Old 07-29-2004, 11:18 PM   #16  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Tammy - I think that not holding on to the treadmill would probably give you a better, harder workout but that I wouldn't do it if it posed a risk to your safey. (hehe, safety first!) No matter what, you are working out, you are exercising, and that's what really counts.
Dee - I think I understand your rewards program and I think it sounds great.
STB - I understand the bad attitude, but you've got get back on the bandwagon ASAP. And one good exercising session should really up your attitude!
As for me, I am officially back on the exercise bandwagon! Woo-hoo! After weeks (okay, over a month) of very shoddy discipline to my exercise program, I am back on! I have exercised every day since Wednesday and am planning on getting back into my strength training routine hardcore tomorrow. I feel so much better now. Why, oh why, did I ever stop? Sigh. Oh well!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 07:04 AM   #17  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Megan- Its perfectly fine to hold on while on the treadmill. I think the main reason they suggest not holding on but to swing your arms is that you'll get your heart beat up higher by doing so. As long as you're getting your heart beat up to your target range, I'm sure you're getting a terrific workout.

Dee- Welcome Back!! I've been where you are now, with absolutely no motivation to workout and no will power to eat healthfully. The key is to take it one day at a time!! You can do it, girl!!

Meredith- I still havent' watched season 5 & 6, my girlfriend keeps saying she'll let me borrow them but always forgets to bring them when we get together!! I guess its for the best because my butt will be glued to the couch when I do get them!!

Can't wait for the weekend, we're supposed to have some really nice weather!!
alsbttrfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 04:25 PM   #18  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

I'm doing tons better today...really bad mood yesterday. I went and put in an hour at the gym last night after work. I'm glad I did, it was just what I needed. It has even put me in a lot better mood for today. Amazing what a little sweat will do
Everyone have a great weekend!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote