Old 01-21-2014, 06:00 PM   #1  

Default Hey Y'all

I already posted this on the intro board, but I want to introduce myself to the fellow 20- somethings:
Hello everyone! I've been a member of these boards in the past, but I've only lurked around a couple of times and never really posted on here. I just want to introduce myself to everyone here. I have just relocated to Atlanta, GA within the past year and would like to become more dedicated to my weight loss journey in light of having a fresh start. When I initially moved here, I moved in with a relative who is a complete health nut (she is a deputy sheriff and her job entails duties that would require her to be in shape); living with someone who is so health concious enabled me to get my butt into gear and get into shape. I was able to lose 25 pounds the old-fashioned way by eating better and exercising, but slacked off once I found gainful employment and started working full time. I'm glad to say i haven't gained anything back, but I'm not losing the way I would if I were to exhibit the self discipline that I had a few months prior. I'm approaching my 27th birthday, and 30 is right around the corner; I want to get it "right and tight" before I hit that magic number where it becomes more and more difficult to drop the weight. I've been getting back to being serious about my weight loss journey for the past month and a half, but I notice that my friends, who are also trying to lose weight and get in shape, are not quite as invested as I am in making a healthy lifestyle change. I'm here to get some support from ladies who are in the same boat as I am and take their weight loss goals seriously. I am doing this first and foremost because I ant to be healthy. Heart disease and high blood pressure run on both sides of the family- I don't want to meet the same fate. I also want to get back into the dating pool in this new city; I feel that if I am in better shape, I will be much more confident and able to put myself out there. Lack of self confidence is just what has held me back thus far. I also want to be able to wear all the trendy new clothes; all of these retailers seem to think that curvy girls must not want to be stylish too. Anywho, I'm not very good at this self-selling stuff- so here I am! I'm fat and I'm ready to do something about it! Feel free to drop me a line about yourselves. I hope to make some new friends here!

Also, I'm on MyFitnessPal under the name Lexivenus, feel free to add me!
lexivenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:54 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Welcome. I'm rather new to the community too. (20, college student, trying to no longer be "the fat one")

grinchygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:57 PM   #4  

Thanks ladies, I'm just glad to be here and share this journey with other women who can relate!
lexivenus is offline   Reply With Quote