Old 05-27-2014, 10:14 AM   #211  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameslob View Post
I made it into Onederland, and am now just 5.2 pounds away from my goal (of 15), with about 6 weeks left? I got this! Although I do have vacation and a "diet break" in there, so we'll see, but feeling good. I put my bathing suit back on last week and could see a bit of a difference, which definitely boosted my spirits. I keep going from stalling to losing to stalling and back to losing, which is frustrating, but it feels good when the weight actually comes off.

How's everyone else doing? Welcome back MrsDeenz!
You made into Onederland! Congrats!! You can definitely achieve your goal if you put in the hard work. What is it that makes you stall in the first place? Or do you mean despite your efforts your weight loss stalls?

Things are good with me! I've finally come to terms with gaining weight over the past few years, which has really helped with my attitude towards my weight. I've been taking it slow, counting calories and working out 3 times. I'm on my last week of working out 3 x a week then I'll bump it up to 4 x a week for 4 weeks. But I've lost 2 lbs since I started regularly exercising again, so I'm happy with the progress, despite how slow it is!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:41 AM   #212  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Riestrella, thanks! I just think it's the trend with how I'm losing lately, regardless of my efforts. For the last month or so, I seem to hold steady at a weight for a few weeks, and then drop. Whereas before it was more steady.

Great job with your own loss so far. Nothing wrong with slow (though I know it can be frustrating!). Hopefully it will equal long-term success for you
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:23 AM   #213  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Still just sitting in my stall. Bleh
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:35 PM   #214  
Call me NNS!

With Memorial Day passed, summer is here unofficially! How's everyone feeling about their "bikini-ready" goals? I have no plans to get into a bathing suit soon, but I'm glad I won't be squeezing into mine this year. They should fit perfectly.

I am a bit nervous about my "diet break" coming up during my vacation, so if I can reach my goal early I will feel better about that. Hopefully I will manage to maintain for those two weeks, and re-set my body from months of dieting. I can always reduce the break to one week if I decide it's not working for me the way I thought it would.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:27 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/150

I'm far from bikini ready but... I'm ok with it. I'm focusing on the fact that I've lost 20 lbs until now and I will continue to lose. I fitting into my clothing better and I'm feeling better - mentally and physically - so I'm ok with it. I'll be bikini ready for next summer (hopefully).
MrsDeenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:28 AM   #216  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

I weighed 163.5 lbs this week, which means I'm 1.5 lbs down since I started weighing in for this challenge! Not that impressive considering I managed to gain during my epic scale break, but I'm happy with the shift. The boyfriend bought a new hat for me as a reward for working out 3x a week for 3 weeks today, I love it!

----------

noname - I used to stall for a long while once I started a new rigorous exercise routine, then suddenly I would drop! It was always frustrating waiting for the drop to happen. I'm hoping by the time I go on holiday to Spain I can be somewhat close to what I weighed when I last went on holiday with my family. I adjusted my goal weight for the challenge due to my scale break, was hoping to lose a lot more but hey ho life happens. Diet breaks are always tricky! I'm all for living life and having fun, but I think you need to mentally prepare yourself for the fact that you will most probably gain. If you're ok with that, then have fun! But if you know you'll be crazy disappointed then try and do your best for 2/3 meals in a day.

MrsD - A great attitude to have! Definitely be happy with the accomplishments you've made so far.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:16 AM   #217  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Hey Riestrella, could you put me back on the sheet? I always forget to put in my weight but I still wanna do this challenge Your hat looks super cute on you! Your boyfriend is definitely a keeper And of course- congrats on the loss!!
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:51 PM   #218  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

i need to push myself back into high gear.Im going to be going to the gym 3 days a week on schedule i hope.I need to revamp my eating and start loosing every week
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:54 PM   #219  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

Riestrella i hope you will make another challenge after this one is over
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:11 PM   #220  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopty View Post
Hey Riestrella, could you put me back on the sheet? I always forget to put in my weight but I still wanna do this challenge Your hat looks super cute on you! Your boyfriend is definitely a keeper And of course- congrats on the loss!!
Welcome back! You're back in the spreadsheet! Please enter a weight asap so you can stay in the challenge.
Thanks a lot! Usually I feel a bit silly in hats but I really like this one.

skittles - I'll be doing a Halloween challenge next! I tend to run these throughout the year!

Last edited by Riestrella; 06-02-2014 at 01:39 AM.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:39 AM   #221  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 9 Chart everyone!!

Old 06-02-2014, 09:31 AM   #222  
Call me NNS!

Riestrella Life does happen! But you look great and it sounds like you're back on track. I love the that.

I'm not okay with gaining during a diet break, but I am okay with maintaining. It will be a fairly active vacation, so I should be able to eat "normally" without gaining. Plus we'll be camping/hiking for three days and won't be able to bring any more food than is necessary. I think I will see how it goes on vacation (1 week), weigh when I get back, and then decide if I want to continue on the second week.

levoguette - I'm not sure if you post in here besides your weight, but I just wanted to say WOW. You are doing awesome!

Last edited by nonameslob; 06-02-2014 at 09:31 AM.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:04 PM   #223  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/130

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameslob View Post
levoguette - I'm not sure if you post in here besides your weight, but I just wanted to say WOW. You are doing awesome!
I used to post a bit more but sort of dropped off the radar because of being super busy with school but have kept posting to keep myself accountable.

I'm really happy with my progress but I have definitely had my slip ups. I think I owe most of my weight loss to increasing my day to day activity (walking around more and taking the stairs) and trying to completely eliminate wheat.

Now that school is over though and I spent most of this weekend moving and doing road trips, my diet was ruined. Eek... I knew I was going to eat some unhealthy fast food because of the road trips, but now I'm having the worst cravings all day long. Probably from eating too many white carbs and sugary things over the last few days in addition to it being the week before TOM. Hopefully I can get myself back on track starting tomorrow, although it'll be a tough one since I'm visiting my parents this week and they always have tempting foods in the house.

I'm moving into an apartment that has a kitchen. (Goodbye college meal plan!) Any good quick oven recipes you guys would recommend? Especially maybe some new ways to cook veggies?

Last edited by levoguette; 06-02-2014 at 06:08 PM.
levoguette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:53 PM   #224  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Wow, was it ever easier to lose weight when I wasn't a cubicle monkey...not complaining about 7 lbs going away, but definitely not making my challenge goal at this rate
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:24 AM   #225  
Call me NNS!

levoguette Did you graduate or are you just done for the summer? Congrats on the new place! It will be awesome to be in control of your food. I'm sure you'll be back on track in no time.

As for oven recipes, I hate to use the oven in the summer (sometimes will use the toaster oven instead) but I love roasted veggies of all kinds. Roasted broccoli with lemon and garlic is a favorite in my house. Roasted peppers with onions, roasted asparagus...You could really throw your favorite veggies into a pyrex, top it with some seasoned meat or seafood if you like, and cook it all together and call it a day.

Hotaruchan lol @ cubicle monkey! I feel you! You're doing awesome, though, so keep doing whatever you're doing! I also see you're really close to goal so that could certainly have something to do with it?

I've been kind of lazy lately. Still sticking to my eating plan and getting to the gym, but I just don't have the energy to go full force into a workout. I dunno what's up. Vacation is in less than two weeks though, and after that I think I'm going to revisit my workout plan and bump up the strength routine. We're going to do a long hike this weekend so I can break in my new shoes before vacation (it's going to suck wearing winter boots in the heat here to break them in, but worth it for hiking in the snow in CO!)

All that aside, it seems like the weight is wooshing off lately, at a higher rate and more consistently than in the past. Hopefully I'll keep that up!

Last edited by nonameslob; 06-04-2014 at 09:29 AM.