Old 11-16-2015, 02:33 PM   #76  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies! Happy Monday. I am still up a bit from my starting weight for this challenge. Time to be a bit more strict with my eating! I did a ton of cooking yesterday so that there are no excuses come meal time.

I ran yesterday for the first time in two weeks. I've really been missing it, and I had an AWESOME run! My best time in months! I really couldn't believe that I've kept my stamina up. It was a beautiful day so I wrote my capris, but I totally forgot that they are a bit too big for running so I kept having to pull up my darn pants. I may have run longer if that hadn't happened, but I managed just over 2 miles and my pace was under a 10 min. mile!

Looks like snow will prevent me from biking as much as I'd like this week. I might have to try a snow run (I have spikes for my shoes!) so that I can at least keep active. I just hope I get home from work today before it starts to rain.

HDWD - I am also dying to get to 169! Thought I would have been there by now. We can do it! Glad to hear your burning mouth issue is gone.

Ries and Tiny - You guys were both literally blocks from my house! It's such a cute little theater. We almost went on Sunday, too. Could have had a 3FC gathering :P

Tiny - Good luck with your closing. I hope you're able to work out the issue with the garage. How stressful!

Penny - Wow, you did really well for a wedding! Mmm cake pop...I went to a Bat Mitzvah on Saturday but didn't stay long enough to get cake

charbreaker - Ooooh hot guys at gyms are always really good motivation
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 03:11 PM   #77  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Week 2 Charts everyone!

Overall Chart:

20-Something Chart:

If you still want to join the challenge then please go to the first post for the rules + the link to the spreadsheet! If you were already part of the challenge but your information is gone, it's because you haven't weighed in for more than 2 weeks. If you want back in the challenge, please ask me to re-add you to the spreadsheet.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 09:56 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

NNS! We can do it! After waking up Sunday morning at 172, I was 171 yesterday and back to 170 today...we can do it! It is good to have a motivation buddy!
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:01 AM   #79  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

Things are going surprisingly well with my weight loss, which is always nice (until the next stall hits, but I'll take what I can get!). It's a bit of a relief too to be losing weight. I'm juuuust starting to feel some of my bones again (missed those guys!). But I still feel too heavy and unwieldy. If I remember right, that doesn't start to fade until after I pass into "normal" territory. Maybe it's a mental thing.

Still, nice to get a teeny glimpse of tendons and bones hiding out under there!

Charbreaker: Excellent workout! Way to go!

Tiny: I think I did pretty well. Hopefully the rest of the holiday season goes equally to plan!
I hope your living situation gets sorted out soon. How stressful for you!

HDWD: I'm glad your burning mouth syndrome cleared up! It sounds like it was just so uncomfortable. Hopefully it stays gone.

NNS: Thanks! But that's so sad you had to leave the Bat Mitzvah before dessert!
Wow! A run with <10 min miles? You're awesome! Can I ask if you just taught yourself to run, or did you do it in high school, or...? I've always wanted to be a runner (non-competitively), and it's one of my goals to accomplish at some point.

Last edited by Penny105; 11-17-2015 at 10:04 AM.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:49 AM   #80  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

HDWD - That is just the motivation I needed to see this morning I'm down to 172 after getting rid of some weekend bloat, though there's still a little more to go. Maybe by the end of the week! Sounds like you could wake up tomorrow morning to the 160s

Penny - Bones are amazing! I didn't know what they were until recently :P As for running, I played soccer as a kid but I was a lazy soccer player who hated running haha so I can't say I have much experience. I did Couch to 5K starting this past March, and then I just..."ran" with it or lack of a better phrase I ran two 5K races this spring/summer and then started working on speed and distance with HIIT. I haven't been running much lately but I think the biking is helping me keep the speed up!

If I can do it, you can. You already WANT to do it which is more than I could say about myself when I started! Just get yourself a pair of shoes and start!

Last edited by nonameslob; 11-17-2015 at 10:50 AM.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 12:28 PM   #81  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey guys!

Life stuff: Skyping with my friend was really great, we always talk for about 2 hours and still have more to say! The film we went to see, The Assassin, was so boring. It looked incredible, but the film was so slow and confusing. I can appreciate a slow film, it doesn't have to be crazy for me to enjoy it, but barely anything happened! We really liked the theater though! Very friendly staff.

Yesterday I went into the DMV to see if I could get my licence using my work permit - success! I'm so thrilled to be able to drive around on my own now. I drove to the post office on my own and it was great! I thought I would be more nervous than I actually was, I think I drive a lot better when someone isn't correcting every little mistake next to me i.e. my boyfriend . Now that I can drive I can start going to fitness classes! I'm going to try Kung Fu next Monday and on Friday I might try a dance class. I won't lie, I'm a little nervous going to new places on my own, I get all worked up but when I'm there I'm fine.

Health stuff: I haven't been great with my weight loss efforts in the last week or so. I've been holding steady at 163/164 lbs but I need to push through and get going with it. Since getting a lot of editing jobs at once I think I've felt overwhelmed, on top of working at the BF's place, spending time with him on the weekend and getting errands done I just felt exhausted yesterday. I dozed off during a film we were watching and still felt drained and tired the rest of the day. But today is pretty much the start of a new week for me - I'm a freelancer now so I need to figure out my routine! One that includes taking care of myself and getting active. I'm sipping on my green tea now, I think when I'm done I'll go out on a walk/run. I think the fresh air will do me some good, despite it being super cold!

--------------------------------------

Nanu - Insanity is basically a home workout program. You can buy the set online (or download it and be naughty, like I did!) which is a bunch of DVD's/workout calendar. The calendar will tell you which workout to do on which day and you pop in the DVD and do the workout. It's high intensity interval training, so you'll do a killer warm up, then stretch, then do a series of 3-4 moves for 1 minute each before having a 30 second break until the end. It's so hard, but a crazy good workout!

Penny - Congrats on being so good at the wedding! That's awesome. Oh yeah, Skype is amazing, I don't think I could have moved abroad if I didn't have it. I know what you mean, when I got down to 149 lbs I started to see traces of my hip bones and I was so freakin' excited!!

charbreaker - Well done for killing it at the gym! And awww yeah, hot guy acknowledged you . I remember back in Uni there was this hot boxer gym trainer, he smiled at me once and I melted a little inside.

Tiger - Oh my god, this keeps happening with 3FCers! I once went to the botanical gardens and NNS was there the same day too! What time were you at the Mayan? I might have walked by you!

NNS - Great job on the run, that's a great pace!! At my best I was running 10 min/mi so awesome work. It's all that biking! Oh wow, can't believe we were in such close proximity again . We'll have to have a Denver meet up when I'm more comfortable with driving! Those 4 lane highways make me nervous...

Last edited by Riestrella; 11-17-2015 at 12:28 PM.
Old 11-17-2015, 10:08 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Hey all, sorry I've been MIA, and will probably continue to be for a little while. Things at work are kind of hectic and in my personal life, the feeling of being drained and exhausted just continues to reign.

I haven't had the energy to do a whole lot of anything for a few weeks, but I'm still doing well with keeping my food intake in check, and seeing TINY incremental losses. Here's hoping I can pick myself up a bit soon.

Sorry for no personals, I feel like I'm way too behind right now. I'll try to jump in again when I'm feeling more up to it!

Hope everyone is doing ok, working through their personals challenges, and making the most!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 10:35 AM   #83  

169! 169! I even cheated a little before bed which was bad, but I know that I can't do that again if I want to stay on a downward slop!

rainbow Sorry to hear things aren't going so well, I hope things start to get better soon. It's great you are still seeing incremental changes even with all that is going on!

Ri yay! for driving lol!
Old 11-18-2015, 08:46 PM   #84  

Height: 5'6''

Stressful day at work today, but had a good cardio workout. Tomorrow will be upper body+core strength training and cardio, so here's hoping it's also good.

Weighed in at 142.0 yesterday! Happy to see some progress!

Have to go, so no personals, but hope things are well!
charbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 10:36 PM   #85  
Hello!

Well, I've been pretty firmly in the 160s for a while, which is awesome. I've been around 168.x for several days now (kinda ready to move down again, but hey). Although I'm so happy to be in this decade now, it reminds me that I probably have about 10 more pounds until others start to notice I'm losing weight again (or at least that's about where it happened on my last weight loss effort). I'm not a fan of that. I got severely derailed by all the comments from family/friends (it got near harassment at some points) last time. I need to be strong, not give two craps about what they say, make healthy choices, and keep on this time.

I'm kind of hoping since I restarted at a lower weight (180s) than my high weight (210s), that I'll have longer before anyone notice...

Oh well. What will happen will happen. I'm just feeling a little reflective and a bit apprehensive, I guess. But I still want to get into the 150s as soon as I can! And beyond!

NNS: Right? I LOVE my bones! I want to see way more of them! Yeah, I had never felt my hipbones in my life before my first serious weight loss efforts. That was quite the surprise. I've since then discovered interesting bones and tendons that were only myth to me before.

Rie: Oh gosh, I miss sort of seeing my hipbones! I can't wait until I can actually see them. They're like the unicorn of bones - mythical and lovely. Never seen one of mine, but I'm pretty sure they exist.
Yay for being able to drive! I bet that makes things SO much easier for you. I'd hate to not be able to drive! Let us know how the classes go - I bet you'll have a great time! And kudos for facing your anxiety and going new places by yourself - it's uncomfortable, I'm sure, but you're very strong.

Rainbowstripe: Hello! I hope things start to calm down for you - it gets exhausting when it goes on for too long.
Great work keeping your food on point even though you're so busy! That's one of weight loss's (and maintenance's) big challenges!

HDWD: Congratulations!

Charbreaker: Great job on the workouts!

Last edited by Penny105; 11-19-2015 at 10:45 PM.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:50 AM   #86  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey guys!

Life stuff: I've been trying to keep myself busy with work, but I'm terrible at self motivation! So I've been doing a lot of procrastination. Today is the deadline for one project and I've yet to finish a few of the videos I've been editing. I'm almost there, so I need to sit down ALL day and finish it. I've been in the bad habit of pushing off work until 3/4pm and bumming around in the morning/afternoon. Baaad.
One of my friends sent me an article with a bunch of Ghibli things in, being a huge Ghibli fan I couldn't resist buying a few! I bought this kimono since it was on sale and I really like the design. I also got this Totoro backback!! My boyfriend bought this one as a Christmas present, but I love it already. There are multiple designs and I actually got the last one of one of the designs, which I thought was the best one and clearly everyone else did too! It's been a LONG time since I've bought something for myself so it was nice to have a bit of retail therapy.
Driving around on my own has been fun and interesting! Fun fact, I almost crashed into someone yesterday, but it was NOT my fault. I was turning left across traffic and didn't see a black SUV approaching me since they didn't have their headlights on and it was nighttime! Idiot. Luckily I saw it in time to stop my turn, it's crazy how much having headlights on makes a difference.

Health Stuff: I'm still holding out at 163 lbs, so I'm slightly behind on my goal for the challenge to lose 1 lb every 2 weeks, but I have a feeling that will all change since I'm going to be joining Class Pass! Have you heard of it?! You basically pay a fee depending on where you live, for me it's $89 a month, then you get access to classes at studios/gyms in your area. You can go to as many as you want but the catch is is that you can only go to 3 classes per studio/gym. I'm going to try it out for a month and see if I like the classes in my area, but if I really dislike them then I'll just quit and won't have to pay any sort of fee. I'm going to join this weekend and start booking myself into classes next week since I'm working today and tomorrow and won't have the time. I'm excited to try loads of new things, but as I mentioned in my previous post, I do get really nervous going to new places so it'll be a challenge. But if I've paid up front then it gives me an incentive to go, so I won't be making any excuses to not go since I've already forked over the dosh! I'm planning on going to 4 classes in a week, all about an hour long, so I think that will really help my weight loss efforts. I'm looking forward to seeing a loss and some results and hey, maybe I'll make some friends too!

----------------------------

rainbow - Is there anything a doctor could give you or general advice they could share to prevent you feeling so exhausted? I'm sorry you feel that way, exhaustion is the worse, especially when your mind wants to do so much but your body is like "heck no".

HDWD - Welcome to the 160's! I hope you are nothing like me, who has been here for the last year, haha! You're doing great.

charbreaker - Woohoo, congrats on the loss! Well done on getting in a workout despite having a stressful day. I always used to skip on the workout when I was stressed so I really admire your determination. It's showing on the scale

Penny - Are you talking about when people say that you need to stop losing weight, that you're being obsessive etc? My Dad once said genuinely that I needed to stop losing weight because I was wasting away. I was 150 lbs!! I was on the border for being overweight. I think because it happened so fast he thought I was being unhealthy, but I was doing intense workouts and eating healthy. I think that's why I love the forum so much, we're all in the same boat. Friends and family will always have such strong opinions that are usually false. "You don't need to lose weight!" "You're not fat!" I heard all this at TWO HUNDRED POUNDS. Then when I was 20 lbs away from my goal they said "You should stop, you look fine" "130 lbs is your goal weight? You'll be a stick" the latter coming from a girl who got to 130 lbs but is several inches taller than me so obviously it was too thin for her but not for me. Ignore them, come here, get solid advice from people who are losing weight and you'll be fine

Last edited by Riestrella; 11-20-2015 at 02:48 PM.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:13 PM   #87  

168! I always seem to lose around TOM which seems odd. But I do try to be conscious about drinking enough water to not retain, and water retention seems to be the major weight obstacle at TOM.

I am finally starting to feel like I can live life and diet at the same time. It is going much slower, but I am only 8 pounds from my "realistic goal" of 60, that is what the doctor and I first set, although 150 would be great. I was 150 throughout college but I was also a long distance swimmer and so very muscle-y, so 150 now will still probably be at least one pants size larger than college 150. I also think 160 is a pretty sustainable weight for me. I may get to 160 and continue to try and lose, but be ok with a much slower loss, like even if it took a year to lose the last 10, I would be satisfied. I am already close enough that it is tempting to just call it a day, but I will push on!

Just SO HAPPY it is Friday

Ri That Class Pass seems interesting-never heard of it! I just can't get myself to do classes; as soon as they start I am watching the clock to see when it is over, even if I am enjoying myself. It turns it into an obligation and then I don't want to stay. I set a pretty low goal of treadmilling 3x a week and have been doing that pretty consistently. I would like to get to 4 and then 5, but we will see. There are certain days I just don't want to work out, like Fridays. Always too worn out!

Penny I was 170 flat for like 3 weeks straight and I think I will 168 for awhile!
Old 11-20-2015, 07:14 PM   #88  
Hello!

We're headed rapidly for lots of snow around here. And so begins my eternal quest to find a quiet indoor exercise I can stand to do more than three times.

And we're almost at Thanksgiving. My several days trip will be a challenge, but I plan on making healthy decisions. But yeah...could be quite the challenge...

Rie: Yep, the "stop losing weight!" comments make me nuts, especially when I'm still overweight. Some people thought I wasn't eating until they saw me with my HUGE soups/salads/stirfry/etc. Then they're like, "Wow, you sure eat a lot." You're right - I will ignore them and come see you guys who understand all this. Others tend to REALLY not get it.
I'm glad you managed to avoid that car! Driving without your headlights is soooo bad.
I haven't heard of Class Pass, but it sounds like a good deal if you like going to classes! Let us know which classes you go to and which ones are a lot of fun - it sounds like you'll have a great variety!

HDWD: Extra congrats then because you've been lingering in the 170s for so long! That can get so frustrating. But you made it! How exciting! And you're almost at your tentative, goal, right? Awesome work!

Last edited by Penny105; 11-20-2015 at 08:50 PM.
Old 11-22-2015, 10:39 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 135/124/110

Height: 5'1"

Grrr not a great weigh in this week, up a pound from last week Although I did have a Friendsgiving last night, so I know exactly why. Not that this week is going to be any different... work thanksgivng on Tuesday, actual thanksgiving on Thursday... and my mom and sister are coming to stay with me which means a lot of eating out, maybe some breweries... not gonna be pretty! I'm thinking about making some rules, like just sticking to veggies and small amounts of meat and staying away from carbs... except I have to let myself eat dessert, just one!

No big updates on the house/garage, they are still waiting on the permit. I was really hoping to move in over Thanksgiving weekend while I had the extra time and the extra help, so when it became clear earlier this week that I wasn't going to close on Monday as expected I started considering other options eg closing without the garage and contracting someone to do it, or the sellers offered to let me move in and rent from then until I closed. But ultimately it seemed the best thing would be to have everything done and ready by closing, so I just extended my current lease another month. Here's hoping I can move by Christmas!

Havedog- Yes this is the first time I have bought. I feel like I'm not going to do this again for at least 5 years or so, and I know it gets even harder when you are buying AND selling. Congrats on getting to the next decade! I can't wait til I get to mine, I have been hovering above 120's forEVER. And that's great that you are feeling some balance with your life and your health!

NNS- Ha too funny! You live in a great neighborhood, I love south broadway!

Penny- That's awesome that you are seeing a little more definition! I remember when I was in college and was 30+ lbs heavier than I am now and first started losing some weight, seeing the tendons in my hands when my fingers moved for the first time was so amazing. Congrats on being solidly in the 160's. I think you have to remember that when family and friends say things like you need to stop losing weight when clearly you are still healthy or overweight even that it comes from a place of jealousy, as sad as that is.

Ries- I think the movie was at like 7 pm. Congrats on the license, that's so freeing! Let us know how you like class pass. I thought about getting it for a while this summer when I was switching gyms, but it seemed pretty expensive to not actually have a gym where you can have a home base. Plus as much as I like classes sometimes, especially after work when I'm tired, I prefer to just hop on the elliptical and "veg out" and watch stupid reality tv shows lol, so it's nice to be somewhere where I can do that.

Rainbow- Hey even tiny losses add up over time! That's what I keep telling my self, as long as things are moving in the right direction it doesn't really matter how quickly.

Char- You seem to be rocking the workouts!
Tiny Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 11:25 AM   #90  
Hello!

I'm pretty sure challenges make me reflective... Anyway.

I was just thinking this morning about how before I made my first serious attempt at weight loss, I was consistently gaining about 10 lbs a year. I've projected my weight gain before to look at where I would be if I had never lost weight. If I hadn't change things, right now I would be about 100 lbs heavier than I am right now. I can't even imagine it. Well, I sort of can, and it's pretty scary for me.

I was hugely uncomfortable at 210 lbs, and I'm not even that comfortable now. I'm so glad I made that first effort to lose weight. Despite regaining some, despite maintaining that regain for too long, I'm glad. I know my life would be so much worse, and I would feel so much worse, if I hadn't done what I needed to do. And I know my life will be so much better, that I'll feel so much better, by making healthy choices and taking this thing all the way home.

Tiny Tiger: I had a Friendsgiving last night, too! Luckily (unluckily?), no one could cook very well, so I wasn't all that tempted to eat much. Fun, though!
I'm sorry the move hasn't worked out yet. But I am glad you were able to extend your lease!
Some family friends honestly thought I was unhealthily skinny (I was ~150 lbs, which was still overweight), but they're uneducated about health/weight. The other half wanted me to regain b/c then they feel better. :/