Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 01:56 PM   #31  

Holly, get well soon!!! *hugs*

I was really sick Monday, but have been okay since, just a little shaky. Haven't tried working out since... so I'm going to try in a few minutes, we'll see how that goes. *crossing fingers*
Old 02-05-2004, 07:06 PM   #32  

Hey ladies...

I'm just wondering how you guys deal mentally with weight issues due to bloating, IBS, etc. I've had major IBS issues this week and I feel like my stomach is just 10 times the size it always is. In fact, I know it must be a little cause pants are tight and its making me so self concious. I know its just a temporary "gain" but its getting me down. Any suggestions?

Amy

PS - I really am trying to catch up on posts! You all write so often
Old 02-05-2004, 07:21 PM   #33  
Movin' and Losin'

Amy: I have a hard time dealing with those gains. I have Crohn's Disease and IBS issues, which can cause so much bloating. I wish I knew a better way to deal with it. Even though I think those things are causing the gain, I still get discouraged. I'm in TOPS, and each week we weigh in. It's so frustrating to see a gain while others can lose every week no problem. And, everyone says, "Oh, just try a little harder next week." Well, I did try hard and didn't think I should gain, but I did. ARGH!!! Then, usually the next week after a gain, I have a huge loss, and everyone asks what I did. Honestly, I think it's just the bloating being down. I don't do anything out of the ordinary to lose it. So, the big loss is nice, but honestly, I'm just waiting for the next gain.

So, sorry I'm not much help. I'm in the same boat as you!! Maybe someone can help us both! I know exactly how you feel.

Take care,
Jina
Old 02-06-2004, 06:50 AM   #34  

Hey Jina: I have Crohn's Disease and IBS too! Small world. The Crohn's is technically in remission according to all tests I've had done in the last several years but a scope I had done last year showed inflammation so I still keep that in mind whenever I feel sick. The IBS drives me crazy. I know what you mean about the big losses and then a gain. People think I'm nuts when I tell them I can literally gain 5-8 pounds between morning and night.

Sorry to hear you're in the same boat but at least we know we're not alone!

Amy
Old 02-06-2004, 09:25 AM   #35  
Movin' and Losin'

Amy: I'm sorry that's your situation, too. It is good to know we're not alone and can support each other with these crazy, huge gains! I gained 10.5 pounds over two weeks, which is just insane! I did not eat that much, I'm sure! I could tell it was bloating. Then, the next week I lost 7.5 pounds. Bloating was down and so was my weight. I'm sure everyone thinks I'm bingeing and then starving myself!

Holly: Hope you're feeling better!

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Take care,
Jina
Old 02-06-2004, 10:55 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

i am mostly better. got some phleghmy couchs and a lingering scratch in my voice. but i am counting calories again today and i will work out on monday (need to be 100% before i do that. i do NOT want to be sick again. it's been 9 days of sickness so far!!)
Old 02-06-2004, 05:06 PM   #37  
comeback member

Hello girls,

I just wanted to let everybody know how much i hate having my periods......

I feel soooooooo bigggggg!!!!!!!!!!

Sacha that is having a fat moment...
Old 02-06-2004, 06:59 PM   #38  

Hey ladies....ready for the weekend??? I know I am! (-; Feels good to know I have some time to myself over the next couple days.
Holly, I'm so glad you're finally getting over being sick. I was sick for about month last Nov-Dec, so I feel your pain!
Today at my work (I teach preschool) we had "Donuts for Dads", where the kids' daddies bring them to school & they eat donuts together. It's really sweet & of course much-anticipated by the kids too! I decided to allow myself the option of choosing *one* favorite donut, if I wanted to. I'm really pumped, because I had just the one jelly-filled, glazed donut (SO good), and it stopped there! I even have leftover donuts sitting on my counter right now, but I'm not going to have any more (we 3 teachers had to split them up, unfortunately). I'm so thankful God helped me be wise about the whole situation--I feel I was able to "enjoy responsibly." Good grief, sounds like an alcohol commercial now! (-;
Well, better get going on the grocery shopping....have a great night, all!
Old 02-06-2004, 08:09 PM   #39  

Holly - Glad you are feeling better

Jen - Great restraint with the donuts. Having just one and really enjoying it must have felt great.

