Tall Twins to One-derland!

You're on Page 13 of 14
Go to
  • Is this group still accepting members? I'd love to join in.

I'm 28 years old, 5'6", SW 245, CW 245, GW 150-135 (Not really sure yet, never been that small since adulthood). Right now I'm counting calories and doing yoga, walking and light elliptical for workouts.
  • MonteCristo The more the merrier, hun!! Welcome
  • A big hello to you, MonteCristo !!

Hi ladies!! My past few weeks have been insane. We are gearing up for my twin sisters wedding next month, my semester ends at the end of this month and I have been working close to 40 hours each week.... This is the first week I only have 3 shifts as opposed to 9 shifts the past two weeks. I'm thankful for the spare time because I have needed it to write papers, study for exams, and to unpack and put my bedroom together finally since we moved a couple weeks ago.

I wanna share a photo with you guys if you don't mind. I'm very proud of myself and my progress. This is only after 6 weeks!!

I hope everyone is having a great start to April! I love this month and spring.

• paigeinabook Holy cow girl!!! You look GREAT! I can't believe that's only a six-week progression photo Keep it up! I have classes starting up in a few weeks, so I can understand the stress and pressure you are under currently, and I commend you for your drive and optimism. I can only hope that once my Fall semester starts I will be as dedicated and focused as you. If you ever want/need someone to just chat with, hit me up!

To everyone else, I hope y'all are having a fabulous week!!! Tax season is coming to an end, and I hope everyone is getting big, fat return checks!! (Bring on the ice cream!..jk, jk) I'm down to 227-- the lowest so far, which isn't much, but hey, it's a step! And I only plan on losing from here on out.

Take care everyone!!
  • Thanks so much SamanthaAngela! I have been really determined to hit my goals. School is rough.... I wish I could take a semester off... but I just want to FINISH. All of the people I started school with are graduating this semester and I still have a year left and ugh I hate college sometimes.
  • Same here, sorta. I should have graduated in 2012, but I dropped out in 2010. So now I'm doubling up (basically taking 2 yrs worth of classes in one). So I'm starting my last year this fall, and it's gonna be CRAAAAAAAAZY. lol, but if I can do it, so can you!!
  • Hey everyone! I know I've been MIA but that's because I was plateaued for a week or two there and also finals are right around the corner so everything has been insane.

I've also been dating and it's been an adjustment.

On top of all these things it's also been time to look for summer employment.

Anyways, two amazing things happened. I broke my plateau and hit 70lbs lost, but I also have been consistently doing alternating days of strength training and interval training for about two weeks.

I've never been this consistent before with exercise and it's making me very happy. I'm definitely noticing that I feel much better.

My plan was always to start doing consistent exercise, but being that I started at nearly 300lbs I figured I could focus on getting to a lower weight first. The amazing thing is that at this lower weight I just have the energy to workout naturally. I want to workout, whereas before it was so physically draining that just the thought of it made me tired and it was hard to even get started. It's still physically hard, but not right away and once I'm going I just finish a whole workout.

Another non-scale victory is that I ran a whole minute without stopping, at the end of an interval training routine. If you don't know what interval training is, it's kind of like the first few days of Couch 2 5k, except the intention is not to run the entire time, it's to run hard for 30 seconds and then walk for 90 seconds to 2 minutes.

I'm not sure if I ever want to be a distance runner so interval training is a good in between. I like running but I don't want to overdo it and stress my joints.

Anyways, things are going pretty good over here. I'll admit that plateau around 230lbs scared me a bit. My first big goal is coming up at Onederland and I desperately want to reach it this summer before going back for Fall semester. I know it's not good to put time limits of weight loss but it's just so do-able and it'd be really motivating for me.
  • Hey Twinnies!!

So I have had some NSV's these past few weeks and they have been great, and I am trying so hard to stay focused in spite of them . Now you may wonder how can success make you lose focus??? For me, it does--I get this kind of evil man who says I can skip workouts and eat a bit more because I did "good". So far I have done really good about shutting him down, but he is still there and that sucks....Anywho, it took over 40lbs but people are really starting to give my weight loss recognition! And you know how hard that is for tall people. I even had someone look at me and say "You're losing weight?? Is that intentional?", I almost laughed at that one. And clothes are fitting much better!! And yeah, I am getting to the point that shopping for some new stuff will no longer be an option--but a necessity, because while I consider myself sort of tom-boyish--loose fitting clothing gets kind of ridiculous after a point...

thewalrus0 I know you are excited about breaking that plateau! I found it so much easier to get out of the 220's than the 230's. CONGRATS ON YOUR PROGRESS!!!

I still have to catch up on reading the rest of the posts. Just jumping on after a workout.....
  • Hey guys!

I am still hanging around 223 and 224 but I've been consistently exercising and I hit a non-scale goal of another pant size lost!

I'm fitting solidly in size 16s and I couldn't be happier!

I'm really trying to get to 199lbs but I'm finally feeling like my hard work is getting some results.

I hope you're all doing great. Finals are the week after next and things are gonna be a little crazy but I think we can all do it!
  • Hi, Hi, Twins!!!

I have been holding my breath for the last few days, for a sudden woosh--I have not had one all this month! I guess I should be happy though, because I am seeing numbers on the scale I have not seen in so long. How is that I lose more patience as I lose the weight? Shouldn't it be that I learn to trust my body and its ability to shed the pounds, therefore building more patience???
    Anywho, I am thinking of instituting a monthly fit test, just so I can check on my progress--like on the same day I do my monthly measurements. I think it would be cool to have more definitive measures of fitness.
    Oh and guess what?? I have resolved that I will get back into split training, I want to be able to do a side and a front split . Awesome!!

thewalrus0 Fitting into a size lower is way better than scale loss!!--at least for me. I know you are excited!! There are some brands that loathe making anything near my size, and I want in that club sooo bad....not because I can't, but because I love love clothes!
  • Hi, Hi Twins!

I managed to stay under my cals today despite a recent uptick in my need to snack--which I have been indulging a little bit . I had a pretty good workout today too. I just wish I wasn't so fatigued afterwards. I bumped up the intensity about two weeks ago and it feels like it hasn't gotten any easier.
    I am also experiencing a nice shift downwards in my weight, no true woosh as of yet--so I am long overdue. Waiting for my moment....
  • Hey Twinnies!!

So I'm just about done with week 4 of my workout program and I am proud to say that I am actually really impressing myself . I am doing much better than when I started out. I am even inspiring myself to set and meet some new goals, but I am trying to keep myself grounded, because I certainly don't want to become overwhelmed. It is not as if what I am doing now is insufficient by any means. I just really want to be all the things I dreamed of, and I'm ready to cross some of these wishes off my list .
  • Hi Twinzies!

I had a great workout today, and I must say that it is days like this that make me proud of myself. I realize that I am faster, stronger, more flexible, and have much more endurance than old me , and that is amazing. I also managed to stay under cals, and treated myself to some ice cream .
    Today my roaming TOM reared its head earlier than expected, and that puts my crazy scale figures in perspective, and my snacking issues. Feels good to have something to blame. I am going to try and still workout tomorrow, although I usually give myself a day off in the middle of TOM.
  • Hey Twinnies!

I weighed in at new low today, and I am excited about how close I am to Onederland! I can see the finish line! ....Well...not really the finish line but you know what I mean .
    I also did my first of the month measurements, and discovered that I have lost inches all the way around. Yay! for that--but the most notable yay! is that I lost most in my waist area, which has always been my primary concern .
    So excited that May will be the last month I see 2 - - on my scale .
  • Hey Twinnies!!!

Knock Knock.

Who's there?

Onnnnnnederlaaaaaand!

Onederland Who??

Witch!! Don't act like we're strangers, you've been stalking me for months!!

Just kidding you know I WUUUV you!!

Holy Smokes Batman! I MADE IT! So yah yah, I'm happy, I mean I have 50lbs to go for goal, but I feel so excited about this landmark move and I'm going to pat myself on the back for a long while, because I deserve it. I hoped when I was 250 that I would get this far and I did. I never gave up on me and for that I am proud of myself. There were naysayers and people who had nothing but opinions about what I should be doing, but I DID IT MY WAY. And SUCCESS feels good. Today was definitely a love on MarliQQ day, and I am encouraging my twins to never forget to love on yourself and stay focused because YOU ARE WORTH IT! Love you guys .