Old 08-29-2016, 09:24 PM   #1  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Default ~*Haunting for Halloween 2016 Challenge!*

Welcome to Haunting for Halloween Challenge 2016

Welcome to the Haunting for Halloween challenge 2016, it's our 4th year! For those of you who know me, welcome back, I’m glad you’re here! For those of you who are thinking, “who is this crazy person?” allow me to introduce myself! I’ve been doing these spread sheet challenges for a good few years now and I’ve seen so many amazing people lose weight. I've included all the forums in this challenge that participated last year, but if you think that this challenge should be posted in your favourite sub-forum then please PM me and let me know!

Here’s the aim of the game…lose the most percentage of body weight by Halloween and roll up to your fancy dress party (or your couch with the lights off because you hate kids) and feel sexier than ever. I don’t want to hear any “oh…I won’t be sexy by Halloween” because I’m here to tell you YOU ARE A FREAKIN’ SEXY CANDY PANDA! SHAKE IT LIKE YOU’RE AT A NAKED DANCE PARTY! This is just a way to encourage a healthy bit of competition into your routine.

I'll be giving out award badges for the top 3 biggest losers overall and also to the top 3 in each sub-forum, as well as a Finisher award to anyone who weights in every single week. Check out the badges!

Let's Keep This Simple! Please Read These Rules!
  • SIGN UPS ARE NOW CLOSED! Check back on the forum soon for my next challenge "Delicious for Christmas"
  • ~~>Click Here to view the Spreadsheet!<~~
  • Enter your Username, Starting Weight (at the weight you are at NOW), which forum you're joining from (20-somethings or Chicks up for a Challenge) and scroll to the right and enter your Goal Weight.
  • LEAVE THE LBS LOST AND % OF WEIGHT LOSS COLUMNS ALONE! The rest is all filled out automatically by the spread sheet monkeys. Let them do their job, they get plenty of bananas
  • Week by week enter your weight on any day you want between Monday and Sunday.
  • Be sure to have your weekly weigh in on the spreadsheet by Sunday, because I make the charts on Monday. In the spreadsheet when the column is labelled "WK 1 8/31", that means the week BEGINS on the 31st August NOT the particular day you have to weigh in!
  • Check back in to the thread and I'll publish a weekly chart to show who's kicking butt and taking names.
  • If you want to take a break from weighing in then right click the cell for that week and select "Insert Note" (definitely not a "comment" because these won't move with your username if new members join the spreadsheet!) and add your reason for not weighing in.
  • If you don't weigh in for more than 2 weeks without a noted reason you will be moved to Standby. Come to the thread and opt back in if you want to re-enter the challenge.
Optional before and after measurements challenge! Read below:
  • The wonderful nonameslob gave me the idea to include a spreadsheet to chart our measurements from the beginning to the end of the challenge. I've included a tab on the spreadsheet to enter your measurements. Measure yourself at the beginning of the challenge and at the end to see how much you shrink! -->Access this optional sheet here!<--

That's it!* A huge part of this challenge is the community support, so please use this thread to talk to each other and update us on your progress. It’s less about just saying “today I weigh ___” and more about actually communicating with fellow sexy candy panda’s and talking about your life and all its ups and downs. Think of this thread more like a chat thread rather than just a place to post weights.

*FAQ
  • Can I change my Goal Weight once the challenge has begun? ~ Yes!
  • There's a - mark in my cell for a week, but I know what I weighed! Can I change it? ~ Yes! The more information you can put in the better.
  • My weight changed during the week but I already entered my weight, can I change it? ~ OF COURSE! I always like to use my lightest weight of the week and that's perfectly acceptable to change a weight as the week progresses.

Last edited by Riestrella; 08-29-2017 at 10:49 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 11:23 AM   #2  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

I'm here and I'm ready to go! I'll put in my start weight Sunday (which is my weigh-in day)!

Whew, guys. I need this challenge. The wagon has rolled away without me.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 02:32 PM   #3  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone!

Wow, I'm so not used to this challenge being so quiet! Perhaps 3FC is coming to the end of its popularity? I shudder to think this! But it also means that perhaps I should really take my health seriously and get to my goal weight before I see this place become truly silent.

So I'm officially in the 170's - what the eff. I mean, I can't be too surprised, I've not been focusing on my health since moving to another State (been focusing on my career) so it definitely isn't a complete mystery as to how it happened. However I think I need to see this as the LOUDEST wake up call I've had in a long time. I'm creeping slowly but surely into the overweight range and closer to obesity than I am to healthy. This is the heaviest weight I've been in years and I'm definitely starting to see it in my body/face.

My action plan to combat this and to finally lose some weight is to hit the gym that's part of my apartment complex. I don't necessarily like the gym, but I have to do something. I can't afford a membership at a boutique studio or Class Pass, the weather is far too hot and humid to run, so I have to just suck it up and exercise at the gym. I have a circuit training plan written out that I'll take with me and I'll start it asap. When the weather cools down I will then start running again - something I enjoy doing and hopefully with the strengthening I do at the gym I will prevent the chances of injury for when I do begin to run again.

I'm also going to start calorie counting for REAL every day and make it become a habit. I do really well at the beginning of the day before trailing off, that can't happen. I have to input my dinners ahead of time and then plan the rest of my accordingly. I want to start introducing salads into my routine, since I'm eating far too much bread these days.

I'm going home to England for Christmas this year and I would LOVE to be in the 150's by then. It's 15 weeks away so if I can lose a pound a week then I'd be 155 lbs, which would be amazing! I'll try not to get my hopes up, but I definitely want to have a goal of being in the 150's by December.

--------

Penny - So glad to see you!
Old 09-05-2016, 07:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

Yay! I can't tell you how excited I was when I saw this challenge pop up. I was a bit sad a few weeks ago when I checked in on here because the 20 something's board has been extremely quiet, I don't really know what's going on with that! I've started calorie counting and have been bouncing all over the place weight wise. I'm trying the happy scale app to help with the discouragement that comes with that.

Riestrella: I totally feel you on the unbearable atlanta weather. I've been wanting to walk with my son but it's been so damn hot this summer it's been unbearable. It's finally starting to cool off. I can't wait for cool fall weather! We have a membership at the botanical gardens downtown so my son and I can walk and enjoy pretty flowersure. What area of atlanta are you in? Southside? I remember you said you are here for the film industry, I know about pinewood studios but I'm not sure about others!
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 12:27 PM   #5  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone!

How was your day 1 of the challenge? I woke up feeling really under the weather (I've got a cough and my period is kicking my arse), after pepping myself up so much the night before. I ended up waking up at 10am and stirring out of bed around 2pm. Then I stupidly told myself "oh hey, it's Labor day, I should just start tomorrow!" Ugh, how often have I said these words? Too many times.

Today I decided to get going with life and just go for it! I felt so much better this morning, I set my alarm to wake up at 9am (I know it's still kinda late, but considering my sleep pattern this was a big jolt for me!) and got up and I've just finished a workout. I'm doing Jillian Michaels "Winning By Losing" routine which is mostly focused on strength training with small bursts of cardio. For now it's my best option considering the heat and the fact I have a little gym to use. The boyfriend was really sweet and came with me to the gym to help and keep me company.

Now my body is aching and my arms are shaking so I consider that a successful workout. Today I weighed 169.8 lbs which is a 2.2 lb drop from last week, feeling good about that!

-----------------

Claygirl - I know, it's kinda like a ghost town around here! I feel like the art of the message board is decreasing as peoples attentions spans get shorter. Well, I'll still be here until I reach my goal, unless I'm literally the only one posting in these things!
I'm in Decatur! Where do you live? I visited the Botanical gardens when we came looking for an apartment, it's wonderful there. The weather is getting a little more bearable now, the humidity seems to be dying down a bit. The heat is easier to cope with when you're not sweating with the humidity!
Old 09-07-2016, 09:11 AM   #6  

Still a rough week here. My son has four teeth about to pop and he has been fussing almost constantly all week. I feel bad for all of us! I weighed in at 225.5 yesterday, up 1.5 from last week for some reason. I'm staying on track with my eating though despite the discouragement. I'm still struggling with insomnia for some strange reason, I'll try meditating again tonight to see if it helps!

Riestrella: wow you live in Decatur? I'm there all the time, I love Decatur. I live in Tucker, it's about 15 mins east of Decatur. I have a guest pass you could use for the botanical gardens, maybe sometime we could meet up there and walk together! I'm still exploring the area, but I've heard stone Mountain has amazing trails and gardens, and I know there's a nice path near Oakhurst in Decatur. If you haven't checked out the beltline, I highly recommend it. Last time I went I parked near krog street market, walked the beltline to piedmont park, then grabbed lunch at ponce de Leon market. The beltline itself has restaurants and shops on it, and lots of cool art and awesome graffiti along the way.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:40 AM   #7  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Hello! I hope you don't mind me jumping in!

I need a challenge!! This has came at a perfect time! Even though Halloween in Scotland is no where near as exiting as it is in the States lol. Please do not give up hope on 3FC, which even in the last year has turned almost silent. Sometimes I wonder If I am the only person still here, nice to know that I'm not.

I am currently 294.6 lost 28.4 lbs since January (been doing the slow and steady wins the race kind of thing), and it works! I use My Fitness Pal like it is my child, it goes everywhere with me and it seriously tests my patience lol. However, after maybe 2 years of on and off attempts with it, I am now a lot more in tune with weights, measurements and what foods are high in what nutrients and calories. Just now I am on around 1300 calories a day, which seems to result in around 1-2lbs loss per week as long as I am under 1300 every single day lol.

I weigh myself every day for motivation in the morning, I don't get to caught up with it as I only count my weigh inns on a Wednesday. Why a Wednesday you may ask? Well It was the Wednesday Morning after I flew back from Germany in January that I started this journey.

It has been 34 weeks TODAY since I came back and weighed in at 323lbs which involved A LOT of tears.
I am 5.6lbs behind schedule and I will work my hardest to catch back up during this challenge.

BRING IT ON!
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 07:39 PM   #8  

Scotsgal: welcome! I use my fitness pal all the time too. It works the best for me! It has been super quiet around here, but I'm very happy to have this challenge going 😊.
Old 09-08-2016, 08:14 AM   #9  

Ugh. Weighed in at 226 this morning. I'm feeling very discouraged. I've been working really hard this week and have gained 2 lbs from last week. I'm feeling terrible and Luke my effort doesn't matter.

I really hope things start shifting soon.
Old 09-08-2016, 08:28 AM   #10  
Determind Member

Claygirl Aww thank you! MFP has been the only thing that has worked for me long term. Name a diet, I have been on it. Name a natural weightloss pill, I have tried it. Who knew that actually just reducing your calorie intake would be all you needed lol. It has taken me a long time to stop lying to myself, also to actually keep track of every single thing that I eat or drink per day. I still don't include the calories in my Tea, only because I keep forgetting to put it in as a saved meal.

I am feeling a little bloated today, I think I need to try and attack the bloat over the weekend so that next week I don't end up having extra fluids to deal with on the scales. I also went to bed last night realising that I put my goal weight for this challenge 14lbs down from where I am just now :O I think I must be crazy to think I will reach that lol
Old 09-11-2016, 10:58 AM   #11  

Things are a bit better. 224.6 this morning. It seems like losing is going way slower than last time I tried. I remember losing a lot the first month but so far Ive lost 4.5 in about a month. I guess that's still really good bUT I just have so much to lose, and I lost 10 lbs in the first month last time.

I guess I just need to adjust my expectations and stick with it.
Old 09-12-2016, 07:51 AM   #12  
Determind Member

ClayGirl Many times have I lost 10-15lbs in the first month and it has been great..... until I gained it all back again. I decided to lose 1 lb a week. It might not sound very much, but I felt that if in a years time I was 52 lbs lighter, I would be over the moon. I started slow and while some weeks I lose more and some weeks I maintain, or gain, but in the long run I have managed to stay even. I am now 29lbs down sometimes re-evaluating your expectations can take the stress off of it, which might actually help you lose more weight. Good luck!

I managed to get .3 of a lbs down from last week, but my weigh inns are a wednesday, so I will be kicking butt these next few days to try get a better loss on the scales.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:52 AM   #13  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

Hello to all!
I really needed this challenge, thank you, Riestrella!

Off and running...will check in later this week for official weigh in!

------------------

Joyce
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 10:43 AM   #14  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 1 Charts Everyone!

Overall Chart:

20-Somethings Chart:

Please remember that this is the top 15 biggest losers, if you don't see your name then let it motivate you to reach the charts!
Old 09-12-2016, 11:20 AM   #15  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey guys!

Phew, this has been a busy week for me! Sorry for the lack of posting, I feel terrible not keeping up to speed with you all but I will definitely catch up with your news.

