Old 09-13-2016, 07:54 AM   #16  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Riestrella Thank you very much! Halloween in Scotland is very much about the kids and the adult parties, but we just don't do it to the same extreme, I would say 1 in 30 houses will decorate. Last year my sister had a small party for the kids which was kind of fun, then I went to a friends house for an adult party. That was the first Halloween in maybe 4 years that I actually did something lol. I love dressing up though! As of today I am now 30lbs down woohoo! The aim to lose 1 lb a week is hugely based on sustainability and toning. I have been overweight since I was 9 or 10, I don't have an adult body to snap back to. I do not know the size of my frame! I understand that there is no way I will get to 154 or less without sagging skin, but if I can work hard on toning everything, I may only need a tummy tuck which I would be very happy with. Also because I gained weight so steadily over a long period of time, I don't really have any stretch marks, which is a bonus. I am training my mind lol so that when I switch off I automatically go for healthy food, does that make sense? MFP helps me to learn measurements by sight, so that again when I don't have my kitchen scales or cups I can make good estimations. Its all about education I suppose, and it is working so far.

Me
Today I have went from 294.1 to 292.3 which is awesome! Official weigh in is tomorrow, then I will update the spreadsheet.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 01:56 PM   #17  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

Hey everyone I'm just gonna do the inches since I'm at 117 and am focusing more on losing body fat and putting on muscle.i have a personal trainer and I'm on a super strict meal plan but it's all working and I'm enjoying it.no candy for me on Halloween since no cheat meals
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:17 PM   #18  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone!

Weight was 169.8 lbs this morning, last weeks lowest weight so I'm pleased! Glad to be back there after creeping up towards the end of last week. Today was a so-so food day - had some avocado chips in the evening which is bad since I didn't need to eat this late at night. Other than that slip up I did well today. Does anyone else have the Thug Kitchen cookbook? Probably my favourite cook book I've bought, I only have a couple, but it's full of delicious vegan recipes. I'm not even a vegan and I think it's great! Tonight we had roasted broccoli and chickpea burritos, yum yum.

Work is about to get crazy, I just planned out the next month of my life giving myself small deadlines for each day to keep on top of the film I'm editing. If I can get ahead of my deadlines then it means time off, but if not then I'll be working some 7 day weeks in October. This will definitely be a good lesson for time management, that's for sure! I'm already ahead of myself for tomorrows deadline so I'm happy about that. I'll be going to Colorado next weekend and I've included that in my schedule, so the more work I can cram in before that the better.

I also bought a bag today, it's been a while since I've bought myself anything, so it was a big deal! I wanted a bigger bag that will be good for travelling so I got this bag from Etsy. I can't wait to receive it, though it might take a while! I love how spacious it looks and how many pockets it has too. I'm a sucker for compartmentalization

----------

Scotsgal - Yeah, Americans tend to go a little bit further with the house decorations, huh? Back in England the most we would do is carve a pumpkin, but once we were too old to trick-or-treat my Mum stopped doing it! I think she's gotten softer in her old age though, now she has a grandson . I love dressing up too! The last costume I made was from Katy Perry's E.T. video, I did the gold alien look near the end of the video. I had so much fun with the makeup, but I had a huge costume malfunction on the night of the party! Wow, 30 lbs down is amazing! I know what you mean, I've been overweight since 11/12 so I have no idea how I'll look when I'm thin. The lightest I got was 149 lbs, but I still had 19 lbs to go and I think those are definitely vanity pounds! I guess if there's anything good from regaining some weight back is that I know I can do it, I just need to focus.
Yes! Weight loss is all about education, knowing what is good to snack on and knowing what foods will fuel you rather than damage you in the long run. I remember reading the nutrition guide to the Insanity programme and it changed the way I thought about food! I still struggle with emotional eating, or boredom eating, so that's something I need to work on.

Skittles - Welcome, that's fine to just do the measurements! I hope you see some great results, congrats on reaching your goal! Do you have any before and after pictures?

Last edited by Riestrella; 09-14-2016 at 11:19 PM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 09:37 AM   #19  
Determind Member

skittlesfirehawk Welcome!! I have a friend who focuses on body fat loss as well, it works wonders for her! I hope you see some great results. Since January this year, I have lost nearly 5% body fat and its great!

Riestrella I recently saw the ad for the Thug kitchen cookbook and I actually thought that it was a joke lol, now that I know that it isn't I might invest. Good luck with your time management, and btw, I love your bag! I dressed up last Halloween as a Zombie Cowgirl lol It was very good! I usually put in quite a bit of effort. This year I totally want to try and perm my hair and be a Lion or something like that lol. Do you still have your English accent? I spent 4 summers working in the states, One summer in Cali and 3 in NY, It very much tested my ability to come home and speak normal lol I still sometimes say trash or garbage.

