Old 11-07-2014, 12:35 PM   #16  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Underanalysis: I LOVE the Xena idea!!! I will so give that a try!!!!

I like doing some strength workouts to TV because it becomes an easy habit to maintain. Just sitting and watching TV becomes boring.

Often during cardio I indulge in fantasies like being awesome at a Spartan Race or something.
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:24 AM   #17  
Counting bites!

S/C/G: 282/255/130

Height: 5'5"

Weightlifting is almost always hard rock/punk/metal or prince
Walking is usually country or alternative or prince
Zumba is whatever the instructor throws on.

This usually depends on time of year too, I don't listen to much country in winter (it's depressing) and I don't listen to a lot of really hard rock in the summertime, but that's usually dependent on the artist or a particular song.
izzyboomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:26 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

For cardio stuff I mainly listen to music and the work-outs I've been doing are more like dance than they are a work-out. I happen to like dancing a lot, even if I suck at it, lol. So I'll just imagine I'm actually dancing all sexy like.

With my boyfriend proposing at some point soonish (he had me pick out a ring, but I don't get to know when the proposal is gonna happen), I've also taken to imagining wedding stuff.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:52 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 296/273/190

Height: 5'10

I'm someone who likes being at the gym, but doesn't like going to the gym.

When I'm there I have lots of fun. Songza has some great latin music mixes, which I really love when I'm on the elliptical. Mixes of mostly-upbeat stuff are usually great because you can get 2 minutes of an almost-too-fast pace in a super fun song, followed by a slowed-down song that gives you a good breather. Weights are something I usually did with a trainer so the only music I had was "five more... ... two, one, good. Alright we're moving onto legs now."

If anyone has motivation for actually getting to the gym, or getting out to exercise more, I'm all ears. I hate having to get all my stuff packed up and ready for the gym, and get myself there, and get set up on the machines. I'd rather just automatically be there ready to go. >.>;;
faiora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 07:03 PM   #20  
I can, I will, I do

S/C/G: Goal: 130

Height: 5'6"

My preworkout definitely aids in my motivation but I would say actually completing another day of c25k really helps. One of my main goals is to be able to run.
Avezy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:45 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 223/216/150

Height: 5'3"

At my college we have workout machines that have a monitor to watch tv on or go on the internet, so that helps.
I once accidentally spent an hour on the treadmill watching Duck Dynasty when I told myself 30 minutes was my goal.
Saya2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 11:09 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 272/241/150

Height: 5 foot 5.5 inches

Seeing the look on the guy who broke my heart's face when I become his "type" but by then I'm pretty sure he won't be mines and I'm sure by then I won't even remember he exists and i doubt if he will either but it still helps and motivates me even with that in perspective. And lately seeing the scale drop majorly has kind of motivated me to step it up a notch and lose more weight. And now that the year is coming to a close, I really want to get in 3-5lbs lost so that I can get out of the 240s before the new year or at the very least lose 1 more pound.
city_southernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:21 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 365/341/160

Height: 5'8"

Skittles I would LOVE to see your country music playlist.

I bike to work 3 times a week. 13 km (8 ms) round trip. If I want to get home I must pedal!

So for me it is a matter of necessity, also I don't skip because I don't want to have to explain to my coworkers that I was lazy!
Samantha1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 08:34 AM   #24  
Advanced Beginner

S/C/G: 304/ticker/150

Height: 5'5''

Music! It makes me want to move. Without music, or if the music is boring, everything feels so much harder.

I do HIIT cardio on the elliptical cross trainer and use music with a fast, deep beat (I think it's house music or something like that). What I like best is working out while there is an exercise class going on with lots of people and really loud music. The energy of all those people is contagious and lets me work even harder.
And in ballet class there is always piano music. Sometimes live, which is nice.

It also motivates me to work alongside other people or where I can be seen. If they work harder than me, I push myself to keep up. If they go more slowly, it makes me feel superior, which is also motivating in a weird way. If they just watch, I push myself to make a good impression. It's vanity, but it works.

And I just love moving and feeling my body, my strength and stamina and health and energy. It's a feeling of freedom.
Alienor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 12:15 PM   #25  

What motivates me is wanting to meet someone who I can spend the rest of my life with and not someone who would judge me on my looks. Thinking that I would be quick to sleep with them because I'm desperate.
Jessica888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 01:23 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 200/185/135

Height: 5'2

I think about being that 80-year-old fitness instructor who's more flexible than most of the people in the class she teaches. I want to get healthy and be there forever.

But mostly I think about whatever I'm watching while I'm on the machine.
LettuceDoThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 08:16 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 222/216.0/150

Height: 5'10

I think about how much I used to love working out and how I want to look the way I used to. When I was in college, I was a varsity athlete. I used to love all kinds of workouts and feel great before, during, and after. Now, starting back up is difficult, BUT I LOVE how I feel after. When I feel core-strong, I feel pretty. I feel powerful, and I feel confident.
aliesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 11:31 PM   #28  
In It to Win It!

S/C/G: 263/ticker/160

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiora View Post
I'm someone who likes being at the gym, but doesn't like going to the gym.

When I'm there I have lots of fun. Songza has some great latin music mixes, which I really love when I'm on the elliptical. Mixes of mostly-upbeat stuff are usually great because you can get 2 minutes of an almost-too-fast pace in a super fun song, followed by a slowed-down song that gives you a good breather. Weights are something I usually did with a trainer so the only music I had was "five more... ... two, one, good. Alright we're moving onto legs now."

If anyone has motivation for actually getting to the gym, or getting out to exercise more, I'm all ears. I hate having to get all my stuff packed up and ready for the gym, and get myself there, and get set up on the machines. I'd rather just automatically be there ready to go. >.>;;

I'm the same way! Sometimes it takes so much for me to finally get up, put my gym clothes on, and go. What's been helping lately though, is a routine, and also some really freaking cute workout clothes. I got like four cute sports bras from Target, some colorful tops, and some really cute sneakers and I like wearing the clothes, so it helps me get motivated.

Once I'm there, I can stay for a good two hours sometimes. It's just getting there that's the tough part.
banditbear is offline   Reply With Quote