Old 05-23-2017, 06:29 AM   #46  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

So yesterday I planned on going to the gym and kicking my butt into gear! But I woke with the worst cold! still have the tail end of it which sucks big time. I even ate a good few chocolate cookies which was totally my bad! Today I have had a couple more but I had my scrambled eggs and some carbs (toast), which has stopped me from munching on bad food. I need to go to the shop for some lunch and stuff, so I will be leaving the house today I will also need to do some house work and get the heart pumping.

Hope this cold goes soon so that I can get to the gym.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 01:21 PM   #47  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone.

Last night I read the news about the Manchester arena bombing. I spent a huge part of my teenage years in Manchester, it's a cultural center for music and for a little emo kid like me, alternative fashion. I've seen countless of musical acts there, including at the arena, so much so that when I heard about where the bomb was detonated I knew exactly where it was from memory of the venue. I cried thinking about all those lives lost, the reports coming in that they were just kids/young adults. I went to that arena for my first pop concert, it's devastating to think that they didn't leave full of adrenaline like I did but with fear and confusion. It was an attack that felt personal, I've always said that if I had to live in England I would live in Manchester, it felt like a second home. I'm hurt and angry, but my heart is full of hope that there is still good left in the world after reading about the people who rushed in to help those injured and about those who gave rides home to young people who were stranded after the trains stopped. Always look for the people who are trying to help, they outnumber those who are trying to harm.

On to more personal news for me, my parents have been and gone and naturally completely derailed my fitness routine! I did 2 T25 workouts while they were here, but after 4 days of hosting them I began to get lazy. I found myself feeling really exhausted at the end of the day when I would drop them off at their Airbnb, then in the mornings I would get up late and immediately get ready to go and pick them up again. Let's not talk about food either, haha. I had so. much. red. meat. When driving somewhere I saw a truck and through the gaps saw that they had cows inside...needless to say I've been put off eating red meat for a long time. I don't usually eat so much of it, because it always does come with a level of guilt.
I did enjoy having my parents here, we had a lot of fun, but they can be hard work sometimes. My mum especially! She's a bit of a busybody and will charge around and ask a million questions about where to put x, y or z and it's exhausting! She can't relax unless you stick her by the pool and give her a book, which is exactly what I did for the latter part of their stay! I'm the worlds worst sunbather, I find it so incredibly boring. I can do it for an hour with a good book, maybe dip into the water to cool off, but then I just want to explore or do something. Thankfully my parents can be by the pool/beach all day so when I didn't have any plans for them it was easy to entertain them that way. We did a couple of long walks/hikes though which they liked and it felt like a workout. Shame that we always gorged on huge portions of food afterwards though!

My weight has risen back to 174 lbs from my low of 172 lbs for this challenge. Not surprisingly in the least! Today I got back to it with my T25, I just completed day 12 of 78. Feels kinda crappy that I was doing so well with the weight loss but I've essentially reset that progress after a week and a half. BUT! I've just got to get back into it.

I've got a couple of trips in my future, the first is in July we're going to Colorado for 6 days (we didn't want to stay that long but flights were cheapest this way) for my BF's friends wedding. A couple of days ago the BF got a package in the mail asking him to be his best man!! So that's very exciting, he's panicking about it since he's only got 2 months to do everything, but he's really flattered. Then at the end of September I'm going to another wedding in Japan, so I want to look my best for that. I doubt I can make a huge dent in my weight loss for the July wedding, but I think if I push I can at least get into the low 160's/late 150's by September. Hope y'all can join me on that journey! I might even make a challenge that runs through the summer months just to stay accountable - not sure what I'd call it though! Any ideas are welcome.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:14 PM   #48  
Determind Member

Well... I have been glued to the TV for the majority of the last 48 hours. What an absolutely devastating start to the week! I felt so sick listing to the news coming in for many of you who don't know, I have a large group of friends who live in Manchester, and while I knew that none of them were at the concert, two of them work in the NHS. One who is an ambulance driver and A&E nursing assistant, and one who is a senior nurse, both working in central city hospitals. They have been working so hard to help devastated parents find their missing children, or children looking for missing parents. I am glad that the UK have raised the guard level to Critical, with our soldiers on the street allowing the police to investigate this horrible terrorist cell. It may mean that the wedding that I am going to in June way not have a Best Man, but at least our country will be in good hands.

Moving on.... This morning the scales said 275 something... I huffed... had scrambled eggs and cherry tomatoes for breakfast, and then went to the gym for the first time in like 3 weeks.

I went to one of the hotel gyms while in Germany, and felt quite good after a 5 minute fast paced bike and 5 min elliptical workout, it really got my blood pumping. So I added it to my workout today.

