Old 02-13-2014, 04:03 PM   #1  

Default Food Allergy Elimination Fatigue? (Not wheat belly, but close).

Hi there, I just turned 25 last month. I've been an athlete my whole life (not a super athlete, but definitely active). In between activities, I've always struggled to keep weight off. Now I've zeroed in on a food allergy, which I've been told keeps me from eliminating food properly. Here is the long story short:

For about a year, I gained weight at a rapid pace...resulting in a total of 80 pounds in 1 year (well, actually less time than a year). Had a traumatic incident in January 2013. Attributed some weight gain to grief. But by April 2013 I was at 200 from 160...something had to change. And today, I am 224. (Highest was 234).

I cleaned up my diet which wasn't bad before, doubled exercise (not all in one day) but nothing worked. I went to two doctors, took a bunch of blood tests, and both wanted to put me on birth control and see what happened. (I didn't...hormones always came back fine...never seemed like a good idea). Actually, one accused me of binge eating. They were virtually no help.

Fast forward December 2013...went to a Chiropractor (all my pain was gone! I thought I hurt from the weight gain...turns out, hip was way out of place...haven't had pain since). She convinced me to do food allergy tests.

I have always thought you had to have hives and crazy stomach pain to be allergic to food (or intolerant...not sure of the correct terminology). But I was off the charts allergic to dairy, wheat, and some other things I was eating to be "healthier". (Eggs, bananas, peanuts, garlic).

Two and a half weeks into allergy elimination (started January 26) and I've lost 10 pounds. The first week I had headaches, diarrhea and other "withdrawal" symptoms.

My question is...have any of you taken out toxic foods? What was your experience? I can't find information on how long fatigue should last. I know everyone is different, but I'm feeling a little crazy being this tired. (Going to bed at 7/8...feelings like my limbs are heavy, really struggling at the gym). I've stopped heavy work outs, but I feel like I should keep walking, at the very least.

I feel so much better in other ways. My thinking is clearer, my moods stable, no food cravings. I haven't felt hungry, I'm eating lots of veggies, plus meat, fruit, rice...all in a 1500 calorie a day set. I just feel so tired!

Last edited by OneQuarterCentury; 02-13-2014 at 04:15 PM.
OneQuarterCentury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 243/seeticker/170

Height: 5'11

I have never looked into food allergies much because I am just generally non allergic to anything. I wonder if it would be a good idea to go see an allergist to just make sure I'm not eating the wrong things for my body... although, I did a juice fast earlier in January and I had a huge withdrawal from food as well. I was crazy tired, crazy nauseous and had lot of diarrhea. Maybe I should put that into perspective of the juice cleanse craze because when I read about juicing, the reactions to the cleanse part were never as severe as what I ended up running into.
paigeinabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:16 PM   #3  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

I have Dr. diagnosed food allergies.

Granted, they were diagnosed, many years ago. Some I outgrew, some not.

Chocolate, is the one I've never gotten over. Chocolate is the devil for me. gives me raging belly aches, and the "back door trots!"

Anything that ends in berry, I have to be careful. I can have a bit, but have to be careful.

Cherries, NOT!

After many years of knowing about food allergies, I know, that I can or cannot, eat this or that.

Mostly I don't because the stomach cramps are not worth the dang misery!

Thankfully, I did outgrow my allergy to tomatoes!

Just for me, an actual food allergy is way different than a food sensitivity.

The foods I'm allergic to, cause raging stomach cramps. Some might get hives, or the whole throat swells can't breath, etc.

Sensitivities, are something different.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote