Old 01-04-2016, 08:32 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 92/88/60 (Kgs that is)

Height: 1.65

Hello everyone! I'd like to join too! This year I am going to take up some dance classes. It's one of the exercises I don't get bored doing.

I have come a long way with food in the past year. Much less binging and smaller portions. I have almost completely stopped eating sweets and sugary drinks but I still have a major weakness for chocolate and Chinese food! I think this year I am going to try and improve the nutrition of my food but still make eating enjoyable.
Nanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 09:47 AM   #47  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Hey all! Today is my first official day back to my routine. I didn't intend to initially, but I ended up taking a two week break. I should have planned on that to begin with, as I like to do it now and then, but admittedly I took advantage of it this time! I'm usually much more active and healthy during my breaks. However, I have no doubt all this awful bloat will go away swiftly.

So, today is my first 500 calorie fast of the week, with the intention of doing 2/week as usual. It's also the first day I've ridden my bike to work in forever! I'm hoping to take the long way home, but I forgot my padded bike shorts and I may have to work late. We will see. I really really could use the exercise and I have to get it in before more snow comes on Thursday!

makebelieve - I love your goal of going on a walk with your fiance and the dog! Not only a health goal, but a nice way to spend time with an SO Great job over the holidays!

shelflife -Are you following a certain program to train for a 10K? Have you done one before? I'm planning to sign up for one this summer and hope to start training in the next few months.

Last edited by nonameslob; 01-04-2016 at 09:48 AM.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 12:12 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 186/180/150

Height: 5'9"

Hi all...Looking forward to getting in shape this new year won't be starting til next week though as I'm sick at the minute :/ Determined to finally lose the unwanted weight as my bff has asked me to be her bridesmaid at her wedding next year..first time being a bridesmaid so v excited. And the other bridesmaids are about 3 sizes smaller than me so determined to close the gap a bit before the big day! Has anyone in Ireland/UK tried either Slimming World or the Body Coach 90-day SSS? Any thoughts/recommendations about either of them?
Buckkeepblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 12:18 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Hey guys! First day on plan has been really good! I woke up late this morning and had to rush out the house so didn't have time to weigh myself like I wanted to, but I will tomorrow morning and put it in the spreadsheet!

Managed to turn down all bad food so far today and I've drunk almost 2L of water! Just got in from college and I'm trying a cup of green tea for the first time before I get my dinner on (a lovely chicken salad).

How was everyone else's day?

Last edited by fuct; 01-04-2016 at 12:19 PM.
fuct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 12:53 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 218/163,9/127

Height: 5'2

I would like to join! This sounds fun, and the bagdes are cool too!

...But I don't know how to PM...

Last edited by Photosphere; 01-04-2016 at 12:57 PM.
Photosphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:17 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

I'm helping Riestrella. If you are a new member who doesn't have access to the spreadsheet yet, please post your Stats/Weekly Weigh-in to my attention in a post. I'll post to the spreadsheet on your behalf, until you gain access to the Private Message system. (I believe you need 20 days and at least 10 posts to qualify).

If anyone else has the link, but is having problems posting to the spreadsheet, I can make a spreadsheet entry on your behalf.

PLEASE NOTE: If you lose your link to the spreadsheet, or for some reason need a reminder, you must obtain that from Riestrella only.

Munchey

Last edited by munchey; 01-04-2016 at 07:47 PM.
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:18 PM   #52  
Restart Date: 1/01/2020

S/C/G: 238.8/TICKER/140

Height: 5'4"

Munchey, can you or someone PM me the link? I can't get it to work?

EDIT: Got it to work now. Thanks munchey!

Last edited by leopardspots; 01-04-2016 at 02:39 PM.
leopardspots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:33 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photosphere View Post
I would like to join! This sounds fun, and the bagdes are cool too!

...But I don't know how to PM...

Welcome to the challenge:

You have to be a member of the website for 2 months and at least 10 posts, so we will need to assist you until you can gain access to the PM system.

I can help you with entering your info. on the spreadsheet until you can gain access. Please post your starting weight and your target weight for 3-7-16. I'll enter your stats on the spreadsheet for you, until you can use the PM system. When you report stats for me to post, please make the post to my attention.

Munchey

Last edited by munchey; 01-04-2016 at 02:43 PM.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:36 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardspots View Post
Munchey, can you or someone PM me the link? I can't get it to work?
I PM'd you.

Munchey
Old 01-04-2016, 03:27 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

munchey could you PM me the link as well...thanks!!
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:46 PM   #56  
Restart Date: 1/01/2020

S/C/G: 238.8/TICKER/140

So glad to see so many people joining the challenge this time around! I've found them so helpful to keep me on track.

