Old 08-06-2014, 02:16 PM   #16  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

I'd love to be able to lose ~30 lbs by Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving, and meeting my goal by then would make it even more awesome!

As for non-scale goals, I want to have stayed 98% on plan with my eating (which is basically clean eating with occasional planned treats when I want them). Also, I'd like to be running again by then. I'm working on it now. I'm pushing past the initial "I HATE THIS!" hump. After that I start enjoying it more.

---

Sunshine0514: That sounds fun! I think something like that would be fun and inclusive if it's done the right way. It sounds like you guys have a good time with it.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 04:20 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

LiannaKole: I hope to be running again by Thanksgiving too. I started c25k in early 2011 and worked up to a half marathon in 2012. I ran a bunch of local 5ks and got to know the local group of runners. I kept up with the running for almost 2 years and really enjoyed it. Then I got crazy with work and graduate school. Unfortunately when I get busy with that stuff, the daily run is the first thing crossed off the to do list. I would really like to start running again. Like you I'm first trying to get solidly on my diet before I start that up. Also I need to lose about 20 pounds to fit into my old sports bra. That is what I'm shooting for.

Last edited by Scarlett; 08-06-2014 at 04:20 PM.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:30 AM   #18  

I should be OK for holiday season. I hate holiday food and my family abused me so I don't talk to them. Since I hate all holiday food, I also don't care to participate in potlucks. The only problem will be to pretend like I love that stuff because I am in a very social environment and outside of 3fc, people get really judgey in a negative way. Wish it didn't matter, but it sorta does give that self conscious feeling, so I often pretend like I do this or that for the holidays when I am perfectly content to look at displays and not do much of anything.

I've been eating more than I want to, so looking to chill out on that for awhile as well as maintain exercising overall - just overall a consistent routine of sorts, even if its not everyday, at least most days to maintain overall good energy and health.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 05:21 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 305/154.6/???

Height: 5ft 3

Shhhh, don't tell anyone, but - my weight is up!
And it's all Hugo's fault! Because, you see, a few days ago Hugo died on me. Phut. Went to the celestial bathroom. Hugo, my trusted scale (who was actually older than me). So I needed a replacement, and I got one. Boy, did I get one! This new one seems to be all about tough love. Or else Hugo was way too nice to me.
Either way, the new one made its debut by telling me that I weigh 162 pounds, not those 155 that Hugo kept telling me about!
So I'm right there with you, @ muguet

Anyways, that was three days ago, and I have since made my way back down to 160. Still, le sigh. I liked those 155 much better

On the bright side, though (you know what they say about lemons and lemonade and all that...) - this actually gives me some hope for when I'll finally go into maintenance. I mean, I hate, as in really hate, having to lose those pounds all over again. So maybe, just maybe, this advice about giving myself an "alarm weight" that someone gave me a while ago might actually work for me. We'll see (once I get there, that is ).
Meanwhile I totally refuse to change my ticker. Gaining all those pounds back, for real, is just not an option

On the weird side of things: now that I seem to be heavier than both Hugo and I thought, people start telling me that I should stop losing weight because I'm getting too skinny and am apparently "wasting away". Like... what? Big chorus of "Huh???" everyone. Did I mention that I'm still officially overweight?...
JenteIsving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 05:45 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 223/197/120

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenteIsving View Post
Either way, the new one made its debut by telling me that I weigh 162 pounds, not those 155 that Hugo kept telling me about!
So I'm right there with you, @ muguet
High-five for nasty new scales!
If it's any consolation, I'm getting over my nasty surprise and I hope to be down two pounds by the end of next week!!
We can do this!!!
muguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:15 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by muguet View Post
High-five for nasty new scales!
If it's any consolation, I'm getting over my nasty surprise and I hope to be down two pounds by the end of next week!!
We can do this!!!
We can and, more importantly, we WILL!

Um, would it sound weird if I confessed that I was actually more frustrated when my weight went up a pound for no reason whatsoever the other day than I am right now?
I mean, hey, if this new scale wants to start our life together by throwing me a challenge - bring it on!

We got this! We just need the scales to know it, too
Old 08-07-2014, 10:04 PM   #22  

This is a great idea ... Count me in too ! My goal is 180 by Thanksgiving
We can do this
MaryBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:48 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenteIsving View Post
We can and, more importantly, we WILL!

I mean, hey, if this new scale wants to start our life together by throwing me a challenge - bring it on!

We got this! We just need the scales to know it, too
We totally got this! Don't worry, my scale is super sensitive too. I weighed myself twice today and I was up one pound the first time, and down to yesterday's weight the second time. It's a pain but hey, sometimes it's just to put you in perspective that the number on the scale isn't absolute!
Old 08-08-2014, 12:48 PM   #24  
Looking for the 200's

S/C/G: 325/311.4/174

Height: 6'0

I would like to join your challenge. I want to be down to 245 by thanksgiving.

I am currently working on giving up soda (regular, I hate diet) I have no issues giving up cans or bottles, but a cold fresh fountain coke tastes like liquid sunshine.
milliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 03:54 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliej View Post
I would like to join your challenge. I want to be down to 245 by thanksgiving.

I am currently working on giving up soda (regular, I hate diet) I have no issues giving up cans or bottles, but a cold fresh fountain coke tastes like liquid sunshine.
Welcome milliej!! I think giving up soda by Thanksgiving sounds like a fab idea. I'm sure you'll see loads of results! Good luck and we're here to help you reach your goals
Old 08-09-2014, 05:39 AM   #26  

Ha! I'm back down to 159.1!
Take that, evil scale!

to all the newcomers!

And can I just say that this one cracks me up?
Old 08-12-2014, 02:44 AM   #27  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Scarlett: I hear you. I got really busy too, and never got back on track the way I wanted. It's difficult to adjust fast enough and well enough to keep exercising and eating well when big things (like grad school, new job, moving, etc.) come up.

I used to run 3 miles 3x a week, and after several months of running and feeling meh about it, all the sudden it was way easier and I LOVED it. So I know I can get there again. I enjoy being fit and being able to run with ease. It's nice not to be the one huffin and puffing, you know? And it get so fun after I stop hating it.

So, hopefully we can both get back into running (and back on track with eating) soon!

Last edited by LiannaKole; 08-12-2014 at 02:44 AM.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 03:04 PM   #28  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

I am definitely in! I would like to drop 25-30 pounds by then!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:35 AM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Hurricane View Post
I am definitely in! I would like to drop 25-30 pounds by then!
I have a similar goal, so I hope we can reach it together!!
Old 09-04-2014, 02:56 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 281/243/160

Height: 5'7

I'd like to join in and while I'd love to see 215 by Thanksgiving. I'd just be happy to see progress in the right direction at this point... I have been stuck for 4 months and I've tried making changes... nothing is working... I'm talking with my doctor right now to see if something is wrong... fingers crossed he has some idea how to help me
Alchickypup is offline   Reply With Quote