Mmmm...I just finished my dinner: salmon marinated in lime juice and tequila, garlic mashed potatoes, and steamed broccoli - all made from scratch! I am determined to become a better cook and eat REAL food as opposed to convenience food. This was a good start, everything was from the Cooking Light website and fit perfectly into my calories for the day. I also switched olive oil for butter in the potatoes for the healthier fat.

Time to study! I'm staying in tonight for housecleaning and reading about DNA evidence.
Old 02-06-2004, 09:44 PM   #40  

Holly - sounds like you're well on your way to 100% again, glad to hear it!

Sacha - DITTO! I'm feeling the same way for the same reason. Ugh! (At least it's making me feel bad enough about myself that I want to workout more, ha!)

Jen - I envy your willpower, way to go!

Katia - hope your studying goes well

I had a bride come listen to my harp today, and she LOVED it, yay! This will be my first paying harp gig.
Old 02-07-2004, 12:47 PM   #41  
comeback member

Hello girls!

Formia--- You must be very talented...I love the sound of the harp! It takes me to another era. Do you also play other instruments or harp is your only passion?

Jen and the donut affair ---- Great movie title uh? Haha...You have will power girl! It must be really hard to have them sitting on the counter though...The jelly donut was a very good option! I miss having boston creme donuts...*sigh*

Katia --- Your dinner sounds delicious! I wish I would like fish...But I just can't eat it...Some recipes look delicious but I don't like the taste. I should try salmon maybe...

I am going to an engagement party later on. It is at a bar restaurant so my 2 ennemies will be there: greasy food and alcohol!! I will try to be a good girl. I am going to wear my mini-skirt, my fishnet stocking and my knee high boots. (no, I will not look like a hooker!) I do not have the chance to wear that often so I am quite excited!

Have a good day!

Sacha
Old 02-07-2004, 01:14 PM   #42  

Sacha - I play flute and piano professionally (as in, that's my career... gigging and teaching private lessons) - harp is a hobby and i LOVE it, it's so relaxing! ...Good luck being good tonight at the party!
Old 02-07-2004, 07:05 PM   #43  
Divine Gal

sacha and formia I so feel ya ladies TOM has paid its visit today....
Old 02-08-2004, 12:56 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

my TOM will join in tomorrow! did we get hormonally synched over the net??? hahahaha. not really, i'm on the pill so mine doesn't move around. that can happen in real life though. but i guess with this many girls posting to one board, 5 of us will always have our period at any given time. that sucks, man!
Old 02-08-2004, 08:48 AM   #45  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

This is similar to the running program that I have been using, trying to ease myself back into running. I try to do it 4x a week.

Week 1: Walk 4 minutes, Run 2 minutes - Repeat four more times per workout for a total of 30 minutes of walking and running.

Week 2: Walk 3 minutes, Run 3 minutes -- repeat four more times.

Week 3: Walk 2 1/2 minutes, Run 5 minutes-repeat three more times

Week 4: Walk 3 minutes, Run 7 minutes -- repeat two more times

Week 5: Walk 2 minutes, Run 8 minutes -- repeat two more times

Week 6: Walk 2 minutes, Run 9 minutes- repeat once then run for 8 minutes

Week 7: Walk 1 minute, Run 9 minutes, repeat two more times

Week 8: Walk 2 minutes, Run 13 minutes, repeat once

Week 9: Walk 1 minute, run 14 minutes -- repeat once

Week 10: Run 30 minutes

I found it in my Women's guide to Running book. I think its a great way to get beginners into running. Hope this helps all that's interested.
Closed Thread