3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   ~*Bikini Ready 2014 Challenge!*~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/293940-%7E%2Abikini-ready-2014-challenge-%2A%7E.html)

183StGB 03-23-2014 01:16 AM

thanks for doing this! I'm in! Attempting to reach my overall goal of 153lbs. so I'm going for a loss of 16lbs!
Let's do this :)

Lylitu 03-23-2014 03:05 AM

I'm in! This will be a great motivation for me over the next few months.

P.S. I'm quite bloated right now so I expect a bit of a quick jump over the next week.

Pattience 03-23-2014 03:49 AM

Ok, its probably not cool to crash in on the 20 somethings when you are over 50, as I am, so do you mind if i borrow your infectious idea and create an over 30s version?

Do i have to do anything else to keep it working. I don't really want to do any laborious figuring too much. How does that end of it work.
… Oh i had a look at the spreadsheet, can you help me set one up. I think it looks good. I love your idea.

Thanks and good luck to all of you. I know you are all heading straight for extreme gorgeousness.

amandie 03-23-2014 12:36 PM

Pattience- It can be a lot of work to set up a spreadsheet and to keep up if you don't know how to input formulas and etc. Do you have much experience with google docs and functions/formulas? Google docs is a bit different from Excel since doogle docs does not have all of the functions that Excel has so you'd have to go about some things a bit differently formula-wise. I can give you a link with a brand new spreadsheet complete with formulas, you just have to be sure not to muck with the last 3 columns on the right but there is revision history under the File tab if needed be.

Pattience 03-23-2014 07:29 PM

hmmm thanks Amandie,

I don't know i think it sounds like too much farting about. I don't think i'm that committed after all. But it doesn't matter. YOu guys have fun.

themilesawaygirl 03-24-2014 08:51 AM

Pattience Join in with us! Leave the farting about to Rie (she's excellent at it) and you only need to be committed to your own goals.

I know this is in the 20-somethings thread but it's open to everyone! :)

Pattience 03-24-2014 09:01 AM

Ok, I will thanks, lemme go check what i have to do.

Ok i've done it. Anyone who gets into a bikini can post a picture right? Or not? I have to put on a two piece next monday. Alas i bought it in a hurry and didn't try it on. I like it except that the bra bits are wrong and its too late to take it back because i took all the tags and bits off. I thought i was going this Wednesday but had to postpone it. I'm going to the reef for the first time in many years! So i'm excited and hope its not going to rain like it is right now.

amandie 03-24-2014 09:26 AM

Oh yes, Pattience, absolutely join us! As for the picture, it's up to you, if you want, you can. :) The reef sounds like fun. :crossed: for beautiful weather when you go.

So excited for this challenge!

angelicus 03-24-2014 09:29 AM

Back on this site for the first time in a long long time and his chalenge looks good. Just added my name onto the spreadsheet, with the aim of losing 20 lbs by the beginning of July. We will see how I do amongst exam stress and easter! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

levoguette 03-24-2014 09:55 AM

Excited to join the challenge! I normally weigh in on Fridays or Saturdays. Hopefully this will motivate me to eat better the rest of the semester and keep on track! :)

amandie 03-24-2014 10:14 AM

Welcome to all newcomers!

Just a friendly reminder to all as per Rie's first post- please do not edit or input any info on the last 3 columns on the right (blue, pinkish, and yellow columns with the Lbs to Lose, Lbs Lost and % Weight Loss in the heading above each column respectively) since there are formulas in there. All you have to do is input your weight each week, that's it. It will auto-calculate what you have left to lose, etc for the last 3 columns on the right.

I've already went in and fixed it so no worries. :)

Have a great day, all!

amandie 03-25-2014 01:25 PM

LOL, I sure hope I didn't kill the thread.

nonameslob 03-25-2014 01:32 PM

Edit: I answered my own question lol

angelicus 03-25-2014 03:52 PM

Just had a yummy pasta for dinner, thinking it was pretty healthy and then I looked up olive oil and realised that 1 tbsp has 118 calories - grrr ... all in all, it was still a pretty healthy dish - brown pasta, tomatoes, garlic but I was so taken aback when I looked up (after eating!) how many calories and how much fat was in my 1 tbsp of oil. I feel like its marketed a being quite healthy as well...?

Anyone else been taken by surprise at the amount of calories in something they thought was quite healthy?

amandie 03-25-2014 04:14 PM

Angelicus- Olive oil has good fat like avocado and coconut oil. Fat in fruit/veggie oils are good, supposedly healthier than animal fat, something about the fat in animal and fruit/veggie oils process differently in our bodies.

For pasta, I only need 1 to 1 1/2 TSP of oil and mix it with some (chicken) broth then coat the pasta in the broth/oil mixture. Your dinner was healthy and sounds yummy, BTW! ;)

When I first started out, I was surprised at the amount of calories in most pastas so I've since then cut back and have 1 oz of pasta and bulk it up with veggies like zoodles (zucchini noodles).

Same goes for many nut butters. I try to stretch it out by having 1/4 cup of yogurt and putting in 1 TBSP of nut butters.