3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Progress. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/293964-progress.html)

Avezy44 03-21-2014 03:22 AM

Progress.

When I started I was completely overwhelmed by the amount of weight I need to lose to reach my goal. It was a whopping 165 pounds. I felt ashamed that I had let myself get so far from where I had been and I was (still am) determined to reach my goal this time. For the first time in 3 going on 4 months I noticed today that my ticker says 130lbs to lose before I meed my goal... I am stunned. Once I lose 31 more pounds I will have less than 100 to go. It seems like cake (no pun intended) to lose 31 after having lost 35 already.

I never used to be a glass half full kind of person and yes, I know 130lbs is quite a bit.. but with the weight loss I have been working of my attitude and I can honestly say... I feel a lot happier. Anyway, I just wanted to share my epiphany with you all :) It really motivates me and excites me :)

kailpea 03-21-2014 09:13 AM

Congrats Avezy! Every Pound gets you closer to your goal! Keep with it. I thin that a lot of people think that losing weight is a hassle but it's been a really good thing for me. My being more active eating better has made me a more positive person all around and even though I still have almost 80 lbs to lose before I reach my goal I am already feeling oh so much more confident!

Dottington 03-21-2014 12:53 PM

That's a wonderful attitude to have! Congrats on your loss so far, keep up the good work :)

Avezy44 03-24-2014 08:47 PM

Thank you both! :) Sorry for the delayed response. Good luck to you as well :)

constellationmomma 04-01-2014 12:09 AM

I can totally relate to this. I'm trying not to look at the big picture- even after losing 35 lbs last year, I'm still almost 100 lbs overweight. I'm so glad to see it from this optimistic perspective, because it helps me, the eternal pessimist!! Congrats on your 35 already gone, and I hope your success continues!

Avezy44 04-02-2014 10:39 AM

I'm telling ya, the bigger picture is actually motivational if you look at it from a different angle. It's the same with my stretch marks, I know they aren't going to go anywhere when I lose this weight, but I will wear them like a badge to say I have been to my heaviest and I made it to where I am now. It's all about perspective.

constellationmomma 04-02-2014 05:06 PM

I am so there with you. I have a 2.5 year old, but she's not where the stretchmarks started for me.. (although I am putting some faith into exfoliating and moisturizing for getting rid of them since I'm losing kind of slowly, they are fading) I can't blame having a kid or anything else, and I can't say I'm ever planning to rock a bikini, but I can say I am going to work and get where I want to be, and I'll know I'll be proud when I get there!! You're so right.