10 mins walking working up to an 11% incline (didn't have the correct joggers on for running)
5 mins fast paced Elliptical
5 mins fast paced Stationary Bike
20 mins doing weights: Barbell Squats, Barbell Push Press, Lateral Pull down, Cable crossovers, Dumbbell lateral Raises.

I then had some chicken for lunch, with wholemeal rice and garden peas. I was going no starchy carbs until I realised that I don't get paid until next week so I will be living the poor diet until then

Lots of people were really flattering me while I was away and noticed a big difference in me which was fantastic what an amazing feeling. I feel I understand more the quote " Do it for the WOW you got hot!" , I certainly was getting a lot more male attention that usual...

But Rie I feel we have derailed together... I have been plateauing since the beginning of the year and its pissing me off. But I have no one other than myself to blame. So I am back at the gym, I have had cortisone to help my arm out, I have exercises from the physio to work on. I need to get my mum back into the gym as well.

I have 4 and a half weeks until my best friends wedding (where I have made the dress for it btw ), So I want to work on trimming that tummy and toning those legs again. They went a little jelly over the last few weeks.

I am up for a summer challenge always! I need to keep on track all the time!
Old 05-29-2017, 12:13 PM   #49  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 5 Charts!

Old 05-31-2017, 12:21 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 232/ticker!/155

Height: 5'8"

Hi all! I hope this will be a better week for everyone -- it seems like May has been a rough month for everyone. I had a few non-scale victories this week! I rode my bike faster than ever before for about 24 miles -- up to a local reservoir, which means up the biggest. hill. ever. Whoo! Felt good after the fact, but it was hard! I also jogged two miles tonight with my DH and never really felt out of breath. I just wished that I had not eaten so much right before D: Definitely have been feeling some improvements in my aerobic activity as of late, so I'm hoping I can keep this up!
chel3fsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 11:46 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 191.4/188/150

Height: 5'7"

Do we know what and when the next weight loss challenge will be? This one looks amazing but I'm way too late to join. THANKS!
kmiddl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 02:46 PM   #52  
Determind Member

So this week has been quite off plan But tomorrow I need to get my butt in gear.....

I need to get back on plan pronto, if not for the weight.... for the bloating. I hope that the weather stays OK to allow me to get out and running again hopefully. Tomorrow I have an app to get my dress for my sisters wedding, I had one... beautiful.... but I've lost a lot of weight, so I gave my dress to a new bridesmaid and I get a new one

chel3fsea Well done!!! It's always nice too see improvement in fitness. After my 3 weeks off from the gym, feels like Ive went backwards... fingers crossed for fitness gain and goals!

kmiddl2 Hopefully there will be another one... I need one to keep me on track and let me rant about it
Old 06-05-2017, 10:59 AM   #53  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 6 Charts everyone!

Old 06-12-2017, 02:01 PM   #54  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 7 Charts everyone! Sign ups are now closed! If you already signed up and find yourself on standby, just let me know and I'll add you back in. Be sure to enter your current weight to prevent me from moving you to standby again

Old 06-19-2017, 12:59 PM   #55  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 8 Charts everyone! I've noticed that the previous charts weren't loading so I found a new image host, hopefully it'll be more reliable.

Sign ups are now closed! If you already signed up and find yourself on standby, just let me know and I'll add you back in. Be sure to enter your current weight to prevent me from moving you to standby again .

This week is also your last week to weigh in! The challenge ends on Sunday and I'll be posting up the results on Monday 26th.

I will also be posting my next challenge "Sweat this Summer 2017" on Monday 26th June! I hope you'll join me in getting my butt in gear and sweating my way to weight loss during the summer months. It'll also lead nicely in to the Haunting for Halloween Challenge!

Old 06-22-2017, 07:39 PM   #56  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

Hey all!

Not surprising to say the least that I did not succeed in posting or pushing myself as hard as I could before summer. With that said, I am on the sidelines cheering you all on as this challenge comes to a close, and then hopefully try my hand in actually FOLLOWING THROUGH and finishing up the next one.
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 11:22 AM   #57  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Final Charts everyone!! CONGRATULATIONS!

Old 06-28-2017, 06:46 AM   #58  
Determind Member

Aww crap!! I didn't update for a few weeks and been chucked off

Still going to update you guys anyway.

Ive had my best friends wedding coming up and at the weekend it finally arrived!! I felt great in my skirt that I made and my summery pastel colours.

I have been knee deep in organising my sisters wedding for April next year, as well as looking after her 3 children while she visited the venue for the weekend. Those kids are crazy. I have also been job hunting like crazy and found a job that I really really want, the pay is fantastic!

I am up in weight... but the weekend was a lot of salty food and alcohol. I have also been up since coming back from Germany a good few weeks back. I also go to Spain on the 12th, so I need to plan ahead with food, try get back down to my lowest for going to spain, and hope that the drumming will burn off any extras while im away this time. might even take my running shoes and gear and get active while im away.