Old 06-24-2016, 12:22 PM   #1  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Default I have been totally pants recently...

So, I haven't been good lately.

After losing about 15 pounds throughout January and February I have now put almost all of it back on. Yes, I've been having fun and managing stress and all of those wonderful excuses we can make about things that can get in the way, but I'm disappointed that I just keep repeating the same pattern and never really get a handle on this.

This post is a reality check. As soon as I post this, I'm going to go and edit my ticker and put my actual weight in. I'm going to give myself some meaningful goals to work towards that are stretching, but realistic.

I am running a half marathon in September. I have never ran more than 10km in my life, so I have a great reason to be motivated and strong over the coming months. Yes, I have holidays and celebrations and all of those wonderful excuses we can make about things that can get in the way, but this is me drawing a lie under my laziness of the last few months and taking some control back.

I'm not going to beat myself and call myself a failure or any other mean things. I'm going to put a smile on my face and start from right now.

Anyone else been a bit pants lately and fancy joining me in convincing themselves that they're ready for another try???
dayoneagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 11:36 AM   #2  
blubberbutt

S/C/G: 250/178/135

Height: 5'3"

Theres nothing like a big event or goal to motivate you!
I lost a really big amount of weight a couple of years ago, but then met my SO... and then didn't lose anything more. I did however maintain my weightloss and am only just kicking it back into gear in recent weeks.
Its not a crime to be a bit pants for a while. c:

Good luck training for September!
nolimits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 12:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/190/?

I used to get really upset when I would fall off the wagon and completely throw in the towel. But like, you haven't really stopped. You aren't back at 208 (based on your ticker) so the back and forth is all part of the journey, right? That is what I keep telling myself at least. Progress isn't always linear. We are on the right track!
Missy789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/226.4/150

Height: 5'3.75"

I like to view each "Start again" as an opportunity. I tend to fall off the wagon when I stop posting here. My lowest weight was 178...and now I'm all the way back at 224.6. I would say I am pants...but none of my pants currently fit.

Dresses and leggings are a godsend...but get terribly hot in these summers.
Davikatl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 09:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: Current 210 Goal 198

Height: 5 foot 11

You can do it! Consider it a graduation to a new grade of losing weight =) You are smarter and more advanced than you were when you started, but like every new grade, you need to start from the beginning and with the basics. Thats how I think about it. I tend to give myself reality checks in the way that the "old me" lost weight doing what I am doing, but I need to get better to keep it up =). Hope that helps! Keep up the hard work!
LiftLaughLiveSHB is offline   Reply With Quote