Old 12-30-2015, 11:12 AM   #16  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

Ow. Yesterday I spent almost 2 hours shoveling HEAVY, ICY, COMPACTED snow on an enormous driveway (alone). Then I spent the rest of the day moving huge, wooden furniture. I did fine, no problem, but today I am so sore! I can hear my muscles creaking... Oh well, it'll go away by like tomorrow. Probably...I actually am doing more moving of heavy objects today. So, maybe not...

Pegeye: Welcome! We have a lot of fun with these challenges!

Rie: Normally it is multipes of 2. However, with my body shape, I shop in the Juniors section (which uses odd #s, so it's 9, 11, 13 instead of 10, 12, 14 - no idea why).
Right?!? Mass Effect is amazing! Even though it was a bit brutal to play the trilogy backwards... which I did. I don't recommend it that way.

NNS: I think a few of us are planning to make 2016 the one where we hit goal - welcome to the club! Then we can all figure out how the heck to maintain!

Rainbow: I did have a good Christmas/Holiday season! How about you?

Last edited by Penny105; 12-30-2015 at 11:13 AM.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 01:23 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 205/200/120

Height: 5/3

Hi I'm Ali and I'd love to join this challenge. I'm going to be 28 this coming January and I want to make this year MINE. Honestly in my brain it's to prep so that I can walk into my 30's looking hot as ever lol although yes that's 2 years away. I just feel like I've wasted so much of my 20's filling my body with so much crap that I just need to start over. I currently weight 200 as of this morning It will be nice to have a bunch of gals to chat with for sure. We got this ladies! WOOO! Thanks for the challenge
alithemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 03:35 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Hey all!
So I've fallen off the wagon big time. Back in June I was losing and making great progress in my running until a bereavement in the family knocked me completely off track. I've completely let myself go, no excuses. Haven't weighed myself in months and its not something I'm looking forward to..

In the past couple of weeks being off college due to Christmas and not having a schedule I've been eating far too much and have just generally felt rubbish. I can feel my clothes are tighter, I even bust some stitching in my work trousers the other week :S

Anywho, point is I'm genuinely excited to get going on my journey once more. Can't wait to get back into my running! I'm looking to get back to my all time low of 162 for now!!
fuct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 04:58 PM   #19  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone!

Feeling under the weather over here . Nothing awful, just run down with a sore throat. I cancelled my fitness classes and I'm focusing on staying warm (the floor of the house we live on is always so cold for some reason...) and getting better.

I don't want to make any grand proclamations, but I am so ready to take control of my health this year. I've said it for years and every year I say "this year is different" so I'm not going to say it again. Actions speak louder than words, I just want to prove to myself that I can do this. I'm so fed up with this lifestyle and the body that goes with it. I don't believe in endlessly complaining about something and not doing anything to change it, so I need to live by my beliefs. To an exciting year ahead! Fingers crossed this time next year I'll be out of the 160's, haha, it's been too freaking long!!

----------------

Penny - I played 2, then 1, then 1, 2, 3. 1 wasn't available on PS3 for a long time which is why I did it that way. I kinda feel bad that you played it out of order! If you haven't already I'd definitely recommend playing it 1-3 . Eat lots of protein to repair those muscles!!

alithemom - Great to have you! I love your determination, I feel the EXACT same way! I don't want to waste more of my 20's feeling this way. I'm 27 in April, time to take things seriously if I want to be 130 lbs by 30! I started my weight loss at 200 lbs, good luck with your journey, you got this.

fuct - So sorry to hear a loved one passed away. In regards to your weight, let's not dwell on the past and focus on the future. You are here at this point and now you have the chance to change. You can do it!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 05:16 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Riestrella - I hope you feel better soon! I'm totally with you, things HAVE to change. I've also said it damn near every year but this time around I am going to make things happen.

So thankful for this challenge Rie, every time I quit my plan or gain weight I stray from 3FC, but these challenges always keep me accountable and help me refocus. Can't wait to get started!

Last edited by fuct; 12-30-2015 at 05:17 PM.
fuct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 05:34 PM   #21  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

fuct - It's getting ridiculous how many New Years Day diary entries I've made that say "this year, I'm going to lose weight." I got sooo close in 2012, I need to get back into that mindset, I would turn away unhealthy foods willingly! Time to refine my mindset. I'm glad that these challenges help you to focus, it's why I do them! As long as people keep participating then I think I will run them even after I reach my goal. No if's or but's...I'll make it to goal weight!
Old 12-30-2015, 08:04 PM   #22  
Never ever giving up!

S/C/G: See ticker :)

Height: 5'4.5"

I am so in! Fallen really hard off the wagon and kept falling for a long time so to speak. I know I'm better than that, so it's time to get back up and shine

We've all got this!
Em Coconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 10:49 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 330/284.0/185

Hey all just put my info on the spread sheet, I'm waiting a couple days to put my starting weight though. I've never done one of these challenges before - now is the best time I think to help keep me motivated! I will probably add my measurements as well as soon as I find my measuring tape. :P

Thanks for putting this together! Looking forward to chatting with you all.
makebelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 11:26 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 330/284.0/185

Cool

Oh! I realized I didn't really post much of an introduction.

My name is Kayla, I will be 28 in 2016. I've been overweight since elementary school but my weight really started becoming a problem when I started high school. My mom was involved with someone who was very emotionally abusive to my mother, sister, and I. I spent my teens and early 20s locking myself away, mostly playing computer games where it was safe. I gained and gained and gained! By the time I graduated college in 2010 I was 330 pounds, I didn't like myself... and I felt sick all the time. I had ups and downs but by November 2011 I had managed to lose and keep off about 30 pounds! Between then and August 2013 I fluctuated between 295 and 280. August 2013 I ended a really toxic relationship, and that motivated me to really work on myself again! By the end of the year 2013 I was down to 248! My lowest weight as an adult that I know of.