About me So the other day I was talked into signingup to do Total Warrior next September, which is a bit like Tough Mudder. What the freak was I thinking??
Old 09-15-2016, 02:08 PM   #20  

At this point it just makes no sense to focus on weight since I will be building muscle.Im interested to see what weight I end up as in a year or 2.i finally made it out goal but I'm nowhere near done.im thinking another few months and I'll be wearing crop tops
Old 09-15-2016, 11:39 PM   #21  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Bad day for me, didn't count calories, ate too many tortilla chips when I didn't need to, had a huge chai tea latte when I didn't need it...bleh. Bad day. I DID, however, turn down ice cream. Boyfriend bought it home for me and I was about to tuck into it but then stopped myself after realising I wasn't hungry - just craving. So if one good thing came out of today, it's that!

----------------

Scotsgal - Haha, the ad is awesome right? I can see why you thought it was a joke, but no it's a real cookbook and it's awesome! Thanks, I can't wait to get the bag and test it out! I'm not sure how, since it's quite large and for occasions where I'll carry more stuff...but I'm sure that won't stop me using it as soon as it gets here. Wouldn't a perm be permanent though? I've no idea how perms work in all honesty! Oh aye, I've still got a Northern twang . It comes out here and there, but honestly my accent is messed up. Grew up in Northern England, then lived down South for 3 years, then lived in Japan where I had to tone down my accent a LOT; combine that with having an American boyfriend for 7 years and now living in America it's all sorts of messed up. People think I'm Australian most of the time, they don't clock on that I'm actually British until I tell them. I think unless you sound like someone out of Bridget Jones they can't place the accent! Did you do summer camps type programmes? I have an acquaintance who met her fella at one and now she's married to him and lives in Oregon! Haha, I will definitely get a lot of stick for my vocabulary when I go home for Christmas! I say trash, chips, cell phone, trunk...the lot. I just pick it up naturally I'm not trying to be more American - I think people who haven't lived abroad understand! Woah, that's awesome about the race! How long is the run and how many obstacles? What a great thing to train for! I always focus on my fitness if I have a race to run, I think this will be great inspiration for you - even if it seems crazy now this time next year you could be the lightest weight of your life and thanking yourself for entering!
Old 09-16-2016, 08:51 AM   #22  
Determind Member

Riestrella Where in the North did you live? I understand about having to clear your accent up, when I was in Cali there was only really me who wasn't English or American. I could hear just how slang and Scottish I was lol I noticed that as a Scot, I roll my r's which meant that when I said Girls they though I said Ghetto (due to the american T's not really sounding like our T's). I then had to learn not to roll my R's, no one knew how to say my name (being an Irish name), so reverted back to my nick name of Caz. It was a complete learning curve for me! You asked about a camp programme, Yes I went though Camp America and Was posted out in the redwoods about 3 hours north of San Fran my first year and then spent 3 summers at a camp in NY near the Connecticut border. It was Awesome! I even have the Zip code tattooed to my foot lol.

Total Warrior is 30 obstacles, 10 tonnes of Ice, and 100 tonnes of mud, and one free beer at the end lol. The one I am entering I believe is 12k long! I have really bad Tendonitis in both of my elbows so I am hoping to of had surgery by then and work them up to be able to pull myself over 15ft walls and stuff like that. It will take the full year to train I think.

About Me Got a new low on the Scales this morning which I am very happy about, Got a mini goal of the 10th of October which is the date that I go back on tour for a week to Germany drumming. As a single Lady and currently about 39 out of 50 of us being Male Me possibly being the only single lady also you never know lol
Old 09-16-2016, 04:54 PM   #23  

Rie you could run early in the Morning before it gets to hot
Old 09-17-2016, 11:11 AM   #24  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

Decent week so far, although a bit frustrating scale wise. I've been working hard this week, 1250 cals a day, and working out 30 mins a day. I weighed this morning and I'm a pound heavier than I was at the beginning of the week. I'm not super discouraged though because I just added exercise back in and that usually throws a wrench in at first.

Riestrella: I know it's insane that we live close to each other now, when we first started talking you were in England and I was in SC. Things have changed a lot! I'm doing the same things that worked last time I lost weight. I'm seeing an endocrinologist that specializes in weight loss in a few weeks to check in. If things don't improve maybe he will have some insights as well. I'm 28 and I have to agree that I have all these new aches and pains, it makes me feel old. Between that and being a mom now it messes with my head sometimes! I'm still explowing Decatur myself. I love the square downtown, lots of awesome restaurants and shops. The brick store is a fun restaurant and bar we really like, and the Iberian pig has great tapas but is quite pricey. There's a clothing store right next to the brick store that I just want to buy every funky hippie outfit they have. I love it! I'm still trying to figure out good places where I can take my son James. There's so much around here sometimes it's overwhelming.
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 10:57 AM   #25  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone!

