Old 06-04-2014, 09:26 AM   #226  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

noname - I think the general mistake people make on vacation isn't so much food - it's booze! It really adds up but it's almost an integral part of being on vacation. I think it's definitely possible to maintain, so good luck!

levo - It's so great to hear from you! I know what you mean about those bad cravings, hang in there you can resist! As for veggie meals, I like to make vegetable fajitas. I use zucchini, red & yellow peppers and onion and make my own fajita mix (http://busycooks.about.com/od/homema...aseasonmix.htm) and if you can find a whole grain tortillas then even better! I also like to make vegetable curry, also sweet potato mash is yummy! My house mate make cous cous stuffed peppers too, I've never personally made it but it was yummy! I'm really bad at veggie dishes though, I'm still learning

Hotaru - Considering how close you are to your goal and how high you are in the challenge chart I will not allow you to complain!! You are doing awesome and while being a cubicle monkey may make things harder you are definitely on the right track!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:31 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/130

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameslob View Post
levoguette Did you graduate or are you just done for the summer? Congrats on the new place! It will be awesome to be in control of your food. I'm sure you'll be back on track in no time.

As for oven recipes, I hate to use the oven in the summer (sometimes will use the toaster oven instead) but I love roasted veggies of all kinds. Roasted broccoli with lemon and garlic is a favorite in my house. Roasted peppers with onions, roasted asparagus...You could really throw your favorite veggies into a pyrex, top it with some seasoned meat or seafood if you like, and cook it all together and call it a day.
I'm just done for the summer. I'm spending the summer interning, and I'm staying at an intern housing / dorm type of place at a university in that city, but I have access to a kitchen. It's an apartment style dorm.
After the summer, I'll be going back to college in the fall, but I will have my own apartment rather than living on campus! Yay! Can't wait!

Thank you both (nonameslob and Riestrella) for the recipe ideas! I'll have to try some out. The roasted veggies with lemon and garlic as well as the fajitas sound delicious!
I love pinterest for recipes, so I have been looking on there as well for ideas, but it's hard not to run into craving-inducing cookie pictures! Ha!

Last edited by levoguette; 06-05-2014 at 01:33 PM.
levoguette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:46 AM   #228  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

Summer is approaching and I am nowhere near bikini ready.ugggh I need to get to the gym
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:29 AM   #229  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 10 Chart!! 5 weeks left!!

Old 06-09-2014, 08:44 AM   #230  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Well, today is my last weigh-in for this thread before my vacation and diet/scale break! Four weeks to go and three pounds until my goal. Feeling really good about these past couple of months. I've done better in this challenge than in any part of my weight loss so far. I just hope I can keep it up through the summer and fall. Should be reasonable since I'm averaging a pound a week.

Hope everyone else is doing well! Keep it up!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:27 AM   #231  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quote:
Well, today is my last weigh-in for this thread before my vacation and diet/scale break! Four weeks to go and three pounds until my goal. Feeling really good about these past couple of months. I've done better in this challenge than in any part of my weight loss so far. I just hope I can keep it up through the summer and fall. Should be reasonable since I'm averaging a pound a week.

Hope everyone else is doing well! Keep it up!
Congratulations on how far you've come so far, I really hope to see you when you get back! A lot of people go on vacation and never return to the forum...it's so sad! I'll be running a Halloween challenge shortly after this one is over, so I hope you find continued success by participating =). It's always an amazing feeling to see that the challenges help people in some way or another.

As for me, I'm on another scale break since I'm at the boyfriend's again! I managed to get down to 163.1 lbs, which was just a 0.4 lb drop from the previous week and a 1.9 lbs drop since I started participating in the challenge. Not my best result but considering how much I was slacking in the first few months of the challenge it's not surprising!
Old 06-10-2014, 09:02 AM   #232  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

If I'm not back here by the end of June, flood my inbox with messages! All of you! I would hate hate hate to be that person. I AM NOT going back to where I was and no vacation is going to stall me from losing this weight! Plus, I think I still have at least one weigh-in at the end of this challenge after my vacation so I HAVE to come back for that, right? (in hindsight, I think I phrased my post like I wasn't coming back to weigh-in here, whoops!).

Over two pounds in just a couple of weeks is fantastic! Keep going! You could easily be in the 150s in just a week or so New decades are always motivating. Do you find having a scale to be motivating? If so, could you get a scale for your bf's place?
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:08 AM   #233  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quote:
If I'm not back here by the end of June, flood my inbox with messages! All of you! I would hate hate hate to be that person. I AM NOT going back to where I was and no vacation is going to stall me from losing this weight! Plus, I think I still have at least one weigh-in at the end of this challenge after my vacation so I HAVE to come back for that, right? (in hindsight, I think I phrased my post like I wasn't coming back to weigh-in here, whoops!).

Over two pounds in just a couple of weeks is fantastic! Keep going! You could easily be in the 150s in just a week or so New decades are always motivating. Do you find having a scale to be motivating? If so, could you get a scale for your bf's place?
Roger that!

Short answer is no. I'm about to leave Japan so there would be no point buying an additional scale for his place. I also don't want to bring my scale to his because of the busy Japanese trains! I do find it keeps me in check if I don't let the number mess with my head, if I have a bad day and see the increase I know I need to kick myself up the arse and get back on track!
Old 06-14-2014, 03:41 PM   #234  

Eeeek, have been eating so badly this week! Sandwich and fries for lunch everyday for the past week. Need to find some healthy places to eat around work, but I just cannot bring myself to eat green salads. I'll eat other veggies, but lettuce, I just can't take the texture and flavor.
But on the bright side I'm down 3 lbs from my last weigh in 3 weeks ago. Can't believe there's only 4 weeks left to the challenge! Highly doubt I'll be able to make up for the last few weeks and reach my goal in time.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:39 AM   #235  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

I need to get a new watch battery for my scale so I missed this week's weigh, but I DID need to get a new bathing suit for a graduation party yesterday. It's not a bikini (it's about the longest tankini I've ever seen--if I'm standing still with my arms down it looks like a one piece), but both parts ARE size 4. I've been in size 4 pants for over a year, but I have broad shoulders and a barrel chest, so tops are still usually on the cusp of Small and Medium.

I thought I'd need about an 8, so I drove the poor girl at the dressing room nuts for about 20 minutes trying to figure out the right size.
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:29 AM   #236  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

We're so close to the end! Here's week 11 chart, let's push it to the limit to the very end!

Old 06-20-2014, 12:51 PM   #237  

Finally weighed in today and WOAH -- I lost 4 lbs this week. You know what, I think I'm liking this new city life, I think I should stay here instead of going back to my school town!!!
I will admit, up until now the majority of my weight loss has been thanks to nutrition and getting my crazy pcos hormones in check. I dont currently have an established exercise routine, but earlier this year I decided to start taking the stairs rather than the elevator regularly. Now that I'm working this summer in a big city, I have been walking around most everywhere. I walk to work daily, and it is about a .6 mile walk to work. Powerwalking that 2x a day means I've been walking at least 1.2 miles a DAY! NO WONDER EVERYONE IS SO SKINNY HERE!!! ...Which has been a good thing, since it has been keeping my diet in check, and a terrible thing because my self esteem is below average currently.

But this is awesome! Now I'm wondering how I can incorporate more walking into my daily schedule once I go back to school in September.

I hope all of you have been having a good week!

Last edited by levoguette; 06-20-2014 at 12:53 PM.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:36 AM   #238  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

i need to be taken off standby 163
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:47 AM   #239  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Heyo! How is everyone doing??

I don't have a scale here so I don't think I'll be able to participate in this challenge to the very end...I will do my best to bring the scale I have to the boyfriends (which is pretty much where I'll be living for the next month) but if not then there'll be the Halloween challenge for my to really stick my teeth into!
Old 06-26-2014, 10:49 AM   #240  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Still stuck.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote