Old 12-28-2004, 01:38 PM   #1  

Default 3rd times a charm!

Hello!

I wanted to (re)introduce myself to the board. I've joined up a couple times and never stuck with it. Well, the time has come when I must. As the saying goes, you know its a bad day when your fat pants are tight. And my fat pants are tight! Ugh. This is not some hokey new years resolution...it just happens to fall at this time.

Anyways, a bit about myself...I'm 26 and a first year teacher. I love my job but it keeps me so busy that I find myself exhausted and my eating schedule completely screwed up! I've decided that I'm using this next week before school starts back up to get myself on a decent schedule. I've signed up at Ediets with the hope that paying a little $$ helps with the motivation. I already had a membership at the YMCA and I'm trying to get back into that as well.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and helping each other with our weight loss goals!

Amy
aimes523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 01:51 PM   #2  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

hi Amy!! Welcome! yay another 20-something!! I know what you mean about the fat pants being tight... that's what got me started too! Let me know how e-diets is for you. I tried it out once a few years back and didn't really do anything with it.

I have to say that you have really found a great place to hang out... a lot of the woman who post over here at 20-somethings are a real inspiration because they have lost a lot and are continuing to lose. i get a lot of motivation from these gals. I hope to see you here a lot!!
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 03:00 PM   #3  

Hi Amy and Megan,
Unfortunately, I'm a long way from my 20's, but at 5-0, which I just turned on the 24th, I have the same problem of being overweight. I have to work a bit harder to lose weight, as I have medical problems that prevent me from doing strenuous exercise, but I am able to modify them so that they do show results if I keep up with my goals. BUT...I've let myself go and now as soon as I can get the casts of my right hand and then off my left hand after they operate. <grin> It is keeping me from my favorite exercise "swimming laps", so now I need to figure out how to walk with a cast on my hand and use my walking poles (which I absolutely love! as they really help me with walking without a cane). Anyways, I am new here and as soon as I figure out how to use this site effectively, I'm sure I'll be on more to say hi to all others.
GunnyWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 03:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Hi Amy and Gunny, good luck in your new lifestyles! Just reading some posts here.. I usually post over at the 100 lb club, and you are more thanwelcome to post there too, even if you don't have 100 pounds to lose.

Amy, what grade do you teach? Any specific subject? What's your schedule like? I'm thinking if you start out with maybe 30 minutes of exercise a day (and maybe on weekends and such) just walking on the treadmill or lifting a few weights? You'll be surprised how much energy it gives you and once you get used to it, you probabyl won't even give it a second thought. No problem in starting out slowly, you know? Any little change is better than no change, right?

Gunny, I'm glad to hear you've been able to modify your exercises to fit your health problems. Good luck to you!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 01:11 PM   #5  

Hey all!
Thanks for the warm (re)welcome! Djs, I teach 9th graders but at a junior high school. I'm a science teacher which I love and its nice because we're always up and moving around. But my schedule is exhausting. I have one planning period and its 1st thing in the morning so most of the day I'm go-go-go which leaves me physically beat and starving by the end of the day. Plus I'm a new teacher so I spend a lot of time after school just trying to play catch up and get things together! I have a membership at the Y so I think I will just need to make a time in my schedule to force myself to leave school and get a workout in. I know it will give me more energy in the long run, its just overcoming the exhaustion to do it!

Gunny, I think that's great that you've been able to modify your exercise routine! I know you must miss swimming laps. I've thought about adding that into my workout. Any suggestions for how to work that in?

Megan, thanks for the welcome! So far I've only been on ediets a couple days but I'll be sure to let you know how it works. I like that the meals are planned out (calorie-wise) but I'm wondering how difficult and expensive it will be to stick with their meals. I spent $125 on just the first weeks worth of groceries! But I know you can do substitutions and I just need to learn how to incorporate those so I don't break the bank!

Amy
aimes523 is offline   Reply With Quote