Old 01-28-2015, 04:12 PM   #121  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

kisskiss ~ Aw thank you! I actually do as well, but for whatever (psychological) reason, I tend to only 'count' my Monday weigh-ins overall. It's frustrating, because I KNOW with Superbowl coming up, I'll probably give myself a free pass, but that's a Sunday...hahaha! But you know what? Daily weigh-ins, like you said, worked for you and that's all that matters. I also saw your goal post, and man are you an inspiration! Great job!! Glad the bf said he'd come along, because I was planning to go alone...but then after trekking up the top of the crater (it's a relatively short hike though, but I'm out of shape ), I realized how grateful I was to have him along. It sounds similar to how you are.

Rie ~ It's great you had such a revelation! I too feel that way at times when I see people even as young as my mom's age having difficulties walking around or doing things.

Claygirl ~ At least your husband's willing to go and talk to the boss! It's definitely a step in the right direction. I can imagine how frustrating it is when such a big step in your lives ride on a decision like this one. Hope everything works out!

noname ~ Glad you got yourself to go back to the gym and at your own pace! It takes some time, but you'll definitely be back where you were in no time. I'm so sorry to hear about your granddad's passing. Interestingly enough, my own grandpa's passing (in 2009) is what caused me to gain an additional 10-15 pounds, bringing me to my highest weight, so I can only understand how emotional everything is. I hope you're able to gather up the strength to call on your grandmom! I'm sure she'll appreciate the support.

~~

Oh my goodness. So as part of my studies, I have to do observation/volunteer work at a nearby elementary school. Some of these kids? Quite the handful. At least time passes by quickly though. Unfortunately for me, TOM has arrived and I'm seeing some weight gain. Since weigh-ins are Mondays here, at least there will be some time to hopefully get that woosh in! Gym time will call with the bf later tonight. Glad I got him to set a weight loss goal too. It's not that he's super overweight or anything, but because he constantly complains to ME about his 'flab,' I told him that he should do something about it rather than complain!

We have a local annual convention called Kawaii Kon coming up in March. Coincidentally, the end of this (Rie's) challenge is the weekend of the convention, so I renamed this challenge "Kawaii for Kawaii Kon" hahaha!
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:17 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 154/149/130

Height: 5'4"

Atarimae LOL that's so cute! I hope you are kawaii in time! Are you dressing up?

Claygirl I hope everything gets sorted out for you and your husband! It seems like he is just a bit overwhelmed right now, I'm sure once he calms down he will make the right decisions on your future. I also hope everything in your personal life turns around for the better soon! You two will make it through this!!

---

I went to the gym today with my boyfriend. He works there, and knows a lot about fitness, so I asked him to make me a work out plan. I need variety so that I don't get bored easily haha, so we basically did one set of each exercise, working every damn muscle. I'll be doing this 2 times a week now in addition to zumba, and I will be increasing the sets and weights as I go. I'm glad tonight was a success, because I have had some very bad times with my boyfriend at the gym, where I felt like he was being too harsh on me and I would break down. But nope, I stayed positive and he stayed informative and it totally worked! (Except a quick work out turned into a 2 hour one)

EDIT: I also weighed myself today: 176.6. That's a 1.1lb increase, but considering I'm on my TOM, I really am satisfied that it's only that much higher, still lower than my start weight

Last edited by spiritualflow; 01-29-2015 at 12:18 AM.
spiritualflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:41 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 192/163/138

Height: 5"8

I'm in and I am going to see this challenge through to the end!!!...unlike the last couple I tried
GobabyGoGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 02:14 AM   #124  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Atarimarie- What would you say has been a positive experience in your field assignment? Are you becoming a teacher?

SpiritualFlow- It's great you have a supportive boyfriend. My husband is very supportive, just wish I could talk him into the gym.

GobabyGoGo- Welcome to the thread. We are around same weight and same height. I've set my weight goal as 163. I'd like to think I could enter the 150s, but it may not be in the cards for me.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 11:16 AM   #125  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

I'm up a pound. I've been decent on my dance practice, slacking on my cross training, and definitely not paying attention to my food. I'm hoping to mitigate it a little bit by Sunday, but man. That negative number is painful to look at.

I wish my desire to look good/feel good for St. Pat's would outweigh (heh) my desire to be lazy and eat all the food.
atmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:20 PM   #126  

Height: 5'3"

spiritualflow, I hear you about the TOM. I'm thisclose to starting mine. I keep getting cramps, almost like they're threats: "Right when you weigh in for the week, I'll STRIKE!"
Dollfaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 02:25 PM   #127  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone!!

So my medical was on Wednesday and everything went fine. I got a good 2.5 mile walk to and from the doctors too because I wanted to save some money and not get the tube. I had to power walk back to the station after my appointment, so it felt like a mini workout! The medical was 1 hour, I had an X-ray, an all over body check, then a nurse went over my vaccination records. I was a bit nervous for the "genital check" having read people having to spread their legs, but she literally just lifted my knickers and checked if I was a girl! The next step is waiting for the results (had blood work done too) to be sent to the embassy, then they schedule an interview. I'm getting SO close, it's unreal.