First up, my weigh in this week was pleasantly low, towards the end of the week it was starting to creep up but I always like to use my lowest weigh in for the week for personal morale/motivation. It's pretty awesome seeing me on top of the 20-Something Charts, and also positioning in the Top 15 Overall. I know it won't last as the challenge goes on, I am slow with weight loss, but it's nice for now

My Thursday - Saturday was busy socially, which has been great. We went to a pizza party arranged by the apartment complex, I had 2 slices which is pretty great for me considering it was free pizza! I also had a cupcake too, and it was delicious. I saw a little girl though, it was kinda funny but kinda sad, the girl was overweight and just going crazy with the food. She made multiple rounds of the pizza and had 3 huge cupcakes. She practically shoved me out of the way to get to the cupcakes! I think she was about 5 or 6? I know she doesn't really know any better yet, so in a way that's what made it slightly amusing, but I couldn't help but cringe when seeing how animalistic she was being with the food.

We met some of our neighbours at the pizza party and they're so cool! My boyfriend and I were both feeling a bit hard done to having not met many people we connected with yet, but 3 of our neighbours were there and we clicked straight away. So we spent all Thursday night with them, we had a movie night on Friday then we went to a lantern festival on Saturday with them. Hurray for new friends!

Friday it was mine and my boyfriends 7 year anniversary together, we went to Foxbrothers BBQ, a Texas styled BBQ place that is amazing and we ate delicious BBQ. Good for the soul, not for the body. >_>

Today I'm starting an edit for a feature film I've signed up for. It's an independent film, so I'm not going to get paid unless the film does well when it's released, but it's good for my portfolio which is why I took it. This morning I've seen 2 paid editing positions local to me, dammit! Given, they're for commercial work, when I want to go into film, so I'm doing what I want to be doing but the money would be awesome. Oh welly.

Anyway, this week is going to be me focusing on balancing work and social life. I have a bad habit of putting off work (life working from home, people!) to socialize and vice versa. I also need to throw in healthy living too, so while last Tuesday I did an epic workout (that had me sore for 3 days!), I put off working out the rest of the week because of other plans. Focusing on 1 thing a day is bad, I can't sustain that forever, so I need to learn how to create my own working week. I'm already doing it now by posting this, haha, oops!

---------------------

Claygirl - Wow, it's kinda surreal having known you on the forum for years and now we live so close by! I was actually in Tucker a few weeks ago, I met with a friend at The Local 7. Decatur is a nice little area, I live about a 30 minute walk so I imagine I'll walk in a lot more when it gets cooler. What are your favourite places in Decatur? That would be lovely to go to the Botanical Gardens with you! I went there in April and it was lovely, they were just installing those crystal looking art sculptures but I still enjoyed it.
I walked some of the beltline on Saturday for the lantern festival! We also had something to eat at Krog Street Market, it's so cool there! I definitely need to do more exploring of the Atlanta area
What are you doing to lose weight? I found that the older I get, and I know I'm not that old, but even those 4-5 years I've grown since starting to try to reach my goal weight I've found it harder to lose weight. If you're trying to do a plan that worked once before, how long ago was it? It might be that your body has changed and you need to try something completely new. I used to be able to JUST exercise and then I would lose loads of weight while still eating relatively unhealthily. That was when I was 22 years old, I definitely can't do that now at 27, I need to really watch what I'm eating.
On a side note, I'm starting to feel all sorts of aches and pains! What the eff? I feel 60 sometimes. Definitely a motivator to get in shape to make my muscles/joints stronger now so I don't feel ten times worse when I get older!

Scotsgal - Welcome, welcome to the challenge, it's great to have you! What's Halloween like in Scotland? I know in England it's more about the kids but here it seems more about the adult parties . Aw, don't worry, I'll be around on 3FC and run these challenges until my own life gets crazy enough where I don't have time, so I'll be here for a while . Wow, you've lost so much weight! Congratulations. Slow and steady, I think, is the superior way to lose weight. In my mind losing weight slowly will reduce the chances of loose skin and dramatic stretch marks, but that could just be me! I need to adapt your mentality to MFP and use it consistently, one of my goals is to use it throughout this challenge. Having a schedule can be motivating, but give yourself a break too! You're doing such a fantastic job, even if you're behind your schedule that does not mean you're not achieving your ultimate goal.

MorningGlory - Great to have you!

Last edited by Riestrella; 09-12-2016 at 11:24 AM.