Old 12-19-2016, 11:39 AM   #1  
Bride to be!

S/C/G: HW: 208 188/ticker/160

Height: 5'-6"

Thumbs up Accountability buddy?

Hi all!

I'm not sure if there's a specific board to post this on, but I'm curious if there's anyone else out there needing motivation in the form of accountability? Personally, I've attempted dieting with friends, relatives, and paying upwards of $200 per month just to weigh in at a dieting clinic. The cost of the diet clinic is too overwhelming, however the accountability worked wonders for my motivation.

Does anyone need a buddy? Someone to weigh in with twice a week, and share positive vibes with?

<3
rustylush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 07:25 AM   #2  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Hey!!

I weigh in every day so I would be happy to be your buddy. Our new challenge after Christmas might be just the thing for you. I find them very helpful on keeping records and I find them pretty motivational. I do not go to the diet clubs, because for me a gym membership and My Fitness Pal is all I have needed. I calorie count and started working on Macros to make sure I am getting enough protein in my diet. After Christmas I will be starting a strength training workout plan which I am a little scared to do but I am looking forward to it.

I think the girls in here would say that I have some pretty positive vibes.

Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 10:15 AM   #3  
Bride to be!

That's awesome! I weighed in this morning and was happy to be down a few lbs (though mainly water weight, I am sure). What is the challenge happening after Christmas? (Tell me everything. lol) I have not been back to that diet club since last year, mainly because of the price, but also because I didn't find that the support was very helpful. It was just a walk in, weigh, "oh you're up today, better work harder", walk out. At the beginning it was working for me, but my issue is that I lack motivation when I'm at home. My fiance eats nothing but junk, so unless I pre-plan meals: it's much easier to eat the junk with him.

Strength training sounds fantastic! Is it at the gym?
Old 12-20-2016, 12:57 PM   #4  
Determind Member

I know the exact type of club . Riestrella runs the Challenges in here and in "Chicks-up-for-a-challenge", we had a Halloween one which I came Second out of the 20-somethings . This one that is nearly done is a Christmas one, both have ran for 8 weeks. Riestrella basically links up a google docs chart and you go in and put your weight into the chart every week, you can also do inches (which I love to see the difference in 8 weeks). When you win you get a little pic to put in your signature to show that you won, it's not much but its a great way to keep accountable and we all chat about it and help each other though. This one has been quite difficult because many people have pulled from the challenge due to Christmas, but there are a couple of 20-somethings members still going strong.

My best friend and his soon to be wife are similar to you, he eats junk constantly but is actually trying to gain weight, where as she is trying to lose for her wedding next November and like you, if she doesn't plan, she struggles. So my advice would be to make sure that you make time every single week to plan what your meals are, make them and freeze them if you have to, and just be focused. Also fit in the odd cheat meal, or cheat item, because you might burn out and binge if you see him eating something you really really want.

I have actually lost 43lbs so far without significant exercise, I bought a kettle bell and have been using it to strengthen my arms because I used to suffer from bad tendonitis in my elbows. I can feel the muscles forming now . But my goal was to hit 50lbs by xmas and then hit the gym come january.
Old 12-20-2016, 03:20 PM   #5  
Bride to be!

That sounds amazing!! I've seen the pics in everyone's signatures and wondered what they were from! I'll have to keep an eye out for the next one to start and get in on that.

And yes... binge eating is the worst for me. It seems like when I get on days like that it's nearly impossible to stop. Like I'll start the morning with 5 or 6 strips of bacon, 3 eggs, 2 heavily buttered slices of toast, and fried hashbrowns loaded with onions. From there lunch turns into crackers and cheese and sausage, and snacking all afternoon ensues into a dinner of takeout. Ugh. This is my life like every Sunday.

I do need to be able to give myself a treat though every once in awhile, because otherwise I get tired of eating the same old thing day in and day out. Pre-planning is key!

That kettle ball sounds like it's doing the job, that's for sure! Congrats on the weight loss thus far! When I first moved out west (I am originally from Ontario, but moved to Saskatchewan in 2014) I weighed about 208 lbs, my heaviest ever. Then somehow and without a whole lot of time, either, I managed to get down to around 168 lbs, my lowest ever. I signed up for things like Zumba and Bootcamps, and I found that the group aspect of it really motivated me. Also, I went there with my future mother-in-law which as random as that is: it was such a motivator to actually GO every week. And I wasn't eating crap all the time, basically because I was renting a room out of a house, has little access to the kitchen, and vowed not to buy chips or pop. It was really incredible. Since then, ahem, I've bought a house with my fiance, and I guess you could say: relaxed? And relaxed way too far. ><

One of the girls I worked with offered to be a gym buddy with me, which I think could be fun- I just don't like the price. How much do gym memberships run you in Scotland? (My mom's originally from Ayrshire, btw ) Here there's like a $100 sign up fee, then it's about $20 bi-weekly. Thankfully the gym I'm looking into going doesn't have a contract, so I can opt out at any time. But unfortunately that means if you want to re-join you have to pay the additional $100 joining fee every time.
Old 12-21-2016, 05:17 AM   #6  
Determind Member

Yes join in on the next one, they are great for me anyway

That breakfast sounds amazing , I actually have 3 boiled/ scrambled eggs every single morning with toast. Eggs are great for you and It doesn't feel like a healthy meal . You 100% need a cheat meal, I also need a take out every 2 weeks just to keep me going, but I make sure that I have had a low calorie day the day before and eat on track all the same day so that the cheat meal doesn't affect the scale so much. I think you really need to be a planner now that you have your own place, it is quite easy to cook for one if you are prepared. Most gyms here don't have a start up fee, some of the very expensive ones will, but its not common. There will be a years contract though, so most gyms are around $33-$66 CAD per month, but you will be tied in to pay for a year. Some gyms will offer a 3 month buy out, where if you give notice, you can leave in 3 months and it is very rare to have a gym (but they are out there) who will let you leave on a months notice.

Your mum is from Ayrshire?? No Way??? I live in Ayr. Where in Ayrshire?
Old 01-11-2017, 04:46 PM   #7  
Bride to be!

OMFG how did I not see this reply until now. SO SORRY Scotsgal.

I cannot believe you live in Ayr! That's insane! My mother was born in Kilmarnock, and all of my mother's family is from there/still lives there! I've been to that part of Scotland twice. My grandmother's brother had his retirement party in Culzean Castle, and we stayed at Lochgreen House in Troon!

This is the coolest thing that's happened all day!
Old 01-12-2017, 09:57 AM   #8  
Determind Member

Don't be silly, there are post's I have forgotten about as well

That is crazy that you have family from here! Culzean Castle is just darn magical. They have a park around Swan Pond... I have spent many Easter Sundays, Mothers Day's, Fathers Days and other Holidays just having fun and walking their coastal route. Lochgreen Oohhh Fancy They have a great reputation!

Its a strange part of Scotland, we are typical lowlands, not very hilly, and are either typical seaside town, or country farmers type. But we are just a short drive from the City (Glasgow) and just a slightly longer drive to the Trossachs (National Park) to get all the mountains and Scottishy stuff

How is your weight loss getting on?