physical and emotional eat here - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2001, 06:32 AM   #1  

Thumbs up

i just want to know are there other ppl like that and how do you deal with it .........do yall find it hard to deal with while dieting.........im havin a hard time dieting.........please give me info thanks
Old 05-22-2001, 08:24 AM   #2  

Bugg, I think that learning to understand your emotional and physical needs helps. All the food in the world shoved down our throats is not going to be a substitute for what we really need!
If it is boredom, get busy. If it is loneliness, call or visit someone. In other words, get going and don't stop at the kitchen!
As for physical needs, I don't know what needs exept hunger that food takes care of. I suppose fatigue...but a nap takes care of that. Take the child for a stroll. That may help! Fresh air is marvelous!
Old 05-22-2001, 12:48 PM   #3  

Bugg--

Please understand that I know what you are going through. Diet is a four letter word that has been with me since I was seven, but it has taken me almost 20 years later to realize that there is no diet in the world that people will stick to if it is dramatically different from what we are doing now. We learn how to eat and cope with emotions from our family. My family loved to eat out and not eat veggies at dinner time, etc. They also never exercised. This created lousy habits in my adult life. I have to work to undo their mess. It took baby steps. No mayo on a sandwich, lots of water, salad instead of fries. These things will add up to a greater loss in the long run.

I still stress eat, but I have turned to rice cakes and veggies, etc. Some things take longer to break than others. I eat out 4X a week (I refuse to change that), but I am wiser in choices. I order smaller kiddie meals if I am dying for a hamburger. I also walk every where now.

You have been posting a lot, gathering information, which is wise. There is no easy way around this. Pills, quick fixes, you just have to make the effort (and it sucks some days) to change your life. Instead of blowing off this day, try to start this day to do something positive for you. If it means walking around the block, going to a TOPS meeting, refusing a piece of cake and eating fruit instead. It's all good and it will add up, I promise you.

Hang in there and post often

Abby
290/240/190
Old 05-22-2001, 05:43 PM   #4  

Hi everybody,

I am new to this forum stuff but I figured I'd give it a shot.

I have a similar story to lots of you, I've been overweight most of my life and I have lost a few times just to gain it back. I am trying really hard this time to lose and keep it off. I had a baby in September and top the scales at 264. That really scared me that was the highest I have ever been. I have been working out and watching what I eat so I have lost, I am now down to 235. I am proud but still worried. I feel like almost everyday I am battling for the control I need. So far I have been doing it on my own but I think it will be nice to have some buddies.
Old 05-25-2001, 11:22 AM   #5  

Welcome babygirl24--

This has been a great site, although I have been MIA for a while. It's hard somedays to figure out how to change your life for the better. Somedays I really hate thinking about it that much.

This week has been blah for me. I have been totally stressed about my upcoming wedding and haven't felt the desire to exercise (other than walking to and from school). I have been at my weight for a while now without gaining or losing. I am trying to fix that.

I hope you can come and post often, although with a baby, I understand the business.

Abby
Old 06-04-2001, 02:51 PM   #6  

Hi Everyone,
How was the weekend? I did OK. The weekends are the hardest for me because all of my thin friend want to go shopping and out to eat and I ussually go along and mess up all the hard work I did during the week . Its weird that eating one bad meal really throws me off track and I won't lose that week. None of my friends seem to understand that. Well I am back on track today, I am going to work out tonight so that will be good.
Jennie
Old 06-05-2001, 10:03 AM   #7  

Thumbs down This will be a great summer !!!!

Listen up ladies !
This is going to be a great summer !! I have to lose 50 more pounds just to be back in a size 10 but I'm going to have fun doing it ! If there is anyone out there who wants enjoy losing weight or getting back in shape with me I would love to hear from you !! I need buddies and a lot of support. I am here if anyone needs some encouragement. Remember, you don't have to be a size 6 to be stunning (I'm a Mode reader )
Closed Thread