I then started a new relationship, with my now fiancee. Unfortunately... this relationship has had some really low lows coupled with some good times. I'm starting to feel as though this relationship is souring as well. :\

During the course of this relationship I put on nearly 30 pounds at one point, last weigh in I was 268 (I think this was on the 26th?) Right now I'm really hoping to get back to where I was weight wise.

I really miss the way I feel before I started this relationship.... as awful as that may sound. I haven't gotten to focus on me in so long. I'm going to get some time to myself and make out a very clear list of goals for the course of this challenge as well as for this year. My goal for the end of 2016 is to ATLEAST get down to ONEderland. Ideally though I'd like to be closer to 180. I'm going to cut the fat from my life on every level! I feel like 2016 is going to be MY year. I'm getting very close to my 30s and I want to live the rest of my 20s to the fullest.

alithemom - Your post sounds so much like me! I'll be 28 in June. 2016 will be our year.

Riestrella - Sorry you aren't feeling well. My fiancee and I have been sick the last week and a half. We have some sort of cold/flu that is kicking our butts!
makebelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 10:53 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

Welcome makebelieve! It sounds like you have a good outlook on your goals and obstacles, I wish you the best of luck being your healthiest you!

Very exciting to see all the new faces...here's to holding each other accountable in the new year!

I am still hovering around 166. Would really like to see a drop! I am doing ok in my eating, I need to add in some exercise, that would probably help. Motivation, where are you.....
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 02:06 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 198/198/136

Height: 5'2"

Coconut - All you can do is get back on track. This is really a life long challenge so as long as you learn from your mistakes and move forward you will be stronger!

Makebelieve - Sounds like some great goals. I think knowing what causes you to gain weight will help you as you are losing weight

Seems like a lot of us in this thread are getting to be in our late 20's. I will also be turning 28 this year. In the past when I have tried to lose weight it has been to look good in a bikini or tight clothes. However, my husband and I have talked about having a baby and I want to be in the best shape possible so that I can have a healthy pregnancy.

So far I am finding this motivation to be the best yet. I will never have the body of a supermodel but I will be in the best shape of my life so I don't have added health risks of being obese and pregnant.

Last edited by Izzie; 01-01-2016 at 12:58 AM.
Izzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 05:12 PM   #27  

Height: 5'4"

Hey all. I'm 29-years-old.. usually just stick to the daily weigh in thread (in 30-somethings, since they don't really happen in this forum anymore), but I thought I'd try one of Riestrella's challenges for a bit of a change!

I don't really have much of a plan beyond exercising and tracking food/calories. In the last 4 months of 2015, I trained for and completed a 5K, and I'm planning to increase that distance to 10K this winter... fingers crossed.

Last edited by shelflife; 12-31-2015 at 05:14 PM.
shelflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 08:59 PM   #28  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

So, in the Halloween challenge, I got a new scale and it put me 7 lbs (!!!) above what my old scale did. That new scale I just found out got one of its 4 little legs cracked off because my BF tripped over it. It seems to still be weighing me okay even three-legged, but I'll keep an eye on it.

alithemom: We do got this! Yeah!

Rie: Sore throats are the worst. Stay warm and feel better soon!
You can beat those 160s! And the rest of those decades! Absolutely!
Yeah, I love the ME series anyway. But the game mechanics quality definitely improved from 1 to 2 to 3.

makebelieve: You sound like a capable, strong person, and I wish you luck accomplishing all your goals!

HDWD: It is nice to see new people here as well as some familiar ones!
Yeah, I'm working on adding exercise, too. Starting slow. For me, starting to exercise cold turkey hasn't worked well in the past.

shelflife: Welcome to the challenge!
Love your avatar!
You have some great goals for the new year!
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 10:16 AM   #29  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quick announcement guys!

It appears a 12 year old has stumbled across the link to the spreadsheet for whatever reason and has now taken it upon themselves to mess things up. How do I know it's a 12 year old? Well, I'd be surprised if a grown adult would draw a penis and write LOL in the spreadsheet! Hilarious, really. There are a few options here and I wanted to ask you guys what you wanted to do:
1. Keep the spreadsheet public, I will just keep resetting the spreadsheet back to a previous version where everything is normal. The kid clearly isn't smart enough to figure out that their trolling isn't really that big of a deal, I can easily fix everything with a click of a button.
2. Make the spreadsheet private. I've had to do something like this before, but this was down to a very hateful member of this forum. With this option, I will make it so that anyone who has joined 3FC recently can NOT enter the challenge. This also means I will have to include a forum moderator into the process since newer members can't PM yet.

Let me know what you guys think! Obviously this person wants to annoy us, so just laugh it off. I kinda feel sorry for them, while they were messing things up in the spreadsheet I was having an awesome time with my friends at a New Years Eve party. So, who won really? Personally, I would go with option 1 because I think eventually they will get bored that their graffiti is easily erased, but obviously if it annoys you guys I will consider the second option.

Last edited by Riestrella; 01-01-2016 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-01-2016, 01:26 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 198/198/136

Height: 5'2"

I think option 1 would be best. With it being January there will probably be a lot of new members joining that would like to be part of a challenge like this. Hopefully this person will get bored soon.
Izzie is offline   Reply With Quote