Busy last couple of days, met up with some friends on Friday and had my cheat meal which was delicious. An interesting observation I had - I usually drink unsweet iced tea when I'm out but I treated myself to a Coke, but I don't think I can handle the sugar anymore! I started to feel sick and a bit light headed, it was bizarre. Definitely a good thing since Coke is one of my biggest weaknesses, I rarely have it anymore because if I buy it for the house then I'll drink it too quickly.

Yesterday I went to Japan Fest with the neighbours, it was kinda meh to be honest. For an event that's been running for 30 years I thought it would be a little more organized. I guess I'm forever spoiled because I lived in Japan, but it just didn't feel like a celebration of the culture, it felt like people trying to sell me mostly crappy merchandise. I did find a stall of a Japanese painter who sold some beautiful prints, I bought one for the apartment and one for my friend for Christmas. Another redeeming part though was a Taiko (Japanese drum) group performance, it was incredible! They were so talented, it really made me want to take up Taiko. It looked like a full body workout since they're always moving around and holding a slight squat position. It was a beautiful and exciting performance.

I've decided I'm going to run a 5K at the end of October. I'm usually all about the 10K's, but I think I need to treat this burst of weight loss as a whole new beginning rather than picking up where I left off however many years ago. I could definitely train for a 10K but I think I would be pushing my body a little too hard considering my inactivity over the last 4 months. I found a 4 week training plan (since I'm not an absolute beginner after all) and I'm gonna start it on Monday October 3rd. In the next 2 weeks I'm going to do Yoga every day to limber up and get a little more flexibility in my life to prevent injury before running again. If the weather forecast isn't lying to me early October is the time when things will finally cool down in Georgia, so I'm looking forward to it!

----------------------------------

scotsgal - I lived in Preston, a very boring place to live and no one has heard of it! It's close to Blackpool. I'm glad you had a great experience in America! That's a really cool idea for a tattoo! Wow, sounds like an amazing race. Speaking out loud here, if I were you I'd start with a Couch 25K program, then move into regular 5K training and perhaps do a couple of those before moving to a 10K training. In time as you get lighter it'll be time to start training for those obstacles, but definitely cross train as you're running to prevent injury. You can do it, a year is loads of time, but don't leave it too late!
Ooh la la, I hope you have fun on tour . Congrats on the loss!

Clay - Starting up exercise always messes with the scales! Give it a few weeks and you'll be fine and if not then it'll be time to re-assess but that might not need to happen . I love the square too, I've been to Brick Store multiple times since my boyfriend is really into beer. I love the decor in there too, and the door is amazing! Family friends treated us to Cooks and Soldiers which is the Pig's sister restaurant and it was amazing. I think I know which store you're talking about! There's a burger place on Ponce past the square called Farm Burger which is pretty tasty. All locally sources ingredients and home made, the lunch deal is great and the portion is huge! I've heard good things about Cafe Lily too. I was in Tucker again on Friday at The Local 7 again!
Old 09-18-2016, 02:40 PM   #26  
Determind Member

Riestrella Can't believe you think people haven't heard of Preston, it is just off the M6. Which to all Scots is the road to ANYWHERE in England lol Well except for Newcastle obviously. When it comes to running, I am actually terrified, I can barely run 1k. I tore the ligament in my knee a few years back, also broke my ankle last June and both cause me bother when I try and run. I really need to get back into it though.

About Me Well I ate cake on Friday night and it has been bad on the scales ever since. Also getting some bloat back again, I really don't know how to stop my painkillers from causing it.
Old 09-19-2016, 05:25 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 184/170/150

Height: 5'4

Good Morning everyone - down some weight this week but I wanted to share something I found rather interesting. I dropped 1+ lbs however my fat percentage dropped by 5. That goes to show you that the weight on the scale doesn't always tell you what is really going on in your body.

Cheers everyone KCKO

Terry
terryc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:43 AM   #28  
Determind Member

TerryC Wow that's fantastic! Well done! I have some pretty funky scales and they also tell me about body fat and It is great to see it go down!
Old 09-19-2016, 09:40 PM   #29  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 2 Charts!

Overall Chart:

20-Somethings Chart:
Old 09-21-2016, 10:09 AM   #30  
Determind Member

Damn I think I always miss out on the chart because my weight in is a Wednesday I think I would be in top 6 or so if it was a Monday.

Oh and I am going so slow this time the bloat if affecting everything