Old 06-16-2016, 08:01 PM   #121  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny105 View Post
So, I've finally started C25K, but I'll finish week 2 the same time I leave for my trip (June 20), so I'll have a few week break in there. I should be fine, though - week 2 wasn't too bad, and I can probably drop back in on week 3. Also, I've discovered I like running in the heat. It's been mostly in the 90s here when I'm doing C25K, and I like the warm wind and the heat. It makes me SO less cranky when I exercise!

I've found that ever since I lost weight that first time and hit the normal range, I'm much more sensitive to cold. Even if it's hot and I'm sweating, I'm fine with it. I prefer it to chilly weather absolutely. That's why I don't like visiting friends or family much in the summer because they all blast their AC (seriously, it's like they never even get summer) and I end up dying from the icy air. I haven't used AC myself in a long, long time. Just a fan handles it.

Rie: I'm going to Spain! Luckily it's with a group of close friends that includes someone fluent to help out others like me who only know a few essential phrases in Spanish. Yeah, that uncertainty is so uncomfortable. I hate it when I get that feeling. But it'll pass in time and things will end up okay (that's part of my pep talk I give myself, and I find that it helps). How's your apartment doing with the tree?
My BF's Dad is the same way, he's a lot more sensitive to the cold. He also has little to no body fat though, the thinner you get the colder you'll become! My Dad is a big guy and he gets hot all the time, he sweats loads just doing day to day tasks.
Have fun in Spain! Which part of Spain will you be in? I hear Barcelona is fantastic. Apartment is great, still no news about the tree!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 11:31 PM   #122  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

I still sweat plenty, but cold bothers me a lot more than it did when I was obese. Even when I regained I was bothered. I haven't been uncomfortably hot in years. Again, not that I don't sweat - I definitely do (more than my fair share, probably), and I generally prefer it to the cold. I used to be hot ALL the time as a kid. But then my sister whose BMI is like 18.5 is always roasting (she thinks 75 is boiling). I have heard that reduced-obese people are more sensitive to cold than never-obese people who weigh the same. Something to look forward to.

We're going to a few places, but one of them is Barcelona (of course!), which I hear is really nice. Some areas we're going to will be almost 100 degrees during the day! It's gonna get toasty. That's too warm even for me. But it'll be what it'll be. I'll just sweat it out.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:01 AM   #123  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Hey guys...sorry for being MIA I was really busy with a huge work project for the better part of a month, and now we are planning a move (both my office and my apartment in the same week!) I just wanted to pop in and say hi, but in reality I will continue to step back from 3FC for a while.

My weight is still up a bit from my trip home to Delaware, but I'm fairly content where I am. Since work has slowed down a bit, I've been eating more healthy, planning meals, riding my bike a lot more...just trying to get back into a normal routine after weeks of working nonstop. Miss you all mucho and I hope everyone is doing well!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:36 PM   #124  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Penny - I prefer colder temperatures but I think that comes with being a weird British person! I'm so acclimated to colder weather that I enjoy it more, most British people love the warmer temperatures because it never gets that hot in England. Ooh, I hope you like Spain! I've never actually been to a nice part of Spain before...my family goes there to essentially get some sun so we always ended up going to places that were taken over by British people. I'm more of a culture vulture! Can't wait to hear about it.

NNS - Woah, good luck with all the moving! Glad to hear you're living a more healthy lifestyle and moving back to normality.
Old 06-20-2016, 11:28 AM   #125  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

I sat down to do the charts but I'm getting an Google Drive error message. Slightly concerning considering all my other google sheets are working. Charts will be either later today if I have the time or tomorrow!
Old 06-20-2016, 03:13 PM   #126  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Google Drive played nice, huzzah! Week 9 Charts everyone! This is our final week!!

Overall Chart:

20-Somethings Chart:
Old 06-23-2016, 01:50 PM   #127  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Remember folks, this is our last week! Get your weights in by Sunday to make sure your final weigh in is recording for the last chart of the challenge! I'm seeing a lot of empty spaces on the spreadsheet!!
Old 06-25-2016, 11:15 AM   #128  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

I hit my goal 125.0 this morning
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:53 AM   #129  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Congratulations to all the finishers of this Sizzling for Summer Challenge!

Here it is…the results!! It's been a tough summer for a number of us I know, but well done for sticking with it and I hope to see you all in September for my Haunting for Halloween Challenge .

First of all a disclaimer – The top 3 overall winners will receive the overall awards. After that I will choose the next person in line for a winner of the sub-forum awards.

The Gold Award Goes to:
flower1

Starting Weight: 136.6 lbs
Final Weight: 124.6 lbs
Total lbs Lost: 12 lbs
% Weight Loss: 8.78%

The Silver Award Goes to:
Missy789

Starting Weight: 224.7 lbs
Final Weight: 207 lbs
Total lbs Lost: 17.7 lbs
% Weight Loss: 7.88%

The Bronze award goes to:
skittlesfirehawk

Starting Weight: 134 lbs
Final Weight: 125 lbs
Total lbs Lost: 9 lbs
% Weight Loss: 6.72%

WOW! You guys are incredible! Huge congratulations to you all. Now onto the sub-forum awards:

The 20-Somethings Gold Award Goes to:
Kahaney

Starting Weight: 157 lbs
Final Weight: 146.6 lbs
Total lbs Lost: 10.4 lbs
% Weight Loss: 6.62%

The 20-Somethings Silver Award Goes to:
runthecontinent

Starting Weight: 167 lbs
Final Weight: 165 lbs
Total lbs Lost: 2 lbs
% Weight Loss: 1.20%

The 20-Somethings Bronze Award goes to:
Zucena

Starting Weight: 142 lbs
Final Weight: 141.5 lbs
Total lbs Lost: 0.5 lbs
% Weight Loss: 0.35%

Final Overall Chart:

Final 20-Somethings Chart:
Old 06-27-2016, 01:39 PM   #130  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

Omg I'm so surprised and happy to win bronze
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 11:31 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 225/190/?

I forgot to introduce myself and forgot to log a bunch of times, but just knowing that I was in this with all of you helped me stay (at least sort of) on track. I'm rehabbing both a torn ligament in my ankle and moderately severe brain injury, so I haven't been allowed to do more than 30 minutes of really light biking a few times a week. I'm used to sweating at the gym and then eating whatever I want- having to be really strict with my diet was such a challenge, but sooo worth it! Congrats on the weight loss everybody!
Missy789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 02:47 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 173.5/158.8/120

Height: 5'1"

Oh wow, cool!
kahaney is offline   Reply With Quote