Old 12-13-2015, 11:32 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 135/124/110

Height: 5'1"

Hi guys! Sorry I've been MIA this week but I've been super busy with the move. And it happened! I closed on my house on Friday and did the move yesterday. I love my house! I certainly loved it before but it feels so different when it's finally yours. Especially being there alone for the first time without the realtor really makes it feel like mine. It's going to be a long stretch of living out of boxes because I'm leaving town for Christmas and I really don't want to put lots of pressure on myself to get everything done in a few days. I have time.

Best weigh in I've had this morning! (on my weigh in day, Sunday, which is always higher than, say, Friday). Moving probably helped with that since I'm so busy I forget to eat and I don't really have much food in the house. I'll take it!

I'm not going to have internet at the new house until January 9 (wtf????) so I think I will not be around much for the rest of the challenge but I will be going home next Sunday, which will be my final weight so I can post that. Otherwise I'll see you guys in the next challenge, whatever that one is. Good luck to everyone finishing!!!
Tiny Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 11:51 AM   #137  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

I had two holiday parties yesterday instead of one. They were good, though. And I managed to not eat at the first one we went to (to early for dinner, anyway), and ate supper at the last one. I had two drinks, which I budgeted for, and ate moderately (which I also planned for). They were fun parties, too!

Hope everyone's doing well!

Leopardspots: You're not crazy! (or if you are, I am too...). It totally happens! Luckily, you're right that it's pretty unnoticable by others.
Congrats on hitting your challenge goal! And good luck on your next goal of maintenance through December!
I am feeling better now! Well, mostly... not completely.
I don't think I'll get a new work ID. Not unless they make me. We don't have to use them all the time, anyway.
Well done with the party food!

Rie: I'm glad your bf is feeling a little better. And good work getting to your class even though you have to be pretty busy (and concerned about your bf).
I've made a gingerbread house before, but only the kind that comes in a box and has all the pieces already done and ready to be put together. Those are fun to make, but gross to eat. I've never made one from scratch.
I hope your period symptoms go away soon. My periods are typically pretty mild, but I know some people have pretty miserable ones.

Tiny Tiger: Congrats on finally moving!
Wow, that's a long time without any Internet access. We'll miss you, and good luck with the holidays and the rest of the moving in!
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 11:04 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone! I have been so MIA lately! My apologies...I am still paying lots of attention to my diet however! Long weekend visiting families and trying to get caught up at work as well, so trying to spend less time browsing on the internet! It sounds like everyone is doing a great job keeping up with their goals!
I will try and work on personals later...it is almost bed time 'round here!
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:17 AM   #139  

Good thing I am back here! I put on 3lbs over the weekend! I know it was lack of water and exercise- we were at my BF's grandparents and the only water to drink is bottled water- hard to drink a lot when you can't just go fill up your bottle or glass at the tap. I need to bring plenty of large containers of water next time so I can guzzle without feeling guilty for drinking a million little plastic bottles!
Old 12-14-2015, 12:57 PM   #140  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Week 6 Charts everyone!

Overall Chart:

20-Somethings Chart:

If you still want to join the challenge then please go to the first post for the rules + the link to the spreadsheet! If you were already part of the challenge but your information is gone, it's because you haven't weighed in for more than 2 weeks. If you want back in the challenge, please ask me to re-add you to the spreadsheet.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 08:58 AM   #141  
Hello!

Okay, so two more parties down! I forgot to prepare for all the visits I would be doing this holiday season. I have people coming over to see me, or I go see them very nearly every night (I have a lot of family). It's great to see everyone, but there's food EVERYWHERE. Good food, too.

I've been on plan, but I'm starting to have those dreams again, the ones where I overeat (and sometimes they're dreams of exactly how I would overeat, and have overeaten). They kind of freak me out because I wake up thinking I ate a whole plate of cookies or something. Still, better a dream than something I actually did.

It's going to be kind of a long holiday season, I think... Fun, but very challenging!

How's everyone's month going so far? Can you believe we're halfway through December?
Old 12-15-2015, 10:46 AM   #142  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey guys!

Well, I've been doing miserably I'd say! I'm trying not to get upset, this is a hard time of year to lose weight and I'm not trying to use that as a valid excuse since I should have more willpower. However I feel that my focus has been affected for whatever reason; perhaps it's settling into a work flow in my professional life, taking care of the BF with his feet, Christmas planning and going out - but overall I have to confess that my health as a balance of fitness, nutrition and hydration has sadly not been my priority.

So! I need a plan of action.
Fitness - I'm gonna start kicking this up a notch. While I've highly enjoyed my classes I feel like only 1 class out of a weeks worth has really got my heart rate up and given me a good sweat. I need to book classes that are high intensity/cardio based on a regular basis. I'm planning on working out 6 time a week: 1 yoga day (so kinda like a rest day, really), 1 strength day (barre classes and pilates would count as strength), 2 cardio days (a dance class or a spinning class) and 2 cross days (some sort of cardio/strength interval training).
Nutrition - Portion control and serving size of food groups control. I know I've said it multiple times, but I was astounded at how much weight I lost when focusing on getting the correct serving sizes of each food group. That meant only 5 servings of grains a day, which is not what I've been doing recently. Focusing on getting vegetables and protein in my diet is key too. I have a plan already drawn up, I just need to utilize it.
Hydration - I NEED to drink more water, it's really that simple. How can something so simple get the better of me? I need to drink constantly throughout the day until my bladder can't hold any more.

Right now I'm at 165 lbs, 1 lb up from starting weight for this challenge and 2 lbs up from my lowest weight of the challenge. Looking at the numbers, I shouldn't be too bothered, but I lose weight so slowly that it really does affect me. 1 lb makes it feel like 10 lbs I suppose.

In other news things are fine over here. Boulder and Longmont just got a dump of snow, so I won't be able to make it to my class today. I think I'll do an Insanity to compensate. I just ran around outside in the snow and had some fun! I did a snow angel and the dogs almost trampled me, haha. Christmas shopping is officially DONE, I just need to wrap it. I think we did well this year, the hardest thing is the BF's Dad since he has everything he wants already and just likes being with his family for Christmas.
Work is going well, I've got a lot to do before a meeting on Thursday with the director, but I think I'll have a lot done by then. I've got 2 full days to work on it! STAR WARS is on Friday and I can't wait!! Then next week it's Christmas, whuuut? When did that happen?!

---------------------------------------------

leopard - I find when I don't have candy for a while, it tastes all the more amazing. Congrats on being so good and dropping weight, that's incredible! BF is doing much better, thank you for asking. He's off the heavy pain meds and it's waddling around in his fancy boots!

Tiny - Woohoo, congrats on the move, I bet it feels amazing! I can't wait to get my own place, I've been living with other people for the last 2 years and I miss having my own space/my own rules. Good luck with the rest of the challenge, there'll be a new one in January so keep your eyes peeled when you get your internet back!

Penny - Well done on holding back at the party!! You're doing so well. I've heard the gingerbread house kits are awful, I'm so happy with how mine turned out. It's yummy! Here's a pic!

Jeez, you're so popular, you have so many social events in your calendar! I'm jealous, I've not made any friends here yet and working from home isn't the best social fountain . I thought I might meet some people at classes but everyone is so in the zone here I'm scared to talk to people!

HDWD - I'm sure it's the water retention too, that sucks about not being able to drink the tap water!
Old 12-15-2015, 10:53 AM   #143  

Ri so jealous of your snow!! It is NOT snowing at all here in Wisconsin and it is bumming me out! I am also trying to keep my attitude in check...I was only down another pound from the 4 I was up after last weekend, but I have to remember that while I can somehow put 3-4 on over a weekend, it usually takes me at least 3 days to get it back off. Back at 168 today, which is better than the 169 yesterday, but still chasing that 165, which I saw only very briefly!

