Old 11-02-2015, 09:36 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 124

Height: 5.5

Smile Day 1- Start

So happy to find this thread! Its nice to see that there are some people in their twenties looking to lose weight. Its so hard to relate to the people who are in their forties, or people who have had three kids and are looking to lose the baby weight. Im trying to lose my freshman 15, that I have unfortunately kept on even though im almost done school.

Im not sure if im getting it wrong, but this is a challenge? Im looking for a place where I can post my daily meals and workouts, adn well as my successes and hard times during this journey. Im going to just be writing about my own thing. If I can't do that here, please let me know where I can, haha!

Today I started my plan. I did not weight myself, because the numbers make me upset. However, i know that im usually around 124-126lbs. My problem isnt weight, its the EXTREME lack of muscle. My butt jiggles when I brush my teeth (eew, right?) and my jeans are getting so tight. My starting measurements are:

Butt: 39.5 inches
Thighs: 22.5 inches
Tummy: 34 inches
Arms: 10.5 inches

Those are my focus areas. I dont really care about my bust or calves or anything like that. Im focused more on the hourglass.

So now that i went through my goals, heres how my day has been so far!
I got a great night's sleep last night. For breakfast I had high protein oatmeal with blueberries and raspberries. I think there was sugar in it, it was kindof sweet. I'll have to check the box!

Oh! Also, I'm still in university, so I dont have a lot of time to workout, and I often eat on-the-go. I am going to stop that! I am going to prep my lunches in advance, and make sure that they are so delicious that I cant resist.

My workouts will consist of Winsor Pilates videos, and the Turbo Jam DVDs.
How is everyone doing so far?
NinaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:25 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone! I can't believe it is already time for the Christmas challenge, I swear yesterday it was summer...
I overate last night and paid for it on the scale this morning. But, a car drove down our street, shot off some gunshots and then sped away...VERY UNUSUAL for our neighborhood, and the cops were there for awhile and I was stress/fear/whateveremotion eating raw mixed nuts and light popcorn. So at least it wasn't like...ice cream but I forgive myself. Chugging the water and back on track this morning. Walked past the basket of leftover Halloween candy in the break room, even though there were Butterfingers...for me it is resisting "just one" mini candy, handful of popcorn, etc. because once I eat something that is unplanned or extra or I don't log it or know it is bad, I can't stop.

NinaB Welcome to 3FC and congrats on taking the first step to weightloss while you are still young and it is easier! This is a thread where people who are participating in a weightloss challenge post. There are some other threads in the "Diets" section where people post a log- spend a couple days poking around and you will figure out what works best for you! Most of us post in many different threads.
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:50 AM   #18  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

Went for another walk today. It's so pretty at this time of year! It makes me WANT to go for walks. I'd do the same thing even if it was snowing out if they strung up Xmas lights all over the place. (Sadly, they do not...).

This year my plan for the holidays is to try not going off plan at all. If I want pie, fine, but I account for it. Cheesey potatoes? Can do, but it goes in the plan. I've done this before, and I do much better this way.

Mongoose: I'm excited for the challenge and Xmas, too!
I'm with you on not liking the holiday disruption of weight. Good luck with your plan! You can do it!

NinaB: You can post pretty much whatever you want in this challenge. But if you want a thread dedicated to that stuff (this one is not), one example is this thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...e-welcome.html
People post their daily weights, their daily meals, exercise, etc. here. I post on it myself.
I use the daily thread to help stay accountable with food and stuff, and then this challenge thread for support losing a certain amount of weight in a certain amount of time. But that's just how I do it. You can do whatever you like.

HDWD: I'm glad everyone's okay! Sadly, that kind of thing is not so unusual where I live. Or worse... It can be upsetting, and I'm glad you're all right.
I have that problem with munching, too, so I just don't do it (unless it's on raw veggies or something). I can't stop, so starting is a bad idea for me.

Last edited by Penny105; 11-02-2015 at 10:51 AM.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 03:31 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 165/133/125

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone! Gonna try again with this challenge. I'm definitely feeling the pressure now with only two months left this year and I REALLY want to be in the 130s so I don't feel like I'm losing the same weight in the new year. Still struggling a bit of sticking with my meal plan and emotional eating but I bought some new food and I'm hoping to utilize different methods to beat stress. It's tough being in NY right now with winter coming which makes me reeeally not want to workout but I have a few inside places where I can work out (been loving a local trampoline place). I don't go to a lot of holiday parties or have a tempting work environment at least so I just have to worry about the week of Christmas for the most part.

Good luck to everyone! We can do it

Last edited by Zucena; 11-02-2015 at 03:31 PM.
Zucena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 03:57 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 135/124/110

Height: 5'1"

Hi all! I am back to 3FC after being gone for over 2 years. This challenge seems perfect to get back in the game! Getting back on track today after a naughty Halloween weekend. Looking forward to Christmas, I'll be going home for the first time in almost 6 months, and for a full week! I'm also planning a trip the the Bahamas in February, so Christmas will be a good halfway point to aim for between now and then. Hoping to shed 10 pounds during this challenge.
Tiny Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 05:54 PM   #21  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Whew! You guys have been chatting away!! It's so great to see!

Week 1 is a-go!! Good luck to everyone and I hope you see the results you want to. Work hard, stay focused and you'll reach your goal!

So yesterday I did a crazy combination of a kickboxing lesson with the BF and a Strength workout. It was an experiment, but I didn't like it too much since I couldn't truly get into one or the other. Plus I felt sorry for the BF having to wait for me to do weights in between kickboxing rounds! I did get a great workout though.
That night the BF's sister and her boyfriend came around and we all had amazing BBQ food. I stupidly fasted for the meal, but this is always a bad idea. I eat WAY more than I should versus if I would just eat normally and eat a little "cheat" food. The scale was not happy with me this morning, but I hope after eating normally today it'll go back down!

I had an interview for a job this morning, it was a part time receptionist job at a small law firm (only 3 people work there + 1 adorable black lab!) and they were super friendly. I really hope I get the job! I really need the money, my personal funds are running low and I'd like to be able to treat myself again and not feel guilty!
I'm currently sat with cling film around my head since I'm dyeing my hair with henna. It's so messy but I needed the touch up! Just another 2.5 hours to go...

I just finished the crazy task of putting up the Haunting for Halloween challenge results! Phew, that took a while. Check them out and for those who won, enjoy your badges!

--------------------

Penny - (from the HFH thread) ooh, what are your big plans for this challenge?! Huge congrats on freakin' winning the 20-something award!! What are some of your favourite books? I'm always looking for new recommendations! I'm sorry you're feeling overweight, I know how much it sucks. I Skype with my parents once a month, so we'll arrange one for Christmas day for sure! It does sound fancy...I'm quite looking forward to it! Oh, I totally agree, this time of the year is awesome for walking. Love crunching all the leaves.

leopardspots - Congrats on your award!! So great to see it in your signature! Ooh, I've never heard of a Christmas cruise! I always imagine everything shutting down for Christmas, cruises included. I'm worried about my Mum...she's pretty sensitive underneath her hard exterior! I think she's going to be a bit emotional, which is why I don't want to miss another Christmas there after this year.

Mongoose - Mmm, Christmas baking. That's so nice of you to share your treats!

NinaB - Welcome, welcome! Ahh, the Freshman 15...I had a Uni 40 haha! Glad to see you tackle it sooner rather than later! I'm sure you can do it. Yes, this is a challenge, you post up your weights in the spreadsheet and use the thread to chat to others. You're free to post your daily log if that helps you, but I like to encourage people talking to each other rather than stating their weights. You'll meet some awesome people this way and get great support! Preparing meals in advance is the key! Good luck with that. There's a measurements section on the spreadsheet if you want to input your measurements there

HDWD - Woah, that's so scary about the gunshots!! Hopefully it was just some pranksters being a-holes and it won't happen again. Good on you for resisting temptation, that's a huge accomplishment! Definitely just forgive, forget and move on when you have a bad moment .

Zucena - You. Can. DO THIS!! If your meal plan just isn't doing it for ya, then switch it up! If I don't want to eat something then I find it damaging to my weight loss.

Tiny Tiger - Welcome back, I remember you! You can do it
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:00 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Holy wow it's busy in here - I forgot about the chat thread for the new challenge so I was hanging out in the Halloween one wondering where everyone had gone haha.

I'm going to try to catch up with personals next time around - there's so much to read I don't know that I can do it.

I've been sick the past couple of days, some kind of stomach thing, so that kind of sucks - but hopefully I'll be feeling ok a little later this evening and back to work tomorrow. Gonna take it easy this week though, I always find I feel so weak after throwing up/diarrhea type things (sorry TMI!).

I'm definitely on countdown now as my parents and sister are coming up here to visit for Christmas. Since Canada and New Zealand are really not close, it's kind of a big deal. They'll arrive a couple of days before Christmas, and right after New Year we're going down to LA to Disneyland, which I'm super excited about. So I want to stay super on track and get some work in before the inevitable Christmas/Vacation extravaganza.

I'm going to have a few challenges during this challenge, but I am prepared!!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 02:46 AM   #23  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

We're officially in the Xmas challenge! Yay! I love this time of year! ...mostly.

Zucena: I'm with you on hating to work out when it's cold. It's good that you have a plan to deal with it, though!

Tiny Tiger: Welcome back to the site!
That trip to the Bahamas sounds awesome, btw!

Riestrella: Well, they're my big 'ideal' plans. As in, I'm being optimistic.
Thanks! I was so excited that I won the 20-somethings section! See my signature? The badges are so cute!
My favorite books? That's a tough one. I'll have to think it over...so many.
Yeah, I agree that fasting for a special meal is often not a good idea. I overeat when I do that, too. If you do want to fast for it, maybe fast a little afterward instead of before? Then you're not ravenous around delicious BBQ.
Good luck with getting the job! I've got my fingers crossed for you!

Rainbow: I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I hope you get better soon!

Last edited by Penny105; 11-03-2015 at 02:48 AM.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:55 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Good morning everyone! Today, it is not Monday and that is something I am thankful for! Today I have set a goal of leaving work and feeling like I was productive... we will see how that goes!

Today I got on the scale and saw a 169.8!! But then, as I often do when I hit a new low, got on a couple more times and it was more like 170.2 so that 169 was a fluke but it gives me some motivation that it is within reach!

Ri That's fun that you have a workout buddy in your bf!

Welcome back TinyTiger! I have only been here since July but have found it really useful

Penny I go back and forth on how much I enjoy the actual holidays but I AM excited for SNOW!!
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:01 AM   #25  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Hey ladies! Whoa this thread is active! I've had a good start to my week so far. I didn't get to ride my bike to work yesterday so I went on a run for the first time IN A MONTH. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be but it wasn't great either. I think I am re-developing exercise induced asthma so that's a bit frustrating, but otherwise the run was great and I've really missed it. I'm going to aim to not take the bike home at least once a week so that I can run after work. The only thing that really sucks is the time change. I will only have a few weeks of some light for my evening runs. I may feel comfortable running in the dark at a local park but only time will tell. I've thought of going on a jog in the middle of the day at work but I dunno. I wish my apartment complex had a treadmill!

Ries - That sucks that you won't be with family either, but I'm glad you have your bf's family at least (though I am sure you wouldn't mind a break from them since you live with them? lol) I think fasting is really hard when you don't do it frequently enough for your body to adjust to it. I've done it so long that when I fast all day I honestly can't eat much for dinner, but when I first started I would eat everything in sight after fasting all day! Maybe it is time to come up with an alternative method for dealing with those kinds of dinners? Ahh great news about the interview! Keep us posted!

Tiny Tiger - Welcome back! I see you're also in Denver. We have quite a Front Range presence in the 20-somethings forum

rainbowstripe - Oh no! Stomach things are the worst. I hope you're feeling better!

HDWD - That's so exciting! I am so close to the same number, I just can't wait. Thanks for the inspiration!

Last edited by nonameslob; 11-03-2015 at 09:03 AM.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:01 AM   #26  
Restart Date: 1/01/2020

S/C/G: 246.2/TICKER/140

Rainbow - I hope you bounce back quick! That does sound like a lovely visit from your mom and sisters. I can't imagine the flight!

Riestella - I hope you get the job! Be sure to let us know! Thanks so much for putting together the challenges. It definitely helped me stay on track. I'm very pleased with how well I did.

HDWD - I hope they found the guy that was firing shots! That's so scary. I was in a drive-bye once, and the cops caught him. It was in the middle of the day and in suburbia. He was drunk and aiming at my mother at random. He later died in jail so he saved us having to take time off for a court case. There is still a bullet hole in our foundation. It was very bizarre because everyone teased us about moving the the States from Canada and went on and on about the gun violence and boom, we were a statistic. Very bizarre that people do that.

Mongoose - I love baking too. I made fancy halloween cup cakes and sent every last one of them to work with my husband for his team. I didn't touch them. I just wanted to bake something pretty!

Penny - The cruise will be decorated for Xmas. Apparently there are trees and lights and everything. I'm still putting up my Xmas tree though. My MIL and I are pumped that there will be no Xmas cooking or cleaning!

Nina - I have the opposite problem. I always lose weight when in school, but gain when I'm working full-time! I hope I can break that cycle when I start my next rotation. Do you use the gym at school at all?

As for me, just hanging in there. I had a lovely Halloween. I ate one Reese cup and thoroughly enjoyed it and was still down .4 the next day. I chucked the rest of the candy at the trick-or-treaters. My Labrador puppy also had a great time. She was a dinosaur for Halloween. She definitely overindulged in treats and attention!

I have my first Thanksgiving with my parents this weekend. Not planning on deviating from plan or drinking. Not really looking forward to it, I'm already dreading the extra food (that I don't even care for) being shoveled at me.

Last edited by leopardspots; 11-03-2015 at 09:02 AM.
leopardspots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:30 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 189/177/155

Height: 5'3"

Just joining this challenge! I'm a day late but I'm still in! I'm hoping I can lose the weight I've on since getting married August 1st. I've gained 13 since then and now it needs to go! I plan on continuing to do Zumba (im an instructor), adding some weight lifting ( nothing heavy, just arm weights) and hopefully stopping the nighttime eating! I'm also starting nutrisystem to help me get back to eating normal portions. I'll check back in later with my exercise for the day and if I did well with eating!
zumbalover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 10:06 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I'm going to try very hard to stick with this all the way through. I normally do not do well with challenges but I'm starting to think that if do something different, I will have more success.

I have been weight conscious for years so I don't usually eat much different around the holidays than I do all year. The only exceptions are on Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas dinner. I rarely show a gain, but this year I would be so happy to show a loss.

Let's get going!!!!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 04:25 PM   #29  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Hey guys!

Whew...I'm having one of those down days where I don't want to do anything or see anyone! Definitely not my worse, this one could be the fact that the period monster is arriving next week, so I think it's more hormones than anything. The BF offered to get me my favourite fast food takeout tonight and I said no, so I'm proud of that. We are still gonna get takeout, he really wants Thai food so I'm gonna get tofu fried rice in a hot sauce. It sounds lame but it's something to look forward to and it's helping my mood.

For those of you who are having trouble with your badges, perhaps try right clicking the image in the results post, selecting "copy image url" then adding the code around the pasted link. A few people were having trouble, my only theory is that photobucket wants the pictures to link to their website and they don't host the picture as it is on its own. It's pretty stupid, I'll have to look into a different method for hosting the pictures since I don't want to be a walking advertisement for photobucket! But I'm glad to see that most of you have figured it out and are using the badges, seriously, thank you! It took some time to get them made so it's awesome to see them up.

-------------------------------

rainbow - Oh no, I hope you feel better soon! No wonder you feel weak, you're probably very much dehydrated! Keep drinking loads of water, I know it seems worthless when it just comes out anyway, but it's key to stay hydrated while you're recovering. Oh wow, that's so amazing that your family is flying out to see you! It definitely is a huge deal, it would be like my parents visiting me in America. Sounds like you'll have an awesome time, what a lovely thing to look forward to!

Penny - Woohoo, I'm so happy to see your badge! You earned it, congrats on winning the 20-somethings badge!! My plan for big meals should be what I initially planned out for myself - eating fruit/veg throughout the day to keep me full and then making sure my portion is normal and eating slowly. Instead I had oatmeal, did an intense workout, then had nothing until BBQ time. At that point I piled the food up and ate it like a monster! Not good. I wonder how many times I'll have to learn the hard way?!

HDWD - Oooh, you're so close! You can do it! It's definitely in reach, just keep going. Well, I have a workout buddy in my BF for very specific things! I wish he liked running or doing an Insanity workout with me, that would be awesome!

NNS - Asthma is not good! Do you think perhaps it was the cold that made it worse? I know it's always a different "feel" to breathing when running in the cold vs. the heat. Personally I would avoid running in parks...I'm definitely a cautious person and there are too many hiding places for attackers. Unless you had some running buddies. I used to run at night in Japan, always by the side of the road where there was plenty of light, there's definitely a different feel to night running but I really do prefer the morning. You could always wake up super early or fit it in on the weekends if you didn't like running at night? Haha, I think the BF and I are really ready to move out now!! We're not sick of his parents, they're nice people and they support us with food and are allowing us to save, but we just want our own place again in a more populated area. We definitely feel like we're in limbo right now, but I'm sure Christmas here will be nice. Apparently they go crazy with gifts for Christmas, I doubt I'll get loads but I know the BF will be giddy to get loads of presents!! You're right, fasting isn't for newbies like me, like I was saying to Penny I need to eat healthy food throughout the day and pace myself with treat meals. The hungrier I am the more I'll eat!

leopard - You did awesome!! You're welcome, if it helps at least one person then I'm happy to do it. Aww, do you have any pics of your dino pup?! Sounds adorable! I like to think you literally threw your candy in the faces of trick or treaters haha!! Learn to say "no thank you" and take the abuse that inevitably comes with it!! My Mum is a feeder, I have had so much crap from her about my food habits. She'll give me HUGE portions and I had to eat half of it and she'd get all annoyed at me if I didn't finish it all. Learning to stand my ground was tough, but eventually she gave up!

zumbalover - Welcome!! Good luck with the challenge! Wow, you're a Zumba instructor?! How fun! You must be really in shape, Zumba is so crazy!

Wannabehealthy - Welcome! What's your food/eating plan?
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:33 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 135/124/110

Height: 5'1"

Riestrella- Yay you remember me! Good luck on the job interview, when do you hear? And where are you in CO? I'm in Denver.

Rainbow- Yikes sorry you've been so sick. The last time I had a stomach bug I got so constipated afterward that I wasn't really hungry for a week so it made dieting a lot easier... sorry TMI!

Havedog- Ooh I hate it when the scale teases you like that! Just letting you know what's around the corner I guess.

Noname- Ha how cool! Are you from Denver or elsewhere?

Leopard- Sounds like you held strong during Halloween, I'm impressed! I'm sure you will do just as well for tgiving!

Wannabehealthy- I'm the same, I kinda poop out during challenges. But I definitely need to be doing something differently, I need a kick in the pants. We can do it!

Having a good day here. The scale was nice to me, down 3 pounds today (so definitely a lot of water/candy/booze weight from the weekend). Stuck to healthy foods (mostly... there was some chocolate at work that I may have consumed ), got to the gym, and now feeling strong and not too hungry. Hope y'all are doing well!
Tiny Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote