3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   im not ashamed i just dont want anyone to see (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/298247-im-not-ashamed-i-just-dont-want-anyone-see.html)

skittlesfirehawk 07-30-2014 11:58 PM

im not ashamed i just dont want anyone to see

So this time around i dont want anyone other then the people i see in my everyday life to see my weightloss i want it to be like a big reveal.No romantic relationship until i hit goal and i dont wanan go to any parties until i hit goal.anyone else with me?

kurisitaru 07-31-2014 12:17 AM

I couldn't do that. I can't put my life on hold until I make a weight goal. I mean, reveals are nice and all, but I'd feel depressed if I missed parties, events, dating simply because I wasn't at the weight I want to be at.

I've done that, decided to "hide" myself until I lost 20lbs, it sucks. You miss out on so many things just because you aren't at goal. Reveal it to distant relatives, not your current friends.

tinneranne2 07-31-2014 01:02 AM

I don't think that I could make sustainable changes to my life if I was trying to lose weight in a bubble...I need to find a way to make healthier choices even when I go to parties.

I totally understand wanting that "wow!" moment from people. It is tough when you see the same people all the time because they can be less likely to notice the differences. I live overseas from my family and friends, but they know I'm making efforts too.

If it works for you, thats awesome. It wouldn't work for me.

fitnhappy 07-31-2014 02:03 AM

I have unintentionally (I lost my grandma who was a mum to me in April and just haven't felt like dealing with non critical stuff/people) not seen a lot of people since I've lost 20kg (44lbs), still for a way to go but as I've bumped into people I know it's been quite encouraging to hear the 'omg what have you been doing? You look great!' comments. Good luck with your journey!

cheddahcat 07-31-2014 02:22 AM

If it feels right and it is what you want to do, then I say go for it. Like the other replies, I too have family abroad that haven't seen me since my 40 lb weight loss. ( skype can be cruel and distort) and I'm also looking forward to the wow factor when we visit in 3 weeks. :yay: my work mates don't say much, but people can be funny. Whether it's not really noticble , sticky subject or jealous :dz: it doesn't really matter to me :dz: keep up the good loss and hard work. I'm closer to half way and it motivates me even more to keep :running:

skittlesfirehawk 07-31-2014 09:23 AM

i know its the right descison romantically.I want to wait until im at goal weight and feel more amazing about my body.I dont go to parties often anyway so its not a huge deal to avoid it.I go out with my normal friends once a week.

muguet 07-31-2014 09:34 AM

I can't say that I agree with you but I think the difference with how I've been trying to lose weight before is that I don't want to talk about it to anyone, which is why I want support from this forum. Lead by example and if people notice before your goal weight, it can only be a good thing, right? :)

LiannaKole 08-01-2014 02:35 PM

I say do what you have to do for yourself. For some people severely limiting social interaction might be a detriment, but for others it might be a big help.

For me, I go about my regular social activities, but I try to steer those toward fewer food-related activities. Parties are okay - there's loads to do that's not eating. For me, being busier corresponds to eating better.

However, I second you on wanting to keep the weight loss hidden until you're done. I'm definitely the same way! If I could buy a sweater or something that'd hide everything until I was done, I'd do it. Sadly, there is no such sweater. :(

But I never discuss my weight loss with anyone. That's why I come here. :yes:

levoguette 08-01-2014 04:41 PM

Skittles, I think I can relate, but I agree with the others also. I'm kind of split.

At my current weight, I really do not attract any quality guys... (And I think through our chats, you probably already know this! Haha!) I think I'm going to wait to date as well, by not making any efforts on my part to do so. But if a guy shows interest I wouldn't be against it or say no just to wait until I've lost all of the weight.
I also wanted to have dropped 1-2 sizes by the time I went back to school to have some sort of "reveal", but no luck yet.
I wouldn't stop yourself from doing fun things or going out, because I think you might regret it. I know I have regretted skipping things in the past because I felt too fat and wanted to wait until I was in shape to go to things like that.

So what I would say is, don't stop yourself! Focus on becoming happier with your body first and foremost, but if something comes along, don't skip out!