Old 12-16-2004, 03:13 PM   #31  

Tanny - I am playing legend of zelda wind walker right now and I love it!!! I just don't get enough time to play because of work and my thesis.

Lets see.. I am not much of a gamer anymore. Top 3 games that I like:

1) Legend of Zelda Wind Walker
2) Warcraft series (I like WC3 the best .. although I suck at it)
3) Settlers of Catan (board game.. but really good)

I am not into the online role playing games. I like more adventure games and games you can play with people in the same room.
tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 09:11 PM   #32  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

i never really got into warcraft, dunno why was always a stratagy fan but mainly civ and sim games. i did love mario on the NES. and sonic obviously lol. so the next burning question the best consoles of all time!. 2 hand helds and 2 desktops!

1. the atari lynx. what a piece of kit!! totally awesome well ahead of its time would kick arse with some of the current hand helds!
2. gotta be the gameboy. with its overly chuncky body and tiny buttons. mixed with the almost impossible to see unless you were under a light green block screen. many hours of awesome fun.

1. now consoles i have to admit the ps2 is great but i'm drawing towards the xbox i'm getting one soon and although you need a truck to move it to a mates house its an awesome bit of kit.

2. who remebers this! the Jaguar 64! i loved this so much what a machine so much potential just wasted. no games no funding and direct competition to the MegaCD. but alot better.

i've seen a great christmas present its a joystick that plugs into the tv with over 20 classic atari games on it
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 10:19 PM   #33  

ummm i am the proud babysitter of a sega mega drive? I love PS1 too.. as for hand helds.. ummm donkey kong one game consol?
he he.. not much for games me...
although playing doom and quest when absolutely written off as a teenager was lots of fun!... wolfenstein gave me nightmares. and that's about.. anyone else come across a *******ly hard game called 3 in3?
HAL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 12:15 PM   #34  
Becomming a Monster

Gadget watch! i got an ipod mini for chrimbo its awesome just starting to tap the potential but i love it. also mother very kindly got me the star wars trilogy *gold edition* i had a glum chrimbo though i have the flu so feel bad no alcohol as i been doped up on pain killers
Old 12-26-2004, 04:17 PM   #35  
one of my goals!

S/C/G: 215/203/150

Height: 5'7"

slimmingsi - has anyone ever told you that you look like Chandler from Friends?
I see that the topic has turned to gaming - something that DH does a lot of and I do none of. The last game system I played was Atari.
I did want to add that I saw Meet the Fockers on Thursday and it was super funny, I realllly needed a laugh that day and so I took myself to the movies - it was a great choice!!
BrunetteChic_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 05:10 PM   #36  
Becomming a Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunetteChic_2000
slimmingsi - has anyone ever told you that you look like Chandler from Friends?
oh yea all the time i get stopped in the street and everything not

nope never been told that one although i do have a very dry sarcastic twisted sense of humour
Old 12-27-2004, 08:05 PM   #37  
one of my goals!

S/C/G: 215/203/150

Height: 5'7"

BrunetteChic_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 03:42 PM   #38  

Hmm I saw team america twice in the holidays and blade 3! he he... i know tacky movies but they were good fun.... unfortunately it was decreed that i wasn't making sufficient use of the mega drive so it's been taken back lol!
HAL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 11:16 AM   #39  
Becomming a Monster

low blow! mind you i'm totally skint and pawned most my dvd collection today so i'm sulking
Old 01-08-2005, 09:35 PM   #40  
a new me, I soon will be

I saw Meet the Fockers over the holidays and it was so much better than the original. I was also dragged to see the Incredibles which was surprisingly entertaining.

I think someone had asked about books earlier in the thread. I am just finishing up The Fat Girl's Guide to Life by Wendy Shanker. It is really good. Sometimes it can be slow, but overall she does a good job of "telling it like it is".
becgris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 07:30 PM   #41  

Ooo.. I saw some people talk about MMO*s here! I was just about to look for or start up a gamer thread.

I am a major gamer.. I am currently building a new kick-butt computer just so I can play more MMOs. It's ok though, because I do know when to stop and do my school/house work or other things.

Next one I'm going to play is World of Warcraft, which I've been planning to play since November, but had to round up my usual friends in order to play together. We're going to start that up on the first of the week.

Over break (I'm a university student, so I had 5 weeks off) I played a lot of Sims2 and some City of Heroes - which is just a wonderful twist on a MMO atmosphere. I've also played dozens of MMO*s over the years, so let's talk games! I also am a huge D&Der (two D&D games a week, plus I'm joining a Harry Potter style one this semester also.)

I also bought a new board game, Game of Thrones. Has anyone tried it?

Last edited by niksa; 01-12-2005 at 07:34 PM.
niksa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 07:34 PM   #42  
Go, Banana!

i saw the life aquatic. i laughed so hard. i think everyone should see it.

peace
eyereenah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 08:46 PM   #43  
Bootylicious Diva

I saw Hotel Rwanda last week. It is fantastic, but a real tear jerker.
chitowndiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 10:20 AM   #44  
Becomming a Monster

we had the jerry springer opera shown on tv here last week. and it was the funniest thing i've seen in years i was almost crying with laughter. the guy who is responsible for the channel that showed it is in hiding from some religious group who are threatening him lol. i can't wait for teh DVD to come out i want it
Old 01-27-2005, 07:52 PM   #45  
Becomming a Monster

i been quiet this month the curse of xmas destroyed my bank balance and ability to purchase new goodies. still god bless itunes free download of the week. this week is a song by the subways awesome album coming out err when they finish it lol. bring on payday so i can get scissor sisters!