3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   I'm engaged! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/41352-im-engaged.html)

JennPGH 05-30-2004 06:35 PM

I'm engaged!

:D

Sean proposed on Friday night at Niagara Falls. He took me there for a surprise trip for my b-day, which was Saturday.
He proposed during the fireworks display, the ring is beautiful!
we are planning on June or July 2005, which means I need to get my butt in gear (losing weight wise!)
Is anyone else planning a wedding? Up for a wedding day challenge? I would like to lose 40 pounds in time for my gown fitting.

BeckyBoo19 05-31-2004 02:31 AM

Hi Jenn! Just wanted to say congrats on your engagement! I'm only an hour or so away from the falls and it's gorgeous, especially with the fireworks! It must have been amazing :)

White_Merlot 05-31-2004 10:21 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :cheers:
Wow - what an exciting time! Right now I am planning my wedding, but I am already married - I am a military wife and had to have a JOP wedding just to get the ppwk over with for the Army before we went overseas. :drill:
But we (I) still want the whole wedding deal. Have you set the date?
We are having ours on our 5th annaversery, so May 24ish, 2007 :dizzy: - so I don't think I would be a good person to challenge with, but if you need a buddy I am good for it.
:coffee:
kjo
p.s. there are a lot of wedding websites out there, but I think the best one is theknot!
Good luck!!:lucky:

jenicra 05-31-2004 03:17 PM

Congratulations! That's so exciting!

jdoggmartin 05-31-2004 04:33 PM

Congratulations!! What a great place to get engaged -- it's beautiful!

Jen24 05-31-2004 10:57 PM

Congrats JennPGH! How wonderful! I remember so well the day my husband proposed to me--sweet memories. You can do it--you've got great motivation in the wedding dress fitting, so use it! (-; We're here to support you.

tonic 06-01-2004 12:58 PM

Congrats!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!

I'd join you in the wedding day challenge, but my date is this August. So.. I don't have much time. :(

Oh, you should check out weddingchannel.com and theknot.com. I use theknot for local boards, but weddingchannel has awesome journals and people. Both are great resources for all wedding related stuff.
You can check out my wedding planning journal here:
http://boards.weddingchannel.com/sho...hreadid=456381

Congrats again!!!!!!

golfergirl 06-01-2004 03:21 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!! It will be fabulous... I love wedding planning so any questions are welcome with me :-) I just got married in 2002 so not too long ago and I have helped with so many friends and some people that I didn't know that just needed help with some creative money saving ideas!! Have fun with everything and don't let it stress you out. You're doing it for the Marriage not for the wedding!!

And Tonic- great Journal!!! Love it!!!

deeloser 06-02-2004 08:55 AM

Oh Jenn! How fun! Congratulations and enjoy the planning--do what you and your fiance want, not what anyone else thinks! ;)

spillthebeans 06-03-2004 12:54 PM

Congratulations! A new chapter in your life! Exciting! Enjoy every minute!

JennPGH 06-08-2004 04:17 PM

thanks everyone for the congrats. that was very nice of you all.
I haven't been posting much here lately. I Re-joined WW last week. I've had my first full week OP (Seriously OP.) I am feeling good, I am going to weigh in on Thursday I think, just because it is TOM and I want to give it time to get rid of the *bloat* I really hope I show a loss because I have been SOOOOOOOOOoo OP!

lulu0224 06-15-2004 03:30 PM

i am also planning a wedding next year. i am an army bride too. I decided to have a jop wedding before my husband got deployed. i have decided to have a small ceremony, it will actually be a blessing of a civil ceremony, then have a huge reception afterwards . i am currently 180 pds and would like to drop 50 pds by that time. my husband is about to go on his second deployment, so i really want to suprise him when he gets back

spillthebeans 06-28-2004 06:09 PM

Congrats!!