Old 05-05-2014, 01:13 PM   #1  
cece

Default Declaring a fast for the day

So I woke up deciding that I will fast today. I haven't done this in a while, but I've been feeling so weak and so powerless lately- I need to feel some sort of control. So today, I'm not eating. And maybe by tomorrow morning I'll feel better about myself.

I have two finals exams to complete today; all I'll be thinking about is food and about how enormous I am. So I need to find a way to stay focused on my work or else I'm pretty much screwed- because I need good grades and no matter what, I will not eat.
2bthinner00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 01:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 310/290.8/199

Height: 5'7

Based on your past post this is a terrible idea. You really need to talk to a nutrionist, as well as a mental health professional. Losing weight should be done in a healthy way.
mb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 01:30 PM   #3  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I agree with mb2004. Since you're in school, hopefully you have access to free counseling. I really hope you are able to get the help you need to work through your feelings of powerlessness and your negative emotions in relation to your weight. Please take care of yourself, body and mind.

Last edited by nonameslob; 05-05-2014 at 01:30 PM.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 01:34 PM   #4  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

If you have exams, you are going to need food to be able to do well in them. Unfortunately, not eating is more likely to cause you to think more about food- combined with fatigue and hunger, it's going to make those exams more difficult. The more you try to control your eating by eating very very small amounts, the less in control you are going to feel imo. Most people who try this get caught in a trap of eating very little- feeling terrible- eat more or binge- feel terrible for eating more- either give up on trying to lose weight or continue in the cycle. Losing weight is a very psychological experience- you need a team of support, it sounds like a nutrionalist and a psych of some kind would be really helpful for you
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote