Old 09-01-2004, 11:31 AM   #1  

Default Im a newbie!

HI everyone, my name is Joni (Joanie) and Im trying to lose weight for my impending wedding!! I (inadvertantly) kick started the weightloss by going to Russia this summer for a study abroad program with my college (I lost 15 pounds there, even though I ate a Super Snickers (like a King Sized, by American standards) every day!- There's a reason Russians are so skinny- LOTSA WALKING!!)

So Im trying to stay motivated and eat well. I have about a year until my wedding, and I want to eat WELL, and lose the weight slowly. My biggest problem is excercise, so Im looking for advice!

Well I cant wait to get to know you all!
Ahealthierme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 12:01 PM   #2  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

welcome Joni!
Good luck to you! Sounds like you know what it will take to get you to your goal, and you defn have a resonable amount of time to get there! btw, walking is a great form of exercise!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 12:06 PM   #3  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hello Joni!

I'm on a fit kick for my wedding - we haven't set a date yet so I'm cool with that! lol, we'll decide when I'm thin!

I've taken up cycling this summer, which is great - I advise a cycle computer so u can see your stats as you go along!

I also kickbox on Tuesdays, and I might start going to the classes on Thursdays although that's my only free evening so I mite put it off for a while!

I guess the best advice is find some form of exercise you really really want to do! I used to trampoline which I loved to bits - until I started falling on my face!

Have fun choosing!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 11:34 AM   #4  
one of my goals!

S/C/G: 215/203/150

Height: 5'7"

Joni & 2frustrated -
Congrats on the upcomming weddings!! I think looking good in a wedding gown is about the best inspiration ever! How many other days in your life are you supposed to be stared at and admired 100% of the time?
What kinds of plans are you guys on?
Right now one of my main sources of motivation is my husband. He is in the Army and serving overseas right now - and I won't get to see him again until Jan. 7 - the day before my 26th bithday!! I want to be at least 20 lbs lighter and fitter by the time he comes home - but in 4 months I am hopeing to loose closer to 35 - 40 lbs.
I am not following any commercial program - just restricting my calories to 1200 - 1600 a day, making sure that I get all of my fruits and veggies, whole grains, lean meats & lots of water (plus the occational snack) I have be walking or jogging between 2 to 3.5 miles a day and I am looking to join a gym (probably Curves) in the area.
Good luck and I hope to see you guys on here somemore!
BrunetteChic_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 12:16 PM   #5  
Lisa

S/C/G: 205/205/145

Default Newbies unite!

Hey everyone! I'm a newbie too and I'm just looking for a group of people around my age who are on this crazy journey, too. I'm not planning for an upcoming wedding or anything like that. My inspiration to lose weight came after my last doctor's visit when I hopped up on the evil monster that was to tell me that my weight and the lady told me I weighed 192 lbs! This is the most I've ever weighed, and I've decided to shoot for my high school weight again which was a healthy 160 which is right in range for my height. I'm 5'9".

I'm not using any specific diet plan. I couldn't do low carb/no carb on my life, and I don't want to have to add points to everything I eat, because I don't do math . I'm working on the, "let's not eat a whole bag of chips in front of the TV after I get home from work at 10pm and then go to bed" plan. Basically, I plan to eat less, work out more, and drink tons of water instead of tons of Mt.Dew.

Good luck to everyone here! I hope I hear from you all soon!

Lisa
CW- 192
GW-160
Short term goal- 180 by Halloween
oh_surfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 06:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 156/156/125

Height: 5'3 1/2"

For those trying to lose weight for a wedding, I can tell you that it is GREAT motivation. I was up to 135 before my wedding, and lost almost 15 pounds in 2 months. The problem is keeping it off - I'm not up to around 145. Best of luck!!!
lauren2pink is offline   Reply With Quote