I'm struggling a bit with diet fatigue since coming home from vacation. I finally have a bit of momentum again and have lost 3.2 of the 4lbs I gained on vacation. Like many of you, I'm determined to say goodbye to the 160s this month!

It sucks about the spreadsheet. Hopefully we can make it public again in a month or so. We all really appreciate the effort you take into running the challenge Riestrella!
leopardspots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:21 PM   #57  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Hi all!

As you can see, the delightful munchey is our newbie moderator for the challenge! Thank you so much for reaching out to help, munchey, you're going to be a great help in keeping this challenge awesome. If you are new to the forum and cannot PM me yet, post your info in the thread addressed to munchey who will take care of the rest.

As for me, I had a fun time last night meeting up with friends and playing a video game where you diffuse bombs! Woohoo! You basically have one person sat at the bomb and the rest of the people looking at a physical manual, so you have to describe the bomb and the puzzles and your friends have to help you diffuse the bomb. It was a lot of fun. I drank a little too much root beer and didn't hydrate enough, so my weight was up to 150 lbs this morning. Mostly water weight I'm guessing though.

Today we got up super early (for me!) to go to a doctors appointment for the BF's feet (he just had surgery). All is well, but we ended up spending most of the morning/early afternoon running errands. We now have a "grown up" account at Chase and I went shopping for my friend since it's her birthday on the 16th. It was nice walking around and finding things for her, I hope she likes what I got. I also treated myself to a nice pair of gloves, I spent more than what I usually would but I wanted to get them for practical reasons rather than just fashion. I love them!

I'm going to NYC this weekend! I've never been before, it's a gift from my BF's boss to him, all expenses paid type thing. It's gonna be a lot of fun!

Nanu - Welcome, welcome! Congrats on all the changes you've made to your lifestyle so far, that's awesome. I don't blame you about the chocolate, I miss UK chocolate big time. Family just sent me loads for Christmas, trying to not eat it all at once but it's hard to resist! Chinese food is delicious, but oh man, the amount of crap that's in it is shocking! I try and remind myself that I WILL gain if I get Chinese food, but sometimes I just don't care and eat it anyway! I love dancing too, I take a class as well and it's my favourite class of the week!

NNS - I seem to have given myself a week off as well, for me it was for being ill but now I have no excuse and I need to get back on it with exercise!

Buckkeepblue - Welcome! What great motivation for you . I've been a bridesmaid once for my brother, I was too young to appreciate it (15/16 and a bit of an emo kid who didn't want to wear pink and be on display!) but I would love to be one again someday. One of my friends joined slimming world after having 2 kids, she's list 60 lbs so far and she loves it.

fuct - Congrats on saying no to bad food! That's a huge step forward. Mmm, I love green tea. What do you do at college?

leopardspots - I'm tempted to put it back to public in a month, but it would be such a pain to move it again if the idiot is somehow tracking these threads. Seriously, how bored do you have to be to do something so stupid?! I have to laugh at how sad it is! Get a real hobby! Well done on losing most of the vacation weight, that's awesome!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:26 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Thanks munchie and Ri! I was thinking I had to have my final weight for last week in this morning, and just noticed this is the first week, so will input Sunday per usual...whoops!

I was doing a decent job being back on track yesterday and today, until I got really tired today so I snacked on protein to stop myself from napping (working from home!) I am trying to cut down on my napping, I seriously got into a habit of doing it too much, and it ruined my sleep. I was on a medication that made me really tired and I needed naps, but now I am back to normal, just trying get back in the habit. Don't get me wrong, I support naps but I was just taking too many at the wrong times and it was also messing with my nighttime sleep.
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:43 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 218/163,9/127

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchey View Post

Welcome to the challenge:

You have to be a member of the website for 2 months and at least 10 posts, so we will need to assist you until you can gain access to the PM system.

I can help you with entering your info. on the spreadsheet until you can gain access. Please post your starting weight and your target weight for 3-7-16. I'll enter your stats on the spreadsheet for you, until you can use the PM system. When you report stats for me to post, please make the post to my attention.

Munchey
Thank you so much, munchey!
My starting weight is 171 lbs, and target for july 3rd is 155 lbs!

I look forward to everyones great success
Photosphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 09:33 PM   #60  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

HDWD - Oh yeah, naps are a big problem for me too. I used to nap almost every day just because I could when job searching. I would then sleep at night too, I was a sleeping machine! Now I've broken the habit and I only nap if I've had less than 6 hours sleep.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote