3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   29 Tomorrow, Onederland before 30! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/291502-29-tomorrow-onederland-before-30-a.html)

Silverfire 01-10-2014 09:48 AM

29 Tomorrow, Onederland before 30!

One year left until I am 30.

Holy crap. How did that happen?!

I can't keep living how I have been, or I will die, maybe not right away. But a whole lot sooner than I would like.

I'm kicking myself pretty hard for taking that 6 month "break" and putting back some of that weight I had worked so hard to get rid of. Seeing members that started nearly the same time as me last year and who are now looking so svelte and fit! (Looking at you IanG!!) is bittersweet. Had I stuck with it, I would be so so so much closer to my goal. Ugh!

So this is it, it has to be. I desperately do not want to be a 30-something that feels like a 60-something.

I think that the goal to lose about 70 lbs in a year is more than reasonable (If its quicker than that I will NOT complain ;) )

Here is to 2014 and to anyone else who is creeping up on that 30 number and it terrifies you, we've got this.

belovedspirit 01-10-2014 10:25 AM

Hear hear!
Happy (early) birthday!
7o lbs in a year is completely reasonable. You can do this. :)

I will be turning 30 in a few months. It's sure making me rethink my life, place in the world, and identity. What a whirlwind. I hope your 30th birthday finds you feeling energetic and youthful. But for now, I hope you enjoy 29! :)

Silverfire 01-10-2014 10:52 AM

Thanks beloved! Congrats on Onederland you are doing fantastic!!! I want 30 to be the best year yet! And I hope it's your best yet too :D :D

belovedspirit 01-10-2014 11:06 AM

Thanks! :D:D Let's make it awesome!! :D

Silverfire 01-10-2014 03:13 PM

I have the best mother in the whole world! I got home and found and spankin new fitbit force in my mail box. I am setting it up right now. This is just the extra kick in the pants I needed!!! I am so pumped!

OhThePlaces 01-11-2014 09:41 AM

Happy birthday! I bought my mom and I both Fitbits for Christmas and it has been so motivating! I'm a teacher, and now even my third graders ask how many steps I'm up to! :)

I'll turn 30 this May and it's definitely been the kick in the pants I've needed to get down to business. I haven't lost much of anything yet, but I already feel 10x better after eating well and exercising for a week.

Silverfire 01-12-2014 05:53 PM

Thanks OhThePlaces! Awesome that you and your mom are doing it together :)

I felt like I had a lot longer to go until 30. Time flies!

Rashomon 05-01-2014 03:20 PM

I'm sort of in the same boat. I turn 30 in about a year and a half and knowing that it's going to be even tougher to lose weight in my 30s, I want to be maintaining by then. It's about a 120-130lb. weight loss and I think it's doable.

MrsDeenz 05-02-2014 02:50 PM

My 30th is in a month and I know I'm not making it but that's fine. I'm happy with ringing in my 30th at a lesser weight than I was at 29 (which I almost am). Now, to ring in 2015 at goal weight… that's what I want to do :)

Riestrella 05-04-2014 06:29 AM

You can do it! We miss you in the Pyramid thread, come back and let's kick this weight off forever!!