Penny You are doing awesome this challenge! Look at all the weight you have lost!!!

So this weekend I turn 30! No idea what to think about this! We are having a big bash, so that is my motivation to do well this week, so I wake up on my birthday and feel confident and healthy and enjoy the party!
Old 12-16-2015, 09:47 AM   #144  
Restart Date: 1/01/2020

S/C/G: 246.2/TICKER/140

Penny - I have major diet fatigue this week too. So many treats, so much chocolate. Part of me can't wait til the holidays are over and all the temptations are put away and things go back to normal. You are doing well though, keep it up!

Rie- Don't be hard on yourself. You've had a lot of stress, lifestyle changes on top of the temptation of the holidays. I think your plan to exercise and kick up your hydration will help. But enjoy the holidays and your family. We will kick butt in January!

HDWD
- Happy birthday! I hope you have a great time at your party. Maybe you will get some snow. Its not been below 45 degrees here in Ohio and its weird. This winter will only be 2 months at this rate!

As for me, I have been bouncing around a bit this week (eating too many treats) but I'm back to my low of 165.6. I leave for my trip tomorrow so I'm gonna do my final weigh ins today. I come back on boxing day, but don't know if I will have time to update (or if I will want to after a week of eating on a cruise ship, lol) I'm pretty thrilled with having exceeded the challenge.

I wish all of you the best going forward and hope all of you have a merry Christmas and a wonderful holiday with your families!
leopardspots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 12:37 PM   #145  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey guys!

As I mentioned in my last post, we got a lot of snow yesterday so I had to cancel my class. I did do an Insanity, I forgot how good of a workout it is! Makes me think that if I run out of ClassPass classes (you have a 3 class limit per studio) I can just compensate by doing Insanity at home. I worked up a good sweat and I actually felt a lot stronger than when I was doing them before. I could keep up for longer, I could do a lot of the push up/plank moves for longer (but not the entire time - planks suck) so I was happy with my performance. Even if my weight isn't ideal, at least I know I'm getting stronger.

Today the roads are pretty crazy still, we live on a street that's a mile from the highway that leads into town and the highway was treacherous this morning so I cancelled my yoga class. I'm still a new driver so I'm not entirely comfortable driving on my own in these conditions yet. I'll do another Insanity today, a stretch one, to make up for it! If the roads are ok by Thursday I think I'll book a class on the day and go.

I was much better with hydration yesterday, though not perfect. Food was better, there's not many healthy snacks around the house though so carb intake was a little high. If I can get out tomorrow then I'll do a food shop. I'm down 0.2 lbs this morning, which I'm happy about! A loss is a loss after all .

I've taken on the MAMMOTH task of cooking Christmas dinner. I'm going to make a brined turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, roast vegetables and gravy. The gravy will be store bought, I know I know it's not as good as homemade but cut me some slack I'm doing everything else home made! I researched the best store bought gravy so I don't end up getting crap. I know in England there's a gravy brand that's actually really good, but apparently US doesn't have something of equal quality!

---------------------------------------

HDWD - Seems like we're both in the same boat dealing with a 3 lb gain! It sucks when it doesn't just drop off you instantly even though you know you've not consumed the calories required for a 3 lb gain. Patience is key, it'll drop off as long as we're good! Ooh, birthday fun times! I think I'll feel weird entering the 30's, but honestly I still consider 30 being young. Sure, we're no teens anymore, but so what? I'd rather be in my 30's than back in my teens! It's not the be-all-end-all age that people make it out to be. "Old" is 60 - when you can get senior discount, hehe! Until then, you're as old as you feel, and honestly I still feel like a kid. I like it that way

leopard - Thanks for the support You pretty much said the same thing I would say to someone else in my situation! HUGE congratulations on your weight loss in this challenge, it's been incredible seeing your progress. Enjoy your cruise, you've earned it so have an awesome time! Merry Christmas!!
Old 12-16-2015, 10:39 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Hey guys,

I've been overwhelmed with work and a little too much socializing for my likes for the last little while, so sorry for being so MIA. I've been checking in though, and reading your posts, so still around, but just hovering!

