Old 12-26-2015, 10:24 AM   #166  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

For me, it was awesome. Months ago I was worried about being away from my family at Christmas, but I truly feel like I was still with family this year, which was an incredible feeling. I got spoiled with gifts, like holy wow. I got a down jacket that I saw but thought was way too expensive (almost cried when I saw it!), a hooded dress that makes me feel like a fairy princess, lots of handmade jewelry off my Etsy wishlist, movies, a video game that's going to ruin my life (I get addicted to them easily...) but I had to run around the house on a scavenger hunt to find the disc! A gym bag, a fancy yoga mat, perfume, 2 board games, lots of chocolate from the UK (eep!), awesome printed leggings and more I'm probably forgetting.
Regarding the jacket and the dress though, I couldn't help but feel my heart sink when I thought about the size that they bought for me. Both were an L, which totally fits me right now, but I kept thinking "when I lose weight, will this look good anymore?" They're both not cheap and I'd feel terrible to lose the weight and have to give them away because they're way too big. I know I'm getting ahead of myself, "you need to actually lose the weight first, Rie!", but I contacted the Etsy seller and she's happy to exchange the dress. It can be a great motivation! The down jacket, I'm not so sure. The tag is already cut off and I have a feeling they wouldn't be as co-operative without a receipt. However I looked at their website and saw the size chart for a M and I feel it's way too small for my waist. Here's to hoping that the jacket will still look good when I shrink! I didn't even think to find a jacket that was a right fit because I didn't think they'd buy it for me since it was so expensive! If it does look too big at goal weight then hey, I'll just treat myself to another one as a present to myself!!

Sorry for the out pouring, thinking out loud over here!

Christmas dinner was a success! It was stressful at the end because everyone flooded the kitchen trying to help, but I found it more distracting and a little annoying! Now I know how my Mum feels, haha. But everyone liked the dinner, I don't think it was AMAZING but I think it was a good meal. We played Cards Against Humanity afterward and had a great time, I came in second!

This morning I felt this determination, I just DON'T want to be overweight next Christmas. It wasn't a "I got this!" moment, it was more of a feeling of being truly fed up with my body. However it's not going to drag me down, it was more motivation than I've ever felt really. It was like I said "alright, enough of this sh!t, I'm ready to change this situation." I don't want to be worried when pictures are taken next year at Christmas that I'll have a double chin (which totally happened). I'm so sick and tired of this feeling, so I need to change to be happy.

My first step forward is food, my workouts are going great but my food intake is the killer. Yesterday after all the rushing around cooking I just didn't have time to eat a lot! I stepped on the scale this morning thinking I'd see 166 lbs/165 lbs but I weighed 163.4 lbs. A 2 lb drop from the day before. It just goes to show that when I eat less I DO lose weight!

--------------------

Penny - I know how you feel, we're so alike - I've been in the 160's for 2 years now. I cannot wait to see 15X on the scale, I might cry! I'm so happy to hear that you have a plan and you'll be apart of the next challenges. It's been awesome talking to you, I really appreciate all the support you've shown for me! It'll be great to have that continue on . I feel like if someone had your ability to eat right and my ability to workout they'd be an unstoppable weight loss machine! It'd be great to get some advice from you in terms of food, I'd be happy to do the same with working out if you felt you needed it!

Last edited by Riestrella; 12-26-2015 at 10:30 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 09:26 AM   #167  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

I'll be eating holiday leftovers for the mext month... seriously, so much food. Still within my calories, of course.

I got some good gifts this year! And for the first time in forever, some of the clothes people got me actually fit! Most of them, in fact! Did they just always see me as this size before? (???) Who knows. But I'm psyched that I can wear them! I can never exchange them because no one ever gets me gift receipts, and they cut off the tags! So usually I re-gift or donate. Not this year!

I've been around 158 for about a week, which is good, but I'd rather put more distance between myself and the 160s. I'm nervous sitting so close to them. Hopefully my weight will start dropping again soon. I don't want to even see the 160s in my rear view mirror.

Rie: Those are some awesome gifts! Down jackets are AMAZING, so I'd hold on to it until it's so big it doesn't keep you warm anymore. I'm glad it was great even away from your family (which can't be easy). (Hey, what game did you get?). Yay! Your dinner was a success (I knew it would be)! 2 lbs is a good whoosh!
Haha! You're right! If we were smushed into one person, we'd be at goal in a snap!
As I creep toward actually wanting to get moving with my fitness goals, I will definitely want your advice! I've always felt lost with fitness. I'm no food/eating expert by any means, but I do like my system. I'll answer any questions about it, or just help with brainstorming or something. Feel free to talk here or PM me anytime. Your support means a lot to me, too! It's nice to have someone in a similar place be in your corner. I'm looking forward to all your challenges, too!

Last edited by Penny105; 12-27-2015 at 09:28 AM.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 11:14 AM   #168  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Last day of the challenge is here! Thank you all so much for participating, I do these challenges because I know I want to stay accountable so it's amazing to see so many people join me on that journey. I also do these challenges because it's so much motivation seeing all your successes.

If you participated in the measurement challenge, don't forget to get the tape measure out and see how you've changed!

Enter your final weights by tomorrow morning and check back to see the results!!
Old 12-27-2015, 08:38 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone! Hope you all had a fabulous Christmas who celebrated! I brought my scale with me.... It did help keep me on track a bit, but I also realized that it needs to recalibrate when you pick it up (as in take it with you traveling!) and so it was giving me wonky readings like in the low 170s and it messed with my head. But I think I got it set and I am 167 just like I was when we left Wed AM which is frankly kind of amazing! I did do some exercise and chug the water since I was thinking I was like 173, which probably helped. I have also had my period which as we know always plays with water weight!

Looking forward to the next challenge! We got some fun new cooking implements and cook books and I am excited to make healthy food!
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 10:41 PM   #170  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Penny - I can understand your nervousness, but I'm sure you're fine! Even if you did hit 160's overnight it's not because you've eaten enough to gain that much. I got Dragon Age Inquisition, so complicated at the moment but I'm sure I'll get used to it!

HDWD - Glad it was just your scale not playing nice, congrats on maintaining weight! I got a Japanese cook book, can't wait to try some things out too
Old 12-28-2015, 09:22 AM   #171  
Hello!

See everyone over at the new challenge!

HDWD: I always take my scale with me, too. And yeah, I always have to weigh twice when I move it so it's calibrated.

Rie: DAI is a great game! I actually just played it (not my copy - a friend's who actually introduced me to the game)! I played it with zero knowledge about the game world, so it was a quick learning curve!
Old 12-28-2015, 11:12 AM   #172  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Hey guys... a quick final update. My family has been in town for a week and work has been super busy! Regardless of that and my complete lack of exercise (it is WAY too cold and snowy!) I have managed to drop a half pound in this challenge. I'd love to see the 160s before the end of the year, and with .4 pounds to go that is possible...but we will see what this week brings! Regardless, I'm happy with my progress in this challenge and happy to see most everyone has lost as well. Lost a couple inches, too. A huge feat with the holidays!

I hadn't seen my family in 5 months, and though I lost probably only 5 pounds since I last saw them, they said both me and my bf look like we lost quite a bit and that we look super healthy and happy! I will say I'm looking forward to getting back to my routine and with the days getting longer, exercise should hopefully come a bit easier, too. I'm trying to get a mountain bike so I can ride in snow a little easier, as well.

I had a similar experience as Ries with a down jacket..I bought one with my Christmas bonus, and even though the reviews all said it ran small, I still ordered the large (historically that brand runs big on me!) but of course it ended up being too small. It pained me to exchange it for the XL, but I will be happier in something that fits, especially with layers underneaht. It will be worthwhile for this winter, and if it is too big next year I can just sell it online. But man, that mental block about the size really got me!

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year ahead.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 11:59 AM   #173  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Here it is…the results!! Thank you all for such a great couple of months. It’s been a hard journey, I know that many of you maintained weight or only lost a little – but that’s still a huge achievement around the holidays. There’s a reason gyms are the most active in January! Well done for staying accountable. I hope you will continue to join me in my next challenge: -->New Year: New You 2016 Challenge!<--

First of all a disclaimer – The top 3 overall winners will receive the overall awards. After that I will choose the next person in line for a winner of the sub-forum awards. This is so more people get to win shiny badges, I hope you all understand!

The Gold Santa Award Goes to:
Penny105

Starting Weight: 174.2 lbs
Christmas Weight: 157.8 lbs
Total lbs Lost: 16.4 lbs
% Weight Loss: 9.41%

The Silver Reindeer Award Goes to:
leopardspots

Starting Weight: 180.8 lbs
Christmas Weight: 164.8 lbs
Total lbs Lost: 16 lbs
% Weight Loss: 8.85%

The Bronze Elf award goes to:
Kateb

Starting Weight: 249 lbs
Christmas Weight: 230.4 lbs
Total lbs Lost: 18.6 lbs
% Weight Loss: 7.47%

WOW! You guys are incredible! Huge congratulations to you all. Now onto the sub-forum awards:

The 20-Somethings Gold Santa Award Goes to:
Tiny Tiger

Starting Weight: 135 lbs
Christmas Weight: 131 lbs
Total lbs Lost: 4 lbs
% Weight Loss: 2.96%

The 20-Somethings Silver Reindeer Award Goes to:
HaveDogWillDiet

Starting Weight: 170 lbs
Christmas Weight: 166 lbs
Total lbs Lost: 4 lbs
% Weight Loss: 2.35%

The 20-Somethings Bronze Elf award goes to:
Mongoose

Starting Weight: 134 lbs
Christmas Weight: 131 lbs
Total lbs Lost: 3 lbs
% Weight Loss: 2.24%

A huge congratulations to all of our winners!! I’m not done handing out badges just yet, because some of you weighed in every single week of this challenge. Staying accountable is one of the most important aspects to weight loss, and you should be commended for that effort.

Here are our Delicious For Christmas 2015 Finishers!

Curvynotlumpy
Koshinogi
MinervaMoo
Nanu
nonameslob
Riestrella
Wannabehealthy
Workinglikeadog
Zucena

Finally, let's take a look at the measurements challenge, look at all those inches lost!!

I will PM all the winners with their BB code to put their badges in their signature. I hope you’ll wear them with pride! See you next year!!

Final Charts:

Overall Chart:

20-Somethings Chart:

Last edited by Riestrella; 12-28-2015 at 02:39 PM.
Old 12-28-2015, 12:17 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

Thank you as always Ri for managing these!
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 12:34 PM   #175  
Hello!

Thanks for everything, Rie! The challenges and badges and charts and all of it!

Last edited by Penny105; 12-28-2015 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-01-2016, 12:09 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 165/133/125

Height: 5'5

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement! Congrats to all the winners and thank you Riestrella for running it My Christmas and Christmas vacation was great and I'm excited to begin the next year!
Zucena is offline   Reply With Quote