~*New Year, New You Challenge 2017*~ - Page 2 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 01-05-2017, 10:08 AM   #16  
Bride to be!

S/C/G: HW: 208 188/ticker/160

Height: 5'-6"

Hi all! *waves*

I weighed in this morning at 181.9 and feel awesome about it! *dances* I hope you all have a fantastic day! I will probably wait until near the end of each week to weigh in.

Just to clarify- we don't need to report weights for week 1 until Jan 15 at the latest, correct? I seem to be trying to get ahead of myself here! Haha
rustylush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 01:06 PM   #17  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Hello everyone,

Just popping my head in, Been hitting 10,000 steps on my fitbit the last few days and now im all stiff and achy . I have my gym induction tomorrow morning which will be interesting as I will need to show my mum around and try and work a plan out for her to work on. I also need to get in an arm and back session. I have a busy weekend planned so I might not be able to pop back in until Sunday night or Monday morning UK time.

Hope everyone is doing well, Really hope I can work on getting some weight off come my weigh in next wednesday.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 05:05 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 165/133/125

Height: 5'5

So yesterday I ended up eating eggs and veggies along with a chicken salad and then at night I was kind of bored with the food I had and craving spaghetti so I had a spaghetti and meatball meal (with added veggies) which took me to 1450cal for the day, so while not great, still under my calories. I did an additional 30 minutes of cycling as well and successfully resisted cravings even while watching TV. That led to a deficit of about 500 cal for the day which is fine.

This morning I was feeling blah and craving fast food so I had a chicken quesadilla and a clementine and let myself relax for the morning. For lunch, I had a chicken caesar salad with a few dried fruit (leftovers in fridge) and I'm feeling like I'm back in the swing of things and ready to be productive now.

flupi Thank you and good luck studying! Remember that what brain really needs is healthy food (and sleep) for studying

rustylush Congrats on the weight loss! You're correct about the weight loss, you can put in the first weight loss anywhere from Jan 9-Jan 15 (and you can change it at any time) and then Riestrella will post the first week's chart around Monday, Jan 16.

Scotsgal Great job on getting in the 10k steps! Soreness means you're pushing your body to start changing Good luck at the gym!

Hope everyone is doing well so far!

Last edited by Zucena; 01-05-2017 at 05:06 PM.
Zucena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:52 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 194/157/122

Height: 5'7"

So, I haven't be able to read through everyone's progress yet, but I hope everyone's doing well!

I did the coolest (and scariest) thing! I went on this scale called an InBody scale, and it told me my basal metabolic rate is 1415 kcal (I'm not sure if this is good or bad for my height and age..?), along with the weight for each arm, trunk, legs, etc., including my body fat mass which was a terrible, discouraging number. However it just confirmed for me that I need to start kicking butt and trying harder. I knew a change had to be made, so my dr. told me I should try to eat under 30g of carbs per day. I just seem to not be able to lose weight at all when I have bread, even if it's a 70 calorie piece of toast. He said my body most likely isn't burning fat, but mostly carbs (I believe I was indulging in at least 70-80g per day, though I'm not entirely sure as I don't count)--regardless of the calories I consume and the workout I put in.

So he's putting me on a plan, and I'm completely revamping my diet. I don't want to weigh in until Monday, so I'll update then. Fingers crossed for a loss in weight.
Emsikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 09:56 AM   #20  
\_(ツ)_/

S/C/G: 211/195/154

Height: 173

Hi all!
Still studying and still going well! I have been getting alot of steps in this week, well over my 12k each day. Yesterday was a bit scattered when it comes to kcal. I think I stayed within my goal but I could not really account for the exact kcal for everything I ate... Getting my steps in really helps with food anxiety though.

I decided on not having an "unhealthy" cheat meal this weekend but be a bit more liberal when it comes to portion size or ingredients instead, but still keep it healthy and cook things I would "normally" eat. Today I really noticed a difference in the mirror and I am hoping fo some proper results when it comes to waist line when I meassure and weigh myself on tuesday.

Emsikins That sounds amazing! It#s so very satisfying to get your body#s needs translated into numbers, love it! I also get the scary part, like getting test results or something.

I hope you all are having a lovely friday!

PS my keyboard got broken, by me, so until my bf takes a look at it symbols won#t appear as they should, lol

Last edited by flupi; 01-06-2017 at 10:01 AM. Reason: reply
flupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:01 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 165/133/125

Height: 5'5

Yesterday I did a lot of walking and some training and went grocery shopping to get some new foods. With that I made a dinner of eggs, veggies, cheese and a new sauce which helped make the eggs taste much better than they have been lately. I stayed up late and was feeling hungry so had a Lara banana chocolate chip bar which was tasty. It was about 1450 calories for the day but with the exercise, it was still a 400 calorie deficit.

Today I was down to 142.5 which was exciting! I love seeing a new number and I'm happy to keep getting closer to those 130s. I slept in and then had brunch with friends where I had a whole wheat burrito with BBQ tofu, black beans and salsa with a side of salad and cornbread. It was very filling so I was full until an hour ago in which I had a chicken caesar salad with a clementine. I did workout for a half hour before it and am hoping to do another workout session in a few hours. It's hard to estimate calories because of the eating out but I'm guessing the meal out was ~1000 calories or so and so with the salad, I think I should still be around 1300 calories or so. Overall I'm happy with the day as I tried to strike a nice balance between a fun meal out and sticking to my plan.

Emsikins That sounds great! I did a DEXA scan (similar) a couple years ago around my same current weight and it was disheartening to learn I was at about 33% body fat but I did learn more about where my fat was distributed which helped me not feel as bad about not being a hourglass/pear type shape. My BMR was 1300ish I think and I think 1400 sounds a bit low for you but everyone's different I'm sure and I know that can be affected by different factors. I think it can always be worth it to try a new plan and see if it works. Good luck!

flupi Good job on the studying and steps! I don't do *exact* counting because I hate it and can't sustain it but exercise definitely helps me feel better about any things I may miss so I understand. Glad you noticed a mirror difference

Happy weekend everyone!

Last edited by Zucena; 01-06-2017 at 10:02 PM.
Zucena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 10:50 AM   #22  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

Hello all!

I feel kind of awful. Ive been off track since thanksgiving unfortunately, and i desperately need to get back into gear. So, today im here and im letting you all know that im tracking my calories, and will be back to check in tomorrow!

I hope 2017 is a good year for all of us! 😊
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 03:23 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 347/223.8/147

Height: 5 ft 3

Welcome Claygirl 1518! I hope your New Year is off to a great start!! It seems to be already on track since you are here

Happy weekend!
anm017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 05:24 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 194/157/122

Height: 5'7"

My will power sucks. I couldn't wait to weigh-in until Monday, so I stepped on the scale this morning.
I was 164.4 a few days ago.
Now I'm 162.6!
The doctor's recommendations are working!!
So it looks like I will be sticking to under 30g of carbs, and I'm putting a tight reign on my splurges. Today I had a Greek salad, veggie egg omelet, and for dinner I'm having grilled tuna. For exercise I kept it light, 45 minutes on elliptical.

Flupi - Thank you! Yes, I was super disgusted and scared to death at first at reading the scale's report! But so glad I read the numbers! And bravo on all the steps!! Sounds like you're doing great, especially with the difference in the mirror!

Zucena - Ugh, I hear you! My BFP was 36%. I'm not surprised to hear my basal metabolic rate sounds low, as I did a lot of yo-yo dieting over the years. :/ Yay for the scale going down for you!! You're so close to the 130s! That burrito sounds so good, btw!

Claygirl - Welcome welcome! We're rooting for you!
Emsikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:14 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by anm017 View Post
Welcome Claygirl 1518! I hope your New Year is off to a great start!! It seems to be already on track since you are here

Happy weekend!
Thanks! Glad to be here again 😊
Old 01-08-2017, 12:24 PM   #26  

Yesterday went pretty well, I managed to stay at 1300 calories and tracked everything. A small but significant victory after falling off the wagon for a month and a half!

Things are pretty good here, I've started throwing on the potters wheel again and I'm joining a studio in Decatur to glaze and fire. I'm also looking for a daycare to take my son to a few hrs a week so I can get a little break. I've realized that over the past year I've sacrificed a lot of the things that made me feel the most like me, to take care of my first child. While I think that was necessary in many ways, I've realized I also need to tend to myself and mental health. So, I'm working on getting my body back, and my passions outside motherhood back. I think if I continue the way I have the past year I might end up very unhappy, and that's not good for me, my husband or my son. So, I'm trying for some positive change in 2017 😊.

Emsikins: Thanks, you are doing great! I've found that cutting down carbs temporarily can be a huge help, the health nerd on YouTube I think has a video on that I found very helpful. Isn't it awesome when you tentatively get on the scale to see a loss? That can make my whole week! I try not to because I can get obsessive and then give up if I'm not losing, but the surprises are always nice!
Old 01-08-2017, 01:27 PM   #27  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome, Claygirl ~ Your happiness is the number one priority. (I always think of the scenario of putting on your oxygen mask first before tending to anyone else in a dire situation.) That way, your husband and your son benefit immensely from your exuberance!

Surprises are in store every time one gets on the scale. For instance, yesterday I went to weigh in at my Medifast Center. I was on plan, "felt" thinner, but I was beyond psyched when the numbers showed a 4 pound loss! Needless to say, I am still on cloud 9!

Persistence and accountability are the keys that will unlock the door to your weight goal. Just take it one day, one minute and one moment at a time.

You are getting your plan in order: food plan, childcare + pottery = happy family!

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 01-08-2017 at 01:32 PM.
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:31 PM   #28  
Jesus, I trust in You

Emsikins~ Empty carbs are evil!

I am so happy your plan is working for you! Congratulations on the loss !

You are going to give us all a "run for the money" in this contest!!!
Old 01-08-2017, 01:38 PM   #29  
Jesus, I trust in You

Zucena~ You and I have very similar stats! You are 3 inches taller than me, though! Is 125 the weight you feel the best?

You are doing awesome in guesstimating your food intake. It definitely is paying off! Awesome!

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 01-08-2017 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:59 PM   #30  
Jesus, I trust in You

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustylush View Post

Just to clarify- we don't need to report weights for week 1 until Jan 15 at the latest, correct? I seem to be trying to get ahead of myself here! Haha
Yes, I believe that Sunday, January 15 is the latest. I documented my weight loss early, couldn't help myself! I usually weigh in on Fridays and will change the same number to a lower figure (I hope ) for the first official weigh in by next weekend!

rustylush~ Congratulations on the weight loss!

I feel this is going to be a very close contest come March 8! Everyone is doing so well!

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 01-08-2017 at 02:01 PM.