Hovering is the way of the month it seems, after having a nice little loss I'm just hovering around that same number. I'm committed to weighing in every week, so I'll see how these last two weeks go, but I have to admit I feel like I'm on a bit of a slippery slope of easing up on myself a little TOO much with snacks and festive treats.

I know my vacation with family is going to be difficult as well, but with just over a week to Christmas, I'm just going to do the best I can to get through what's left of work and look after myself.

Well done to everyone who is already at goal - looks like there are a few! And to everyone else, we're all in the same boat and we just have to keep on keeping on!

Sorry for the lack of personals
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 01:03 AM   #147  
Hello!

Whew! Okay, my wifi was basically out for the last three days. I didn't notice because I was working so much, and I guess I got brief windows where it was on (because I posted here). Then it totally died yesterday and today. Got if fixed, though! No wifi at home sucks.

Rie: Eating 'right' this time of year is a battle. I've basically given up. I eat whatever is out basically (though I will often add veggies to it), but still within calories. Less stress for me, but also a thinner line to walk.
Yeah, the gingerbread kits ARE awful - no one eats them. Usually they're only a craft or used for decoration. Your gingerbread house looks AMAZING! And delicious!
Good luck with your Xmas dinner mission! You'll do great (and it sounds very tasty)!
Even if you're not losing, you're maintaining within a couple pounds, which is good (and a skill that will be needed in maintenance). It's frustrating to have to take off those couple pounds again, but come off they will. Hang in there!

HDWD: Thanks! Yeah, it's not too bad! I'll take a quicker decline now, because I'm betting it's gonna slow down at lower weights.
Happy Birthday! I hope you have an amazing birthday bash!

Leopard: Yeah, balancing the treats is tricky. I give myself a set number of calories for treats in the evening. It's working so far. I get to try things but don't overdo it.
Have an awesome trip! And have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Rainbow: Hi! I'm sorry work and things are overwhelming. Hopefully you're still having a good time at some holiday events.
Old 12-17-2015, 12:03 PM   #148  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey guys!

Not much to update you all on, down another 0.2 lbs today which is nice to see. I'm at 165 lbs on the dot at the moment so I think by the end of the week I'll be back at 164 lbs. Maintaining during the Christmas season is better than gaining, I'm just a very impatient person and if I don't lose during these challenges I'm quite disappointed in myself. However I have to face the cold hard facts that while I've been excellent with workouts I need to focus on my nutrition.

It's funny because looking back at my life I think I've always had a "fat" mindset. I used to eat clumps of sugar when my parents weren't looking, just friggin' getting that spoon in the sugar jar and eating it! I used to eat soup with 4 slices of white bread as a kid after school, back before my body image wasn't an issue. I feel like food and indulging has been apart of my life since I was a kid, it's quite astonishing when I think about it deeply. I don't think I'm a binge eater, but I've definitely always had that "eat until your stuffed" mindset and also the "must eat immediately if my belly rumbles" mentality. It's a hard personality trait to change, but I need to if I want to lose weight.

STAR WARS TOMORROW!

-------------------

rainbow - I think you've done fantastically during this challenge! Maintaining is still a success, something I have to remind myself of, but it really is true! We could have completely gorged on treats and gained 10 lbs but we didn't . Have a lovely vacation with your family!

Penny - Glad you got your wifi fixed!! What would I do without you?! You're correct, it's hard to eat healthy when the whole season is pretty much all about indulging. As it should be I suppose, it's Christmas! I will do my best to keep on exercising, which is no doubt the one thing that's keeping my weight in this 163-165 lbs range.
Old 12-19-2015, 12:23 AM   #149  
Hello!

