3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   August Exercise Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/30303-august-exercise-thread.html)

tonic 08-07-2003 12:54 PM

August Exercise Thread

Just thought I would start up the exercise log thread for this month. Lets get moving ladies!!

bella sacha 08-07-2003 01:39 PM

Good thread Tonic!

I've just finished my 40 min. workout and I am sweating like a pig!! I love the feeling after exercising. I'm proud of myself and I feel all energized!

Any other ladies shaking their bums today?
:)

Sacha
:strong:

looosingit 08-07-2003 03:40 PM

Hey thanks for starting the exercise thread Tonic! How's the running training going? I'm having a hard time with it myself...

Not going to the gym tonight...was supposed to have last night off, but worked out with a friend who was just joining the gym and wanted somebody to go with her the first time. So I swapped exercise nights. Will go for a walk tonight, though.

I agree with you Sacha - I love how it feels after you exercise! That is the only thing that keeps me working out.

Shake it up ladies!

Kris
261-188-155

ctagmire 08-07-2003 04:20 PM

I decided not to exercise today because I feel like I am bulking up. does anyone ever notice that their weight goes up when they exercise more?

I need to find a good plan, any suggestions for good exercises?

carolyn
http://www.geocities.com/carolyntagmire

tonic 08-07-2003 04:47 PM

Kris - So I havent made much progress on the training. I'm gonna start again on Friday. I have been running/walking the treadmill most of summer, and last week I ran 2 miles without stopping.. I just need to work on speed... I can run a long time I just cant do it very fast :)

Sacha - Awesome job on the workout.. I'll be shaking my bum tomorrow for sure! I need a nap right now :)

Carolyn - Hiya! I have a few suggestions for you.. first I would not focus too much on the scale. You have to gain muscle in order to increase your metabolism and lose weight. So your weight will go up in the begining.. since muscle weighs more then fat, but you should see a change in your measurements. Also, be patient!
Secondly, as far as an exercise plan I would suggest 30 minutes of some sorta aerobics and then lift weights. You shouldnt lift weights as often.. or you can also rotate muscle groups. As for how much to lift.. thats up to you. Don't believe the myth that if you lift a lot you will be bulky. Its not really true.. its really your body chemistry that determines that. I am a big fan of weight lifting because it really does increase your metabolism and really shapes your body.

Let me know what you end up doing.. and congrats so far on the weight loss!!

ctagmire 08-07-2003 05:15 PM

wow I just replied to you before tonic, but thanks for the help. I will do just what you have suggested. I have been lifting weights I just need a trainer or something. Maybe I will keep up with the firm tape i got. do you think 4 times a week is too little??

as for aerobics I also do that everyday and I think it might be too much. what do you think?

bella sacha 08-08-2003 01:11 PM

Hope everybody is having a nice friday!

Today, since it is not humid at all outside, I went power walking with Mister Chico my lil darlin. My dog loves to take long walks so he was quite excited! We walked for 30 minutes.

Keep on moving!

Sacha
:D

Reesa23 08-08-2003 05:15 PM

What is everyones exercize plan? I'm not sure where I should begin. I like exercize videos and I have the lisa sandstone walk away the pounds set. I have a pedometer. I have a small weight tree that has 5 pound weights, 3 pound weights, and 2 pound weights. I have a jump rope, I have a pilates mat, and an exercize ball. You think with all this stuff I could come up with a good plan. I'm 260 pounds right now and just starting to exercize. Any ideas?

bella sacha 08-11-2003 09:55 PM

Hmmmm...No exercise uh? We might be too busy reading the wonderful posts....Do you think I can hook up my computer to my treadmill????

Hilarious Sacha
:lol:

ctagmire 08-11-2003 10:04 PM

I don't know if you can do that, but someone does some kind of stepping while they are on the computer and that might count towards something! :0

bella sacha 08-11-2003 10:06 PM

Hmmmm...I should call that person...*giggle* Thanks Carolyn!

SaChA

tonic 08-13-2003 10:44 AM

Got in my 45 minutes of cardio yesterday!

bella sacha 08-13-2003 11:40 AM

Excellent Tonic!!!! Can you do another 45 minutes for me??? :)

Sacha

tonic 08-13-2003 12:13 PM

Sacha - hehe.. well I was hoping to go tonight but I think I might pass out if I did 1 hour and 30 minutes. Would you really want to be responsible for the scars caused by my face hitting the "tread" of the treadmill. ;)

bella sacha 08-13-2003 01:49 PM

TONIC!!!! Don't get hurt because of me!!!!!! OK OK OK! I'll do my own training! Shheessshhhhhh...;)

I see that your goal is to find a wedding date...Do you want to get married next summer?

Sacha