Old 05-20-2004, 10:14 AM   #16  
it's the getting up

Last couple of days have been a bust, only managing to tackle about 50% of what I wanted to accomplish. But... I did make it to ww! I really don't like the scale there it said I was up almost 3 lbs. But, if that's gonna be my offical weigh in than I better just suck it up and go with it. So, I will be changing my signature and 10% goal, again. Anyways, my mom had to have surgery about 2 months ago and she had just started going back to ww so she prepaid for 10 or 12 weeks I can't remember. Since she's decided with her dr.'s to do south beach she's forking the prepaid coupons over to me! Yeah!!! That saves me sooo much money, and is totally a motivator for me since it's already taken care of. Well, I'm off to change my stuff, get real, and keep it simple today! Hope you gals have a fabulous thursday!
sunseeker_ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 02:38 PM   #17  
hottie in training

Jamie,
let me know how WW goes for you. I did it before and it works, but you really have to stick with it-but hey it is the same no matter what your plan is! Good luck to you! My BF mentioned South Beach to me, because one of his friends at work did and she has lost 30-40 pounds!

I haven't been posting much here this week. Busier than I expected at work but next week I am vacation-not going anywhere just hanging out. I WISH I were going somewhere!

I have been doing bad with food this week! I don't know what my problem is. I keep telling myself I deserve to lose weight, I deserve to look good, look my best, feel my best. It all started Monday when my boss took me out to lunch to celebrate my 3 yr anniversary w/the company. We went to Lone Star steakhouse and I got a steak and baked potato. not so bad, just one meal. then tuesday i had to take our quality manager out to lunch and i got a huge buffalo chicken sandwhich and fries and I ate it all.....yesterday had subway and i usually get a 6" sub and got a 12" sub and ate almost all of it....grrrrr!! I know I deserve to have the body I want, why do I keep sabatoging myself! Especially after my 2 pound loss last week, I really wanted to keep it UP!
JennPGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 05:31 PM   #18  

I hear ya on the self-sabotage, JennPGH. It's SO frustrating, isn't it? I truly wonder WHY I do these things sometimes, too. I know for me, it's partly because I've gotten so complacent (after 70-lb. loss, you are definitely feeling better about yourself), but I think there's more to it than that. For instance, I often wonder why I place food in such high importance? Obviously, I'm really blessed and ALWAYS have enough to eat--I just hate my incessant focus on it. I'm thinking, I'm working on it....but I want to have victory over it!
Jen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 03:30 PM   #19  

I figured this whole real estate thing would be off to a slow start. I was wrong. Today I had a client that put a hold on a lot and plans on making an offer next week. Last night I showed a 20 acre ranch and have to show it to my client's husband tonight. Its 40 miles out of town, but I really think they will put an offer on it. So thats my first week as a Realtor. I am really excited to leave on vacation tomorrow, but it would be nice to not have this unfinished business waiting here without me. I suppose it would be even worse if the vacation was further down the road. I should be packing since we are leaving town before 6am tomorrow. Have a great weekend everyone! I know my eating won't be exactly on plan, but I plan on hiking, walking, and biking the whole time I'm gone. I challenge everyone else to do the same.
South Dakota Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 03:42 PM   #20  

Have a great vacation Meredith!

So question for you all: What should I eat for breakfast?
I need something that will fill me up but is not too heavy. Just fruit is not filling enough.. I need protein. I hate eggs.. which is a problem when I do SBD.. I usually eat them though.. but I feel like vomiting.
My current breakfast: 2 Eggo waffles and 1 TB syrup. Probably bad, but its really good
I just bought the Kashi Go Lean cereal. It has 9 grams of protein in it.,. and is really good. No sugar. They have many different kinds I guess. Think this is a better choice?
tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 04:41 PM   #21  
it's the getting up

Tonic when I eat eggos I spread a thin layer of p.b. and the top with banana slices and a little honey- tastes really good and you get a fruit serving, protein and carbs.
Another thing I like to eat which sounds weird but is pretty good is a cup of yogurt with a cup of fat free cottage cheese it's a complete carb and protein. How about some to go oatmeal cups, fruit, and some plain almonds, pecans, hazelnuts etc. mixed in or eaten alone. I also like a whole wheat bagel toasted with lite cream cheese a tomato slice and slice of cooked canadian bacon add some pepper and there ya go. Just some suggestions!
sunseeker_ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 08:59 AM   #22  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hey tonic? I am doing SB and don't care for eggs -- so I use LOTS of veggies with little egg and some center cut bacon [I don't like canadian]. This morning I put some leftover salmon in with asparagus, spinach mushrooms and salsa in my "omelet"
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 01:17 PM   #23  
Movin' and Losin'

Tonic: I'm not a big breakfast person, so I usually do something small -- like almonds, string cheese, summer sausage or celery with cream cheese. I'm doing Atkins, by the way, so I'm not sure if these would apply to SB or not.

Jenne: I just saw your signature! Congrats!!! Welcome to ONEderland! You've been doing so great lately. Way to go!!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 02:22 PM   #24  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Jenne - WELCOME to 1derland! It's 1derful, isn't it!?!?! I'm so happy for you!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 03:21 AM   #25  

Thanks for the advice on breakfast ladies. I'm still trying to cut back on carbs, but breakfast kills me. You offered some great tips though.

Thanks!
tonic is offline   Reply With Quote