It was quite funny, in the waiting room I could hear this young lad getting vaccinations done, he was SCREAMING at the top of his lungs!! I thought "dear lord, someone give that kid a whack over the head!" My Mum never allowed us to be too whiney/sulky/screamy and we turned out fine .

I've been having quite a bad week workout/eating wise (after that speech on Tuesday about wanting to be healthy!). I've had some pretty bad period pains and just not eating the right foods. I've not been over eating, but what I have eaten isn't super healthy. I tend to take a while to get warmed up in these challenges, so I intend to be on the ball soon.

Also, I got myself a temp job! I'm so happy, I signed up to a new recruitment agency, I was completely honest with my move to America and I have work already. I start on Tuesday. It's at a health centre doing admin work, at the moment it's 3 days a week but it could increase and if I heard her correctly on the voice mail it's a pretty decent hourly wage. At my old recruitment firm they were paying me £6.50 an hour, but I think this is £8.59 per hour. I don't live to make money, but I must admit I'm looking forward to having some pennies again! I'm a bit tired of having to be on a super strict budget.

Tomorrow my friend is coming to my place and then we're going to travel to get some sushi. It's a pretty long journey just for sushi, but it's become quite the tradition for us! I'm looking forward to seeing her, she's one of my closest friends.

----------------

clay - That's tough. Is there no way your husband can find a different job instead of sticking with his company? Sometimes work can take over your life, whether you intend it to or not. I hope things work out for him and you.

noname - The most important thing is that you went to the gym, whenever I have a sh!tty run or I'm not feeling it when I work out I'm just happy that I'm doing it. Sounds lame but it's so much better than doing nothing! *big hug* I'm sorry you're having a hard time processing what happened. I think it's important to remember that even though it was difficult for you to see his passing, you were there and that meant the world to him to have his loved ones right there with him until the very end. It's still awful to have someone die, but there's something quite beautiful about being in the company of the right people. Did you give your grandma a ring? I'm sure she'll really appreciate hearing from you.

Atarimae - Thanks! Sometimes I feel bad when essentially watching people suffering inspires me to workout, but that's the way it goes, hah! Well done on getting your boyfriend on the gym train, that's awesome. My boyfriend is a huge motivator to me, he's very active, so when he works out I'm the one to think "aww...well I better do something too..." then I feel amazing afterwards. I'm sure you will be totes kawaii for the con . What is it for btw? Anime? Cosplay? Japanese fashion? So many possibilities with the word kawaii!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 03:42 PM   #128  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Joining in!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 03:45 PM   #129  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Am I too late? It won't let me add my stats.
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 04:51 PM   #130  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

DH and I had a great day yesterday. We went and got a couples massage, and then went out to a fancy dinner date. It was really nice, and we desperately needed it. We had a great time, and were able to talk without being all stressed about work! Today my DH called and told me he talked to his bosses about wanting to relocate to Atlanta. Apparently they were a bit sad because they want to keep him all to themselves (because he's a really good employee) but they said there's a couple choices we have. They are going to call around and see what's available in that area for him, a district (3 stores preferably so he will get his promotion) or 1 store he could transfer to. They said we could decide if we want to move immediately (to a store or district) or if we want to stick around here until a district is available down there. DH is excited about the prospects, I hope we get more info soon. He said his bosses will probably call over the next couple days so we should have more info really soon. I'm a bit panicked about the uncertainty of it all, but also excited. Hopefully we will get good news soon!

As far as my weight, I hit 185.4 a few days ago, but ate a good bit at dinner last night (totally worth it!). I need to get back on track with eating well and exercising, I've been a bit off the wagon lately!

Rie: That's great about your job! I've been having a not so great food and exercise week too, but I bet we can get back on track! As far as my DH's job, the thing is, he really does like his job/company. The benefits are great, and it's a great career job. If he quit now he doesn't think he'd find a better job, or one with less aggravating. He is mostly frustrated now because his division manager won't let him give his employees consequences when they get written up for something like stealing, no showing to work, etc. His manager has insisted on calling in employees to work that my DH had on suspension for a week for stealing. When stuff like that happens, my DH ends up with employees who think they can get away with anything (because they do) and then he gets yelled at for having bad employees. Last time he talked to the area vice president about it, she said "do it! Be and a**hole!" but his division manager keeps not letting him. Also, he told me yesterday that after I said I thought it would be nice to have a fresh start, he realized he really wants that too. It could be really great too because corporate is in Atlanta, and most of his family, which would be great considering we want to start our family!

spiritualflow Thank you for your support! You're right, DH was just so stressed that day, and I took it personally. We talked it out later and now things are good, and hopefully will be great once we know for sure what's going on!

Atarimae Thanks! I was so focused on getting my husband to commit to talking to his bosses that night, and got aggravated when I felt like he was shoving me off. He was just so stressed he didn't want to think about work anything! He actually talked to them today and we're both feeling MUCH better!
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:14 PM   #131  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Hurricane View Post
Am I too late? It won't let me add my stats.
I have locked the last 3 columns, so you just need to enter your username, starting weight, current weights and goal weights. If you're trying to enter anything other than that then it might try and block you.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:53 PM   #132  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

spiritualflow ~ Aw, thank you! And yes, I will be dressing up on all three days of the convention! The only costume that's currently done is one based off the k-pop group Crayon Pop. (They wear funky outfits, so it'll be fun...haha!) Glad your bf was able to help create a plan for you! It's nice to know your bf didn't go TOO hard on you this time, because I can understand how discouraging it can get.

Gobaby ~ Welcome! I know the feeling, because I notice the tendency to disappear midway and never see things through. Let's make it to the end!

Driven ~ I really like that the five/six year olds (the age group I work with) still really want me there and want my help. I noticed that it also gives the teacher a lot more freedom to do things she normally can't do if it's just herself in the room. And yes, I'm studying to be a teacher.

atmos ~ At least you're honest with yourself. Normally if I gain, I kind of do the avoidance technique...which is quite stupid, because that's when I pack on an extra couple pounds on top of the weekly gain! Good job on keeping with the exercise though!

Rie ~ Oh gosh, yours and my bf sound one in the same. My bf is a gym rat and loves it there! I suppose that's better than the both of us being couch potatoes though lol. Kawaii Kon is a 3 day anime-centric convention, though lately they've started expanding to things like gaming, J/K-pop, fashion, and comics (Marvel and what not). I do especially enjoy the fashion/clothing panels, but then see the tiny speakers on stage and go, "Well I'd look like a whale in that." Hoping I'm a little less "whale-like" this year.

~~~

Woohoo it's Friday! Although my time with the kiddos ended, I'm feeling super great. Well, minus the fact that I weighed in at 147.4 this morning...but hey, I'm hoping and praying this was just TOM gain. If not, I was still on plan so I can't put myself down for that. Plus the classroom I helped in was SOOO EXTREMELY well-behaved, that the teacher actually asked me if I had some sort of magic dust I'm using on the kids, because she hasn't seen them behave like that before.

Now I've about an hour to kill before taking my grandma to this district's farmer's market and then off to be good and exercise again. It's so sad that the pass the bf and I have are only 15 day trial passes though. I just don't see myself spending upwards of $40-50 per month on these memberships, nor do I see me dishing out $600 upfront so I can get a $9 per month membership fee...at least not until I'm working full time. Plus this place is a downtown gym and they don't allow you to hop between the one in town and the one nearer to me. (Stinks, because the bf lives/goes to school closer to the town one and I'm closer to the other.) Ah well. I guess once it expires, time to find another new exercise plan again! Hopefully I stay motivated like this though. Lol.
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 07:24 PM   #133  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Have had a really rough day. Am having trouble sleeping. Won't know anymore about what's going in a few weeks.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 07:46 PM   #134  

Lost 3 pound this week. Not great but its still a loss i suppose.
missm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 09:31 PM   #135  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

spiritualflow:
TOM always messes me up, so I wouldn't worry about the increase. Man, I would LOVE it if my man worked at a gym! I am actually hoping to find a job in the fitness industry--hoping to become personal trainer certified by the end of the year.

atmos:
just remember, that number on the scale is just a number and it doesn't reflect your own worth, girl You still have a few days before Sunday, so it can definitely go down.

Riestrella:
Woot woot, yay on the JOB! That's awesome! So glad that all of this is working out for you.

Claygirl1518:
So sorry that your husband has to put up with that kind of supervisor. May be a fresh start somewhere new is exactly what you need! When would you want to move if you decided to take the relocation?
Sounds like you guys had a good time on your "date". That's something me and the fiance need to do more often. We tend to get stressed out and over-worked and to be honest a nice date would be cool and relaxing. May have to try that this weekend.

missm1:
3 pounds is awesome! I think that's a great loss
__________________________________________________ ______
So, I weighed in at 140 this morning, and I immediately put in on the excel sheet for this challenge. I feel like I've been 141-144 for soooooooo long, so I was ecstatic that I saw 140 this morning.

In other news, I found out about a clinical trial offered by a hospital near where I live. I can't say much, but they basically pay for a tummy tuck and post-visits. I have an appointment with them on Wednesday to see if I qualify. I'm so nervous. I am not at goal weight (135), but I feel like this is too big of an opportunity to pass up. Here's a big issue, though: I am extremely afraid of doctors. Like, I have fainted twice last year when the doctor took blood for my thyroid issue. White coats, needles, hospitals, the smell, everything about it makes me nervous. My blood pressure skyrockets. But, I really really really want to do this. I'm just afraid it'll disqualify me from the trial. Like, who wants a fainting patient? ugh. I guess it will be addressed when I go in on Wednesday for the screening. AHHHH! I'm nervous just thinking about it. Heck, I may not even qualify. I won't know for sure until Wednesday
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote