3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Let's Lose it Before School Starts! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/297379-lets-lose-before-school-starts.html)

NinaB 06-29-2014 11:19 PM

Let's Lose it Before School Starts!

Hi everyone! I'm Nina, I'm 20, and I want to lose my dreaded freshman 15 that has been hanging around for the last 2 years. Ugh :(

I assume that since the group here is 20-somethings, many of you might be in school too and are trying to lose weight before classes start this fall. That is exactly what I am doing. 15 pounds down by September 1st.

If anyone is looking to do the same as me, leave a comment to this thread. We can motivate each other and use this as a space to keep track of our workouts and diets, and to help each other be our best for the upcoming year :D

Starting tomorrow (It's almost midnight here haha) I am going to be doing pilates 5-7 days a week, specifically Winsor Pilates. I have tons of her DVDs, and I have used them in the past and had AMAZING results. I looked like a dancer, and I got that body in record time too. You can find her workouts on Youtube if you type Winsor Pilates into the search, since her videos are a few years old now. Check them out if you want :)

I will also do cardio whenever I can, but honestly I hate it. So I'll try and go for long walks or bike and swim now that it is summer time.

I can see myself slimmed down and walking around campus. I can't wait to achieve this goal!:dizzy:

Hope to hear from some of you !!

hilariousness 07-01-2014 12:54 PM

I have a bit more to lose than you but Im totally in! I'm running right now and started counting calories (1400 though I will eat a little more after a hard run) and finally feeling like Im back on track.
I guess my back to school goal would be to get to 165-175 (I'm 180 currently)

Lets do it!!!!

tinneranne2 07-18-2014 12:42 PM

I'm a high school teacher off for the summer...can I still play?

I'm aiming for 150 by September 1 and feel that's a really optimistic goal.

I'm currently on L1D5 of the 30 Day Shred, and am trying to walk 5k 3+ times a week. My LoseIt! app has me set at 1200 calories a day, but I'm not really hardcore about it, its just nice to have a ballpark of what I am consuming. I'm trying to tone as I lose weight, because i'm super flabby.

levoguette 07-19-2014 03:36 AM

I would be up for joining in as well. I'm currently at 194 and would like to be at 180 by when I go back to school in mid-September. :)

LePetitPapillon 07-19-2014 04:57 PM

I just want a goal, so I am in too :)
145 is my immediate goal, but if I could make it into the 130's by September that would be fantastic! I'm aiming high to lose at least 27 pounds.

My diet: Paleo / Primal
Exercise: walking, jumping, building, hiking, fun movement
Initial weigh in (today): 166.2

Miss V 07-19-2014 05:56 PM

If teachers count, I'm in! Impossible for me to make goal by then but I would like to be 15lbs down by the time school starts (8/18).

LePetitPapillon 07-20-2014 09:44 AM

4.7 pounds lost this past week! If I keep this up, I will make my goal by September!! :D

Dottington 07-21-2014 03:08 PM

Papillon-Great loss!

I would LOVE to lose 5lbs by the time school starts.

LePetitPapillon 07-22-2014 06:23 AM

tinneranne2 07-25-2014 01:29 AM

I wont actually have access to a scale until August 13, so I will have no idea what my weight is until then...I don't suppose it truly matters since I'm taking measurements every 10 days, but I still want to know for some reason.

Great job, LePetitPapillon! :) Thats an awesome week!

GordonGirl16 07-26-2014 11:37 AM

I'm in! I would like to hopefully lose around another 10 pounds by September. I've been doing Weight Watchers but haven't been completely OP the last few weeks, and as a result haven't been losing as quickly as I was at first. But if I could be somewhere in the 150s by the time school starts in a month, that would be amazing :)

LePetitPapillon 07-26-2014 11:55 AM

Well this week was not so good lol. I gained .2 pounds. Too much stress, fruit, and fats. Here's to next week!

Dottington 07-26-2014 08:34 PM

papillon-hey you had such a big loss the previous week so don't sweat it. I'm sure next week you'll have a big drop :)

I'm just holding steady. My calories are low though so if I keep eat the amount I am, my body will have to eventually lose weight :dizzy:

LePetitPapillon 07-26-2014 11:01 PM

levoguette 07-26-2014 11:16 PM

I weighed in at 192.5 on Friday AM. I had a "tourist" weekend and ate WAY over my calories, so I'm expecting some weight gain but hopefully it wont be too too much....