3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Question of the day # 7! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/30934-question-day-7-a.html)

bella sacha 08-22-2003 12:00 PM

Question of the day # 7!

She is back!!!!!!!!!!! Stronger and hopefully slimmer than ever!!!

Here comes SACHA!!!! *clap clap*

And here is the question of the day!

***What are your 3 favorites delicious low fat/low cal snacks?***

MMMmmmmm....I'm hungry!

Sacha

:)

Jen24 08-22-2003 03:52 PM

My faves...

These first 2 are more meals than actual snacks, but they are my current ultimate favorite healthy-eating-friendly things!

1) mini-pizza made with a whole-wheat pita, pizza sauce, lots of veggies (I use tomato, green pepper & green onion), turkey pepperoni (low fat but still good!) and a scant amount of mozzarella cheese. (put ingred. on in that order). Bake at 400 degrees for about 12-14 minutes. I promise you this is SO good!

2) Turkey melt: Toast 1/2 a bagel, then spread with a scant amt. low fat mayo. Put on deli turkey breast (thin slices), a slice or two of tomato, and a smallish piece mozarella cheese. Broil in a toaster oven till the top is bubbly. VERY delicious!

Other than those, snack-wise I love cherries, peaches, Dannon Light & Fit fat free vanilla yogurt, Kashi golean Crunch, Smart Start cereal.....

I guess I've names more than three, haven't I? Oops ;)

LesnarsTXF5Diva 08-23-2003 02:26 AM

My mom ate ALOT of dill pickles when she was pregnant with my brother and I, way back in the early 80s, and my brother and I are addicted to them. We'll usually go and buy one of those little jars to split, the slices, there's only 5 calories, NO fat and 1 carb in each one.

Secondly, I occasionally like to eat the Blue Bell No Sugar Added country vanilla ice cream. Only 100 calories and 3 grams of fat in 1/2 of a cup.

Lastly, on my diet from 2 months ago, when I lost the 20 pounds in 3 weeks, the afternoon snack was 2 celery sticks about 7-8 inches long and each stick is allowed to have only 1 tbsp of creamy peanut butter on them. I've got my mom hooked on them now:lol:

Tummy Girl 08-23-2003 10:51 AM

Well I have my favorite high protien, high fat snacks!(I am an Atkins girl after all) And I never ate anything low fat before either so I would have no heavenly idea. But now my favorites are tuna with mayo and hot sauce on cucumbers. (Oh i bet that's low fat!) Doesn't sound so tasty but it's fantastic. I love steak so much, I couldn't be happy without it and casear salad (without croutons of course). I eat one nearly everyday. So that's my modified answer Sacha!:lol:

Tummy

lynnie24 08-23-2003 07:59 PM

I love dill pickles,fruit cocktail, and rice cakes (cheese flavored)

golfergirl 08-25-2003 10:24 AM

Low-Carb... :-)
Dill Pickles, Whipping Cream in a can, SF Jello, not to meniton sausage and cheese!!

ChicCat 08-25-2003 11:03 AM

Hmmm, I haven't had dill pickles in ages. Maybe I'll pick some up next time I'm at the grocery store. In the meantime:

Baby carrots- No prep work at all, nice and crunchy so they take a while to eat.

Frozen grapes- Kind of like a popsicle, but it's really a fruit:)

whole wheat crackers with some hummus--YUM!

Cat

sunseeker_ak 08-25-2003 12:03 PM

ok so this is my first question of the day, but you all just crack me up it's great! Anyways, I really am enjoying mixing a 1/4c. of golden raisens with 22 plain almonds- I am trying to get a handle on my portion size so right now I am measuring and weighing everything. Also, low fat string cheese and 15 baked nacho cheese doritos they taste better than the real ones...almost! This weighing and measuring thing is hard, I feel like I am starving sometimes because the portions look sooooo tiny. Have an awesome day everyone, treadmil is calling my name.

Jamie
highest 235
current 215

mocha74 08-25-2003 03:25 PM

low-fat strawberry bananna smoothie
Mango
jello w/a smidge of whip cream

jdoggmartin 08-25-2003 05:04 PM

My favs....

Dill pickles
Peach-banana smoothie
Tomatoes

Athenaphoenix 08-27-2003 03:56 PM

Okay, I'm hooked on the Klondike Slim-a-bear ice cream sandwiches. 1.5 grams of fat and 130 cals in a wonderful treat! I know! I know!! I should leave them alone, but I'm an ice cream kind of girl and these keep me from being too bad..