My body is hanging tight to the 160s. Hopefully I can be solidly in the 150s by the new year.

Got another party tomorrow, which is pretty much an all-day thing. Starts in the morning and ends in the evening. I don't really like parties that long, but I always get roped into helping throw this one. Meh. Should be pretty fun, for the most part, though.

Unfortunately, I'm getting craving-y as of today. So it'll be a few days before those pass, probably. Gotta be careful with that around what's going to be a TON of delicious food and drink and leftovers for days after.

Rie: I'm so glad my wifi is back! No Internet is NOT fun, and it was weird not checking in here with you guys. It definitely helps to come 'talk' here! It's good support, these challenges are so helpful, and I miss you guys!
I get frustrated sometimes when I don't lose 'enough' with these challenges, too. But this weight loss/maintenance thing is supposed to last decades, and that means periods of maintenance and periods of loss, indulging and being healthy, and all of it. It has to work with the whole of our lives, not just parts. That's the tricky part to nail down.
I think that you working hard to keep up your workout routine is awesome during this time of year. I basically wrap gifts and call it exercise right now.
I've always had that mindset, too. I don't necessarily binge either, but I've always overeaten. I'm hoping that watching what I eat become just as much of an automatic mindset and action.

Last edited by Penny105; 12-19-2015 at 12:25 AM.
Old 12-19-2015, 02:34 PM   #150  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hello!

Star Wars was so much fun! I had a great time watching it. Very happy to see the reboot is an ADVENTURE film and not about politics which is what the prequels were essentially. Unfortunately I was TERRIBLE with food yesterday. Like, holy wow what was all that about, terrible. Started the day off well enough with banana and greek yogurt, then moved onto to popcorn, Dots and M&M's before finishing the day stuffing myself with Chinese takeaway. Woah boy. Needless to say, I KNOW that yesterday was an awful day.

Today I weighed in at 165.8 lbs, however that was after eating breakfast, drinking water and exercising - so it could have been a lot lower. I did an intense Athletic Conditioning class, which really got me working out. It was a lot of variety, very fun but hard! My legs are super sore which is what I like. Gonna do my best to be good for the rest of the day

I've drawn up my chart for my fitness routine to really step it up from Monday. Day 1 is yoga, day 2 is cardio, day 3 is cross, day 4 is strength, day 5 is cardio and day 6 is cross. I get 1 rest day and technically yoga is a rest day too since it's stretching. I like to do the slow yoga after all! A boxing gym has been added to ClassPass in my area too so that'll add another option! I think I might start to run out of classes by the end of the month, in which case I'll have to get creative with home workouts.

Today I've got to work, then tomorrow and Monday I have off to help make a million cookies with the BF's sister since we've got a Christmas party on Wednesday. Then Tuesday is the meeting with the director, then Wednesday 23rd - Monday 28th I'm gonna take off since that's what the BF's holiday looks like. Lots of editing to do for Tuesday though, I'll probably work a little on my weekend to make sure I'm ready.

------------------------------

Penny - You can do it! I bet the 150's will feel amazing. Good luck with those cravings, that's a big challenge to feel cravings and then be put in front of so much food! You're right, it is a lifestyle change and this time of year is always going to be the biggest struggle. In 2013 I got down to 155 lbs and over the Christmas break I essentially gave myself a free pass and gained 6 lbs in 3 weeks. So, staying the same weight with just a 1 lb gain is a big achievement for me really. I find it hard to believe you can be down on yourself during this challenge, you are owning it! You're in second place overall, that's amazing! I think with enough practice that you can make anything a habit. I used to dislike green tea, but now I make it a morning ritual and I drink a big mug every day. I feel weird not starting the day without my green tea! I hope making healthy choices will become second nature to me too, I definitely have this "work hard, play hard" but perhaps replace "play" with "eat"! It might have worked for me 3 years ago but it's certainly not helping now.