Old 11-08-2015, 09:43 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

My mouth thing is getting a little better, but not much I am up 2lbs this week. Gahhh! I know I can pull it off it I just focus, and only eat frozen grapes as mouth soothers. Going to throw in some major workouts today and tomorrow to help get over the hump as well. I go back to the dentist Tuesday so if I am still in pain then, hopefully he can help. How ridiculous!

I think I need to go back to bed for a couple hours, didn't get enough sleep last night, so will catch up on personals later
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 11:29 AM   #47  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

I'm going to a wedding next week for my friend. I have zero clue about the food/alcohol situation. The family tends to be on the health-conscious side, so I'm hoping it'll be pretty easy to make smart choices. On the plus side, I'm just a guest! All I have to do is show up! How novel!

I am a major lightweight with alcohol, so when I drink I tend to lose my inhibitions with food. Luckily, there will be several people in attendance that I want to avoid like the plague, so I'll need my wits about me. That'll keep me one glass of something at the most, probably.

Zucena: Good work on your eating!

Riestrella: I hear you on relatives who make food covered in butter (and/or cheese), even when it's unnecessary. Not easy.
Good work on not fasting for the pizza! And for the chicken and veggie dinner (which sounds delicious, btw)!

Nanu: Welcome to the Xmas Challenge!
Your plans for the holidays sound AWESOME. Walks and nights in = fantastic in my book.
I'm still trying to figure out how I'll exercise regularly with the winter. If you figure it out, let me know!

Rainbow: I love when I'm with friends who are health-conscious. It makes it SO much easier to eat out with them, and they don't grill me on my food choices.
I'm so sorry about your BF's grandpa. Losing a grandparent can be so hard.
I've always wanted to try a book club. Are they really fun?

HDWD: I've never heard of burning mouth syndrome, but it sounds so uncomfortable! I hope it's something they can help you treat! It sounds like it's not much fun at all.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 02:15 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 92/88/60 (Kgs that is)

Height: 1.65

Rainbow stripe - Sorry to hear about your BF's grandfather . It might be too late but maybe you should still take the day off. Having some free time unexpectedly with nothing planned can sometimes be liberating and therapeutic. Otherwise saving them for another time seems sensible.

Tiny tiger- Cheesy pasta.....my biggest weakness. I think I have had it twice this week. I have a gym but I find the gym uninspiring. I think I might try to start climbing the flights of stairs to my flat a few times a day rather than take the lift. I guess it will be a way to compensate for the cold conditions in my flat!
~~~

I have had some guests this week which has made good habits hard to keep. Lots of eating out, entertaining are drinking are not helpful although I feel I have walked miles and miles doing tourist things! I will endeavour to get back on track next week.
Nanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 07:46 PM   #49  
Restart Date: 1/01/2020

S/C/G: 246.2/TICKER/140

I don't have time for personals, but I survived Thanksgiving round 1. No binging, ate in moderation. I'm so exhausted from travel though and I've not weighed myself in several days (just finished TOM). Hopefully my weigh in tomorrow is ok.
leopardspots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 10:26 PM   #50  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveDogWillDiet View Post
I have been having Burning Mouth Syndrome (which is totally ridiculous) and the only thing that makes it not hurt is to eat stuff! ........... Criminey!
Hi HDWD, I have had burning mouth syndrome in the past and did a lot of research to find my own cure. I come across an interesting thread that said they discovered it was their mint toothpaste and when they quit using the toothpaste the bms went away. I figured I didn't have much to loose so gave up my mint toothpaste and sure enough, MY bms went away. Crossing my fingers that this might be your easy fix also. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:02 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by workinglikeadog View Post
Hi HDWD, I have had burning mouth syndrome in the past and did a lot of research to find my own cure. I come across an interesting thread that said they discovered it was their mint toothpaste and when they quit using the toothpaste the bms went away. I figured I didn't have much to loose so gave up my mint toothpaste and sure enough, MY bms went away. Crossing my fingers that this might be your easy fix also. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

This is true that is a very common cause and at first I thought it was mine-I too switched and it went away. But then it came back- maybe because of Listerine. We will see!! Thanks for thinking of me though!
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:46 AM   #52  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Week 1 Charts everyone!

Overall Chart:

20-Somethings Chart:

If you still want to join the challenge then please go to the first post for the rules + the link to the spreadsheet! If you were already part of the challenge but your information is gone, it's because you haven't weighed in for more than 2 weeks. If you want back in the challenge, please ask me to re-add you to the spreadsheet.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:32 AM   #53  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveDogWillDiet View Post
This is true that is a very common cause and at first I thought it was mine-I too switched and it went away. But then it came back- maybe because of Listerine. We will see!! Thanks for thinking of me though!
Listerine kills all the flora(both bad and good) in your mouth. Dropping the Listerine and adding yogurt or a probiotic to your diet might balance things out. You may also want to drop your new toothpaste and brush with baking soda for a while. Have my fingers crossed for you.
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:45 PM   #54  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey guys!

So I managed to resist all the temptations in the office on Saturday, phew! I got Japanese food for lunch, 2 rice balls and miso soup. That kept me full until pizza in the evening. I also met up with a film producer and I've got myself a paid editing job! It's on a trial basis but I'm happy to get paid for editing at last. Hopefully she likes my take on her project and keeps me on.

Yesterday I had a busy day of shopping for boring things at Target + we went to see Spectre. I thought it was so boring! I made a delicious coconut curry stir fry, I'm so happy with how it turned out! This morning I saw a loss on the scale and I'm down from 164 lbs to 163 lbs . Very happy!

Today I took my driving test and I have good news and bad news. The good news is I passed, the bad news is because of my status as an in limbo immigrant waiting for a green card it's 100 times more difficult to actually have the licence issued to me. Basically one of the documents they need to identify my status in the country has expired so I have to go to an office on a Wednesday (but can't this Wednesday because of Veterans day) and ONLY a Wednesday and get an updated version of this document. Hopefully I can walk in and out of that office with this new document, because if 60 days pass since the test then I'd have to take it again!! What a joke, I hate this bureaucratic nonsense.

Regardless I had a celebratory lunch and tonight I want to do an Insanity workout. I'll be honest, I was pretty lazy last week, so I want to get back on it with working out.

---------------------------------------------------

Nanu - I like doing Insanity when it's cold. It's just as intense as running and actually helps my performance.

rainbow - I've literally been at the mercy of someone else's cooking (nice way to put it!) since July 2014. When I was dog sitting a while back I lost 4 lbs in a week with my own cooking. Madness! I do cook when I can, but I see that there is a giant slab of steak in the fridge that the BF's Mum will end up cooking sometime soon...
Where did you end up going with your NZ friend? I hope you had fun! That's sad about your BF's Granddad How is your BF doing?

Tiny - Haha, doughnut for breakfast, how healthy!! I've been really craving a jam filled doughnut (or jelly filled as you guys would say!?) these days... Congrats on your loss!

Mongoose - Hey, maintaining is better than gaining! Something to be proud of. I'm sure when the Halloween candy is gone you'll see a nice drop. Yeah, the Peanuts film didn't really look like it was for kids, I'm sure you're right about it making its money from adults!

HDWD - Sorry your mouth isn't completely better yet!

Penny - Woaaah, why do you want to avoid some people like the plague?! There are stories here. My advice would be first to eat a normal sized portion of food (if it's a buffet then it'd be so easy to pile it up!) then drink alcohol slowly and make sure you drink a glass of water after every glass of alcohol you have. Also, try and make your plate half veggies, a quarter grains and a quarter protein. I'm sure you'll do fine if you pace yourself and make sure you eat first then drink so the alcohol doesn't go straight to your head!

leopard - Woohoo, well done on staying in control!! I hope your weigh in goes well.

Last edited by Riestrella; 11-09-2015 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-09-2015, 03:52 PM   #55  
Forever fighting the fat

S/C/G: 185/171/153

Height: 5ft 9ins

I've got the link to the spreadsheet but unable to type into it on the iPad for some reason, could someone please add me? My starting weight today (9/11/15) is 183.6 can you put my goal as 177 thanks !
X Lexi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:54 PM   #56  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Lexi X View Post
I've got the link to the spreadsheet but unable to type into it on the iPad for some reason, could someone please add me? My starting weight today (9/11/15) is 183.6 can you put my goal as 177 thanks !
I think you might need to download the Google Sheets app to add any information. Then it's a case of tapping on the cell then a bar should appear at the bottom of the page, which you then tap to add text. That's how it looks on my phone, it's not entirely clear admittedly. I'll add you for now.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:16 AM   #57  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Whoops. Looks like everyone is doing better than me :P I had a slight gain last week but I think it would have been a loss if I had been able to weigh on Saturday! Regardless, it wasn't much and I had a pretty inactive week so I kind of expected it. I should have more opportunities to bike and run this week which should help me drop back down!

No time for personals. It's way too early and I have to get an early start on work. Just wanted to pop in. Hope everyone is doing well!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 01:21 PM   #58  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

So...I completely fell off the wagon yesterday.

I had Good Times for lunch (double bacon cheeseburger, fries and Coke).

I had a LOT of peanuts thinking it was going to be my dinner.

But then leftover pizza was put in front of me and I ate 2 slices.

I know, right? What a bad day!! Stepped on the scale this morning expecting a 2 lb gain or worse. NOTHING! No gain whatsoever. Whaaaat?! I was baffled! How do I consume around 2700 calories, not workout and not gain anything? My body confuses me big time. Needless to say, I'm not taking any risks, I'm going to get back on the wagon today and do a workout.

NNS - Doesn't look like it was a good week for most people in all honesty! But that's ok, some weeks will be better than others .

Last edited by Riestrella; 11-10-2015 at 01:22 PM.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:50 PM   #59  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

We're almost heading into the holidays, guys! We can do this!

Riestrella: Yep, there's a story about who I want to avoid. They're just...not very nice, so I try to smile and keep walking. Sadly, I often fail.
Don't you love it when that happens? When the mystery of the daily fluctuations in weight work in your favor? Good choice to not take chances and get right back on the wagon!

NNS: I think we all have good and not as good weeks as far as numbers. Seems normal, if not very fun. Hopefully next week you see the drop you want! (And me too - I hope we both get into the 160s this week!).

Last edited by Penny105; 11-10-2015 at 07:51 PM.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:33 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Tiny Tiger Oh man, buffets/banquets are the hardest. Hope the cheesy pasta wasn't too damaging!

Mongoose I read your post as candy for breakfast haha, that is probably one huge spike to the blood sugar! Hope things are back on track a little! That Peanuts movie seems so oddly timed, and definitely aimed more at nostalgic adults!

HDWD Hope you get some relief from your burning mouth problem soon!

Penny I think I'd be excited about going to a wedding! I feel like I've been to a lot recently and I kind of like to compare, even though I guess you're not meant to! Thanks for the kind words. As for your question, I only joined the book club earlier this year, and haven't made it to every single one, but I do enjoy it! We only have a meeting every 6 - 8 weeks, but it's nice to read some things outside of my usual reading scope, and have some wine, snacks and a good chat.

Nanu Thanks for your comment. I actually read it and reconsidered my decision to cancel my day off, but in the end I did cancel it, and went to work. It's ok though, as tomorrow is Remembrance Day, so I still get a day just to be on my own and rest up a bit - some good me time. I feel you on having guests in town! I had two meals out with my friend who was here and it's tough!

Rie Congrats on the editing job! Boo on the eating day - I kind of had a bit of an eating fail yesterday as well. I ate OK during the day, but the my friend and I went to a Japanese place for dinner and we definitely over-ordered and over-ate. But to be honest, it was kind of worth it. The food was delicious, and I won't be seeing this friend for who knows how long, nor will I be eating like that for a long time either! They had a Japanese version of poutine - it was insane. Boyfriend is doing OK! He's more there to support his Dad, as he's only really seen his granddad a few times in the last 15 or so years, since he lived in the States.

NNS Even posting in here is good - so just keep accountable! I'm sure your gain will only be temporary.

~So the first dinner out with my friend was not so bad (I can't remember if I posted about this already!), we just got some thai and shared the dishes among us, and then I ended up with some leftovers for the following day. The second dinner was a little insane - we went to a Japanese place I'd wanted to go to for ages and she'd also read about, and we over-ordered, and over-ate. Everything looked so good it was hard to choose, but there was chicken kara-age and a Japanese version of poutine, amongst other things, so suffice to say I definitely consumed well above my calorie limit yesterday!

I've kept my calories lower today, and will do so tomorrow to try to compensate, but I have ANOTHER dinner out on Thursday night with my boyfriend and his PhD supervisor and group, and it's a set menu. It all looks fairly healthy, but it's a fairly fancy restaurant, which I always take to assume lots of butter and hidden flavourings. Again, I'm just going to go with the flow a bit, try not to over-eat, and be gracious that I'm getting a free three course meal at a fancy restaurant I would otherwise not be able to afford!

Exercise is taking the backseat at the moment as my body is doing some weird things. I must have had some kind of spasms in my sleep last night as I woke up with legs that felt like I'd climbed 1000 stairs yesterday when in reality all I did aside from work was shop for a couple hours then eat a lot. My neck is also sore, and yes these all sound like excuses, but I'm just gonna keep doing what I'm doing. Posting on here is good because I feel like it's at least keeping me aware!!

I haven't weighed yet, but it's only Tuesday, even though it feels like Friday, so I'll probably have a weight for Saturday this week.

Last edited by rainbowstripe; 11-10-2015 at 10:27 PM.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote