Old 05-19-2014, 12:09 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

Rie-I really like the dress with the cap sleeves, I think that would be very flattering on you So glad the scale is finally moving down for you! You're right about the weight/scale stuff(you always are!) You know, I still have some trouble areas that I know are only going to go with more fat loss so I think I'm going to continue on for now. I have decided though that as soon as I reach goal I'm going to do a bulk for 6 months to build up more muscle. Great job completing your exercise goal! Add me on mfp! I'm dorothyrobbins9, I'm excited since I just hit my 90 day streak! You really seem like you're getting a good handle on this lifestyle, especially with how you were able to pace yourself and stay pretty within calories when you went out this weekend! I think the way you're managing your blogs makes a lot of sense. I love reading your ramblings lol Unfortunately it is a required class. Ugh only 2 more weeks of this ****....

Weekend was great! Went to the beach on sat and wore my new super tiny bikini(as evidenced by my new avatar) my bf convinced me to buy I felt a little self conscious at first bc I felt like it was sooo small and got paranoid that people were staring at me and judging me but I eventually got over it We didn't eat out this weekend! That was a huge victory. Also went for a 4 mile hike on sunday.
I got my first reward! A super cute yellow dress from ebay(so was super cheap ) I will make sure to post a pic when it gets here! I REALLY need new clothes though. I decided against the bra bc I just didn't feel like going through the whole bra buying hassle/torture.

I made both my goals this week! I ended up hiking 3x and strength 2x so actually exceeded my exercise goal again. I think I've finally got a decent enough handle on the weekends so I will breeze through the rest of phase 5. It sure took a while though

Going to the pool at my school tomorrow, I've never been and am excited!

Have a great week guys! And milesaway, don't forget to check in!
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:54 AM   #197  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Howdy!

So I've decided to spend the week at my boyfriends as per my "stay at my own place 3 days a week to save food money" rule. I've been stressing out a bit about money recently, I really needed to step back and think "you are WAY better off than most people, you have a tonne of savings just in case, life is NOT money... so relax!" I'm definitely not ready to just pretend like I have an endless pot of money, but I'm also learning to not fret if I end up spending a bit more than expected. I want to be happy after all!

Exercise goals have been going great! I did a strength workout today doing Blogilates videos. I think they're awesome for people who can do them, but I find myself getting put off since my balance is terrible! I also like lifting weights, I feel the pain is more satisfying in a way? BUT I don't have dumbbells at my boyfriends place so I have to do something. Definitely worked up a sweat and got out of breath, so can't complain. That is workout 1 of 3 for week 2 of phase 3!

My Nutrition goal is keeping me on my toes. Definitely need to go shopping and buy something that isn't just bread...it's so bad I know but I am doing my best to stick within my calorie limit even if the food I do eat isn't the best. I also completed week 1 of 3 for phase 3! Huzzah!

I think once I complete phase 3 exercise I'm going to treat myself to a summer hat. I really like the fedora straw hats I've been seeing a lot of girls wearing these days, so I think I'll get one of those. My boyfriend said he thinks I'd suit one, which is an added bonus. I would never not wear something just because my boyfriend doesn't like it, but it's always nice to know he thinks I look nice! One of my friends used to always wear matching lingerie because that's what her (now ex) boyfriend liked. Most of my underwear has animals on, I'm such a big kid!

------------

Dott - My only pyramid buddy! Thank goodness you're still here helping me keep this challenge alive!! Where are you milesaway? . Oh man, as much as I would love to add you on MFP you would really put me to shame! I'm actually kinda embarrassed at how unhealthy my diet can be at times! Hehe, thanks so much for checking out my blogs! You'll sigh to hear that I've moved my Unclassified Girl blog back to Blogger >_>. Tumblr just wasn't cutting it for me! CONGRATS ON SMASHING YOUR GOALS! You're so awesome! No worries how long it took, the important thing is you got there. From the teeny tiny picture in your profile I can say the bikini looks super sexy on you. I know this sounds strange, but I find it absurd you'd feel paranoid wearing a bikini with your rocking body! I mean, it's cute in a way that you felt weird about it, one should always remain humble after all. But I'm glad you were able to feel confident, you definitely deserve it with all the hard work you put into weight loss. Wow, I salute you for not eating out this weekend! That's pretty unheard of in my life right now haha. Can't wait to see your dress! Sounds so summery. I think I will reward myself with a bikini when I complete Phase 4! Just in time for my holiday to Spain methinks!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:54 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

I'm here I'm here!

I'm really struggling at the moment. Not just with my weight loss, but with everything. I feel like such a failure. Every day I tell myself I'll get better, I'll try harder, be more positive, stop procrastinating, etc etc. But at the end of every day I go to bed feeling like I'm totally useless. Sorry to rant, I know it's no fun reading about someone else being miserable! I'm trying so hard to hide it but not really succeeding. If I could just learn to keep quiet and stop moaning, I'm sure things would be better. I'm just so angry at myself all the time, I'm rubbish at concealing it! My poor bf has to put up my crying and / or yelling every day and he doesn't know what to do, it's not fair on him so I really need to learn to hide my emotions more and keep them inside where it doesn't affect the people I care about.

OK, ridiculous self-pitying stuff aside, I've been off the wagon for days. I can't remember how much water I drank on Friday or Saturday last week, and I think I only reached 1.8l rather than 2l on Monday so I've failed Phase 1 of nutrition again. I only had 1 extra session of activity as well last week, so technically I've re-failed phase 1 of exercise. I never got round to taking pictures or measurements either, so I definitely failed week 1 of phase 2.

I'm going to Belfast with my team on Friday, so I won't be making my own food. I'm playing in the B Team and the A Team game as well, so I'll need to keep energy up by snacking. I won't have access to a computer either so won't be tracking for a few days (I've not been tracking this week because I forgot yesterday and Monday) Monday is a national holiday here in the UK and I'm flying back in the afternoon, so I'll get back to 'normal' on Tuesday. I'm really, really, really going to try and succeed at drinking my water, getting in my 2 extra activity sessions and completing my measurements next week. I just need to find some self control from somewhere.

OK, time to catch up on personals:

Rie I've only ever seen Jillian Michaels on The Biggest Loser and I really don't like her on that, but she does look good, so maybe I'll check out that workout! She can't yell at me from a book. I must read your blogs at some point. I keep trying to start writing one, but as you see I'm terrible at finding time to post on a forum let alone keep a blog updated! I'm also useless with technology so actually setting it up is hard enough. I'll get there one day.

I'm glad you're enjoying keeping a scrapbook. It'll be great to look back over in a few years I think I started one about 15 years ago then gave up like I do with everything. I tend to hold on to gig tickets still though. Maybe one day I can stick them all together somewhere. My latest hobby is making necklaces. I really enjoy it, and I'm thinking of maybe setting up an Etsy page sometime in the future to sell them, depending on how well they turn out obviously! I'm starting on a really intricate one at the moment, when it's done I'll try and remember to post a picture.

I read your post about making sweet and sour chicken and meant to reply, because I had just made sweet and sour pork that day too! I also didn't have many ingredients so I just made it up. It tasted amazing! It was fairly healthy too, as I only used a couple of teaspoons of dark brown sugar to sweeten it and it was stir fried rather than deep fried with lots of veg. I love cooking but I'm terrible at following recipes, I like making stuff up.

Those dresses are really cute! And amazing about your folks saying they'll come out to witness the ceremony, I'm sure it'll make it seem even more special, even though it's not the big event!

Way to go on your fitness and nutrition goals. It definitely seems like you're managing to make small changes that are becoming part of your lifestyle, which is the ultimate goal. Keep up the good work! I stress about money way too much as well, so I can relate there. You've got your head screwed on so just remind yourself that you're smart and you know how to plan, you've got an emergency fall back (that SO many people don't have) and you deserve to enjoy life, you only live it once!

p.s. I LOVE wearing matching underwear. If I could afford it I'd do it every day.

Dott

I don't think I've ever succeeding in anything to warrant a reward or incentive! It's a good idea though, I just need to find something that will work.

Sorry to hear your course is awful. At least it's not for very long. I keep meaning to force myself to study and take my accountancy exams. They're so dull, and it's definitely not what I *want* to do, but I have no idea what else to do with my life so I really should try and progress in this career if I can somehow make myself learn again!

How did the swim go? You look amazing in your bikini You're smashing your goals, you deserve to show off! Can't wait to see the new dress. Once I get my butt in gear I'll join you on mfp.

Right, it's taken me all day to write this so I'm going to leave now and try to have a good practice tonight and leave all my negativity at home. Or somewhere else. Sorry again for the rant, I'm sure I'll snap out of this phase soon. Fingers crossed.

Hump day is over. HURRAH!
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:53 PM   #199  
Katherine

S/C/G: 283/280/172

Height: 5'10

Hey you guys! I promised myself I would get back on track once my crazy semester had ended, but I haven't been able to yet. I'm not sure what it is. My sleeping schedule has been completely off this last week and that hasn't helped at all. I worked two 12 hr overnight shifts last week and it completely messed me up and I haven't been able to get back on a normal schedule. I end up being awake until 4 or 5 in the morning and then sleeping until 2 in the afternoon. And that completely messes with meals too. I'm hungry at weird and unexpected times. Hopefully this weekend I will be able to get back to my normal sleeping patterns. I have plans during the day so I'll have to be awake for them so hopefully I'll get home in the evening and just crash at a decent time. Until then, I am going to completely revamp my pyramid. I'm going to start back up on Saturday with luck. I decided to keep my pyramid a little more basic since I am trying to climb back on the wagon. I don't want to bite off too much and completely fall back off again. I do want to incorporate some sort of exercise everyday though. So I am thinking of ways I can get like 20 minutes of activity in and have it be varied.

Milesawaygirl: I've felt that way too lately and it has been very hard to focus on weight loss. I've been off plan for so long it's been kinda hard for me to figure out where to start. I think I am really going to sit down and think about it, and come up with a new pyramid for myself to get back on track.

Dott: OMG! You look great as always in the avatar picture!

Rie: I am really interested in the yoga videos you have been posting. I am going to try one this weekend and I am thinking I might work it in to my new pyramid once I make it.
kailpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:41 PM   #200  

themilesawaygirl- Please try not to be so down on yourself and talk so bad about yourself. You are not a failure at all. I really think you try to do too much at once and then get overwhelmed. I would urge you to make VERY small goals. Like waking up at a certain time, logging on here once a day(when you have internet access of course) ect. You DO have self control and discipline, look at all the meets you go to! I'm sure your sport takes a lot of self control and practice. I think rewards as incentives start out with you not really changing that much(like a very very small thing, for me that was not eating out sat or sunday, my calories were still out of control but I didn't eat out which honestly wasn't that difficult for me) and then you get the reward and it builds up your confidence and you realize change is possible. You can and will get this! From your posts its obvious to me that you are an intelligent, kind, and capable person, you'll figure it all out eventually. Regarding the swim-I didn't get to go! Pool was closed I strength trained and got out my old stationary bike instead. Thanks for the kind comments

Kailpea-That schedule does suck....I really hope you're able to get back to a normal sleeping cycle soon! I think revamping is a great idea and I especially like that you're going back to basics goal wise I remember my first fitness goal was 15 min per day-I did body weight exercises and short youtube videos to get it in mainly. And thanks! I was so surprised my bf actually was able to take a good photo of me lol.

Rie-Money always stresses me out too, I think you're coming to a healthy relationship with it though-not stressing too much but also not spending too much I'm really bad with money! haha Great job with your goals! I know ideally we want our calories to be from healthy items, but if the goal is weight management then really as long as you stay within your calories you should be fine. I totally think the type of hat you described would really fit you I can't wear hats at all, my head is too big! Underwear-I wish I could wear matching underwear everyday! I admit to having the habit of changing my underwear to my bf at the times preferences At least my bf now likes thongs bc that's what I like the most too. He also likes very simple lingerie which is good bc I can't afford anything beside the basics I'm glad milesaway and kailpea are back, I think people might be turned off since its been going for a while and be afraid of jumping in? Also the fact that its not weight loss based probably is less desirable to some. I honestly think just losing weight is much easier then reaching these goals! Its hard to change your life like this. MFP-don't be ridiculous! I eat unhealthy sh!t all the time and I honestly never even look at people's diaries. I'm also over my calories pretty much every day haha But I do log in everyday and track my calories and like everyones posts Aw thanks I still see lots of flaws though, and probably always will. I've had body dysmorphic disorder most of my life to be honest(have been diagnosed) so I do tend to be pretty self conscious, although it does go in phases. Lately I've been in a more insecure type of phase. I was most secure actually when I was 160s-180s oddly enough. You should totally get a new bikini! Are you still thinking of the red one you posted a while back? I remember thinking that one was really pretty. I must say, I'm a tad jealous of all your traveling! I've heard spain is amazing, you must post lots of pictures when you go

I've been feeling a little under the weather. Not sure what it is. I've lost more weight(although I'm not sure how or why). Yesterday I dropped into the 130s at 139.6 and today I was at 138.6. It's a little surreal honestly. I'm happy of course, just confused Eating is ok, but not great. Since yesterday I've been going through phases of nausea and extreme hunger pains no matter how much or how little I eat. Doesn't seem to matter. Also had a migraine yesterday which was very odd. My stomach feels wobbly in general. I have lost a teeny bit of inches which is cool(care way more about those then lbs anyways).
Do you guys find those tests online for frame size to be accurate for yourselves at all? They seem to be wildly off for me. I've noticed a lot of people seem to have an easier time deciding on their goal weight once they understand their frame size, but my wrist measurement puts me at an extremely small frame size(my wrist is 5.25 in). Bleh so confusing I mean, I'll look at people and it will be obvious that yes they look better at a larger weight and they obviously have a larger frame size or vice versa for smaller frame sizes. Sorry, just rambling!
Getting very excited for my trip this weekend! I still need to pack and plan out my outfits and junk. I will make sure to come back with lots of photos to post
Old 05-23-2014, 03:03 AM   #201  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hello everyone! So awesome to see this thread active with many different people!

Not much is new with me on a personal level. Been having a nice week at my boyfriends, but he's working so I tend to just laze around in the daytime. I've been getting back into the terrible habit of sleeping way too much. Need to snap myself out of it!

Exercise has continued to progress for week 2, I did workout 2 of 3 this week. I ran for 3 whole miles, the longest run I've been on since the 10K I did last December. I thought I sucked hard, was expecting an 11 min/mi + pace but I was stoked to see I did it with a 10:48 min/mi pace! So very happy with that.

Nutrition has been going well - mainly because my goal is to literally count calories. I think I might tweak my next goal to stay within a certain range but that's gonna be so hard! So I might implement my "eat a certain amount of fruit/veg a week" goal a bit further forward. So many choices!

Like I mentioned in my last post - my Phase 3 completion reward will be a new hat. I told my boyfriend about it and he said "I'll buy you the hat if you complete your goal" what a sweet heart! So now I have more of an incentive to stick with it, gotta love free stuff!

---

milesaway - BIG HUG! I know how you feel, I've been there many times. You say that you feel useless, not just with weight loss, how come? What is it in your life that you feel like you're not achieving? For weight loss we can give you loads of advice, but to help you on a personal level let it all out and tell us what's up. Sometimes it's really good to just get it out in the open, even if it is to a bunch of people on a forum! I completely agree with Dott, you should tweak your goals!! Don't think of it as you failing, just admit that things are harder than you anticipated - that's completely ok!! I've changed my goals loads, as you can see I'm even in the process of completely changing my nutritional goals. But you've been stuck on the same phase for a long time, it's time you re-evaluated, cut yourself some slack and think of some easier challenges. Have an awesome weekend in Belfast, I hope to hear all about it on Tuesday!
Yeah, Jillian Michaels really divides peoples' opinions. I like her, mostly, I think she can be a bit chummy with her exercise partners in her workout videos. It's like never mind them, what about ME! I'm probably going to post up a picture of my strength workout that I got from her book on my blog, so I'll make sure to link you to it when I do. Making a blog can be really simple, but can get a bit finicky if you care about how it looks. But if you want, I can help you with setting one up. I'm already really excited to show my best friends the scrapbook, because most of the pictures are of them! So I'm sure they'll have fun looking through it. They've already seen the pictures on my bedroom wall, but I'm sure they'll like flipping the pages through time! Unfortunately I glued my gig tickets into diaries that I kept as a teen, so unless I want to pry it out of those diaries I don't have anything like that from my years of gigs! Wow, I really respect people who can make jewelry. Please link me to any Etsy page you make! Freaking love that site...I've bought a few things from it in my time!
Thanks! It took me a while to get back on track, I really lost my way since January, while I did get back track with exercise in April it's only been recently that I've felt a good balance of focusing on exercise and diet. I always work very slowly, despite being an insanely impatient person, but I know that once I ease my way into things then it'll work out better for me in the long run. I guess I don't wear matching underwear because I can't afford to own many bras! I'm a 34 GG so I have to go to Debenhams (my own personal ****) and try on a million different bras to see which one will fit. They're about £20-£30 EACH so I don't fancy forking out for the matching underwear!!

kailpea - Great idea on revamping your pyramid, that's definitely wise if you're getting back on the wagon! I'm sure having day plans will get you out of your weird sleeping routine, I know how you feel since I'm in the same boat right now. Thanks for checking out my blog!

Dott - Well, like I said to milesaway, I can't really afford matching underwear. And you know what? One time I forked out a lot of pennies for a matching red bra/underwear set thinking he would love it. When I showed him, he looked at me for like 10 seconds then just took it off for sexy time! I mean, it WORKED the way I wanted it to but I felt like saying "NO! LOOK AT ME FOR LONGER!" After reading your post and feeling better about sharing with you my shame, haha, it said that I have to have you either on Facebook or your email to add you. Very odd you can't just find someones username... I've heard about body dysmorphia before. I think I've experienced something like it before, though definitely not to the extreme. Sometimes I physically feel a lot bigger than I actually am. I went through a phase of buying clothes too big for me because that's what I thought I would fit into, it took me a long time to allow myself to realise that I had lost a couple of dress sizes! 90% of the time it's just a nice surprise to feel bigger than I am, but 10% of the time it can really hurt my confidence. Wellll, I was thinking of that red one but I think I've changed my mind! I already have a red bikini, so I looked at this one instead. I think it would go with simple black bottoms, which I can easily find instead of trying to find the right shade of red for the bottoms. Saves me money, and I really this this one! I'm sooo lucky that I'm able to travel so much. My parents have been super amazing and are paying my way for me to go to Spain since it's a family holiday. I will of course contribute something to the food while I'm there, but I know not everyone gets to go abroad. My parents are very much the work hard play hard type people, they both work full time but will spend their money on holidays. I've actually been to the place we're going to in Spain before, it's nice! I don't think we'll be doing more travelling, very much a pool/beach holiday.
Sorry you've been feeling under the weather =(. If it keeps up for a while I'd really suggest going to the Doctor, those symptoms aren't just a typical under the weather bug but could be a sign of something that needs seeing to. I'm not one to rush to the doctor when I feel sick, but if I really don't know why I'm feeling a certain way then I would go. But, wow, YOU'RE IN THE 130'S!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! I feel like each time I post I'm congratulating on something awesome you've achieved!! I bet you feel sooo stoked to be in the 130's, I know I would be! I've honestly never really considered my body frame in relation to my goal weight, is there a particular website you've been looking at that calculates that? Would be very interested to see!

Last edited by Riestrella; 05-23-2014 at 03:04 AM.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:10 PM   #202  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Good morning everyone!

Sorry to post twice in a row, but I'm so impatient waiting to hear about how you're all doing and to update you on my weekend! Forgive me! So this weekend I went back to my apartment, this time with boyfriend in tow, for movie night. This time it was my turn to pick the film so I chose Lars and the Real Girl. It's one of my favourite films, I'm so glad that everyone enjoyed it. That night we had Dominos pizza...I had literally sworn myself off it but ended up getting in on the order and having half of a large =/. I'm so weak when it comes to those choices! My flatmate decided not to have pizza and had a pasta salad instead. I was kinda annoyed at her for some reason...I think maybe it's because she can just naturally have that self restraint that I struggle to have. I was thinking at the time "why is she being so awkward? Just have some friggin' pizza!" But really is was just that I was annoyed at myself for not opting for something healthier. I could have said no to pizza and got something else, but I didn't. Do you ever find yourself being annoyed at healthier people?! Despite not eating much in the day to prepare myself for the calories that were in the pizza I was WAY over my calorie goal. Like 1000+. It has by far been the worse day I've had in a long time.

The next day my boyfriend woke up and wanted greasy food to help with his hangover, so we went to McDonald's and had a meal there =/. What a terrible weekend for food! We were initially only going to get fries, but at the last second I said I wanted a combo meal. Ugh, I'm so weak! BUT despite this hiccup I was really restrained for the rest of the day and I actually stayed under 1400 calories! I was really struggling at the end of the night, I felt like I wasn't full but it was my punishment for eating sh!t! If I'm going to be stupid and go to McDonald's then I will have to suffer the hunger pangs later in the day. It's insane how much calories are in those meals, it's just not worth eating when it's not even going to fill you up for later.

This morning I weighed in and I noticed that my scale is broken!! Well, it's not zeroing, so I THINK it's still ok if I just subtract the 0.8 lbs that it reads when nothing is on it. The morning after pizza I was up to 167 lbs, but that was before realising there was a problem, so this morning I weighed in at 164.6 lbs! Woohoo! I'm really happy that my weight is going down and that I'm finally less than my starting weights for this challenge and the bikini ready challenge. I'm also, according to my ticker, past the half way point for my overall goal!

Exercise has been going swimmingly - I completed week 2 out of 3 for phase 3!

Nutrition has also been fine, I've been staying accountable even on the terrible days. I really feel that without counting calories I would have gone way over again yesterday, so it's been really helpful and I saw a loss this morning so I'm happy!

I also wrote up a blog post: my plan for losing weight in 2014. It's got pictures of my charts, my strength training chart (milesaway I think you were interested in seeing it?) and general ramblings about why I'm doing what I'm doing.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:31 PM   #203  

Rie-sorry for the absence! I went away this weekend and GOT ENGAGED!!! I know if I plan on being unhealthy, I get annoyed when someone decides to not partake. Not very annoyed, but a little irked, especially if we were planning on getting pizza or something and at the last minute they decide on just eating a salad and leaving me with all the pizza. I'm glad you realized that the fast food isn't worth it since for all the calories it doesn't fill you up, but I don't think "punishing" yourself with hunger at the end of the day is very healthy either. I understand you wanted to stay within your calories, but don't think of hunger as a punishment.
Congrats on getting over halfway to goal and getting below your start weights! Great job staying on plan with your goals in general. LOL at the matching underwear, I kind of feel the same way too about lingerie, its so expensive but doesn't stay on for very long haha
Here's a body frame standard using write measurement. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...ages/17182.htm
That suit is really cute, I think I like it better then the other one you posted, although they're both nice
I tend to do the same thing with clothing sizes! I feel like I have no idea what size my body is sometimes...

Well I had an AMAZING weekend My boyfriend took me on a romantic getaway up the coast and we stayed at incredible places and went on some great hikes and walks. On sunday we went to the most beautiful preserve and were hiking along a ridge and I stopped for a small break to take in the view of the ocean on a redwood trunk and he got a ring box out of his jacket and got on one knee and proposed! I almost died! It was so perfect and I'm so happy he did it somewhere I truly enjoy(in nature). Was a beautiful moment and one I will cherish always. I was all sweaty and kind of gross though lol I'll still post some pics though. I feel so surreal about it all honestly. I also feel like a real "adult" now haha
Eating was terrible this weekend though. But I really didn't care. We had some amazing delicious food. Saturday we went to this very cute fancy restaurant and shared grilled artichoke for an appetizer and I had the panang curry with pineapple chutney. It was the richest curry I've ever had! Then I had a ton of pudding for dessert Sunday I ate A LOT. Just tons of junk while on the road And for dinner went to the most delicious chinese place I've been to in years. Seriously, its so hard to find good chinese food and this stuff was amazing. Also split a bottle of wine with my fiance(eek totally not used to that yet!) after dinner. Monday I ate very light throughout the day, but for dinner I made us chili cheese dogs(mine were vegan and gluten free but still really good!) and had some chips and wayyy too many gf oreos Yeah, I don't regret it at all though. It was all yummy food and it was my engagement weekend/vacation. So now I'm back on track, and probably need to lose a lb or two from this weekend, but I'm sure I'll get off any excess weight in no time

Obviously I failed my nutrition challenge, but am good for exercise! One day I'll get past this stupid nutritional challenge 5

I'll be doing a blog post with many more pictures soon, but here's a few
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Small Ring.jpg (32.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Small me and mike.jpg (50.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg small cambria.jpg (54.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg small big sur.jpg (55.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg small happy me.jpg (49.2 KB, 6 views)
Old 05-27-2014, 03:46 PM   #204  
Katherine

Dott Congrats on the engagement! Were you expecting it over the weekend, or was it random? Do you have a date in mind? And who cares if you were terrible on the nutrition over the weekend! You were celebrating!

Rie I go through phases of being really cold with my eating choices and really bad. Lately I have just been completely bad. Luckily, I don't have many friends who are inherently good at making awesome nutritional choices. I'm probably the one they all hate when I am on my "I'm going to be good" phase. I just wish I could be on that phase more often! I've had so many bad meals this weekend. My husband and I went to a movie and we sat in the Balcony area of the theatre which is 21+ and you can order a full meal and alcohol up there and then we went out for ice-cream later. =/ Then This morning I was starving and rather than just cooking breakfast, we went out for a big traditional greasy breakfast. And it was delicious, but I don't even want to think about the calories!

I weighed myself for the first time since the beginning of the month and I've gained 6 lbs. It was really depressing. I am hoping that since I weight shortly after eating a massive breakfast, that has something to do with it. But after seeing that I decided to go the gym after work. I am still trying to figure out a good plan to go by. And what goals I want to start focusing on. Rie I saw your plan on your blog, and I like the idea of it! I know I want to try to do some sort of exercise everyday, but I am not sure how to go about making a plan for myself. I am also considering alternating my weeks focus between nutrition and exercise. But I'm not sure. I am still trying to formulate it all in my head! I went ahead and used Google calendar to schedule all of the things I have to get done in the day during the summer. I have my Summer class in there, work, Time to study for my nursing entrance exam (I've committed to 10 hrs a week to that) and also time to work out. Working out on Tuesdays/Thursdays are going to be tough for me. But I think if I put something easy like walking for 20 minutes or doing X amount of crunch, planks, squats, etc, I can get it done. We'll see though I am going to try to have a rough plan done by the start of the month. I have a problem with new beginnings! I either want to start them on a Monday or on the first day of the month! I know it's silly, but I always already feel as though I have failed a week if I don't start on a traditional "start day."
Old 05-28-2014, 05:22 AM   #205  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hello everyone! So today I weighed in at 163.5 lbs!! That's a 2 lb drop from last weeks official weight! Woohoo!

Exercise - Week 3/3 Workout 1/3 complete! I did a strength workout, I was sweating my arse off by the end. It's so funny how I always start strength workouts thinking it's not really going to get my heart rate up, but then by the end of Circuit 3/5 I'm sweating like crazy. Such a great work out, but I really wish I had heavier dumbbells. I only have 1.5 kg ones, but there's no point buying any before I leave Japan so will have to make do.

Nutrition - Been going very well recently, I've been also keeping up with my previous phases too so I'm really happy. I've been drinking loads of water now the temperature is rising, I've also been cooking meals too which is a no brainer in my life now that I'm not living alone. Today marks week 2/3 complete for Phase 3. Just one more week of counting calories then the real challenge begins!

I did something sad today...I made a page on my blog dedicated to all my weekly weigh ins. It was actually REALLY interesting to see how my exercise correlated to weight loss. I also worked out that this week is my 100th week of staying accountable with weighing in! Woah...so crazy...Congrats to me?! Click here to see it!

-----------

Dott - REWRFHSELKWIJWOHEIWCONGRATULATIONS!!!!! OH MY GAHD I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU! What a wonderful way to propose to you...I'm so jealous! That's really how I wanted to be proposed to, by complete surprise in nature! The pictures you took are really cute <3. The ring is stunning too, very much my type of engagement ring. What an incredible weekend you had, I'm not surprised you let loose and had lots of junk food, I know I would!
I think I worded my post a bit weird, I completely understand your concern about self punishment and I completely agree! I failed to mention that the hunger pangs I were having was purely for junk food! I had a healthy dinner (cous cous stuffed peppers) so the hunger I felt was purely for the chocolate I knew was in the fridge! I appear to be a medium frame size and according to the first website I visited my goal weight is 127-141 lbs. I can agree with that! My goal is 130 lbs, I'd rather be more towards the lower end of the range than balancing on the higher end!

kailpea - I can definitely relate, I have a bad habit of eating crap! I think it's all down to willpower at this point. You know what's good for you, you just have to eat it. My friends, despite all being really thin, will happily eat a 3 course meal. It's nice because I feel like they can enjoy food AND still be healthy. I only have 2 friends I can think of who are really picky about what they're eating, and it's always bugged me! Honestly though, what's really helped me is counting calories. Now I know what the bad food really means in regards to my calorie limit it really puts me off eating bad often. I still enjoy food, but I definitely limit what I eat now I'm back to counting calories. If you're not already, why not count calories too?
Your weight gain was no doubt affected by your big breakfast! I always weigh naked first thing in the morning, it makes a huge difference. Completely understand your feelings on starting fresh at the beginning of the week! I did that so many times. I would always recommend starting asap, what time like the present? But I really do understand the feeling. Sounds like you've got a crazy schedule, you should really start back into weight loss slowly! Doing even 20 minutes of exercise 3 x a week is a fine place to start. I know I failed majorly when I planned way too much at once, so really go easy on yourself.

Last edited by Riestrella; 05-28-2014 at 05:23 AM.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:55 PM   #206  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone, I'm can't believe I'm saying this but my boyfriend broke up with me. He said that he couldn't go through with getting married, that something didn't feel right so he didn't want to go into it if he felt something was wrong. I'm just so shocked, I can't even cry. I can't believe it's over...12 years of friendship and 4 years of being together. I honestly thought we'd be together forever, how stupid of me.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:42 AM   #207  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Oh Rie, I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm terrible with the right words to say in times like this, but just try to remember that everything happens for a reason. He might just be panicking about the thought of marriage, I know it's a pretty scary thing for a lot of people. You've been friends for such a long time I'm sure you can work through this somehow. The way you were talking about getting married seemed like it wasn't ideal for you either, it might just be that this is what's not feeling right to him and once he's realised that's where this feeling is coming from he might realise what an idiot he's been and that he's just scared and reacting terribly. Whatever happens I'm sure you can get through this. You're such a strong person and you deserve to be happy. Thinking of you
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:03 AM   #208  
Katherine

Oh no Rie! I am so sorry. =( I am not sure I have any good words of advice, but just know that we all hope you can work it out. Hopefully, MilesAway is right, and he is just afraid and if not, I hope that after such a long friendship you can salvage it. Thinking about you!
Old 05-31-2014, 12:03 AM   #209  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone, thank you SO much to reaching out to me and sending me your love and support. Even though we don't each other in person, it still meant a lot.

So the day we broke up I just left feeling lost and confused. It really came out of nowhere, it just didn't make any sense. If things hadn't been going well for a while and we had both acknowledged it as such, it wouldn't be so shocking, but I literally felt nothing had been amiss. It was because of this that I insisted that we speak in person, he broke up with me over the phone (it had initially started as just a talk and then ended up that way) and he said he hadn't intended to break up with me but it just seemed to come up. I went over to see him so we could talk privately and we managed to work things through. There were a lot of problems that we both weren't addressing, or just ignoring, so we talked every little thing out and came to the decision that we're going to make things work.

The biggest change is that he's going to stay in Japan until next year. It hurts to think about going back to distance, we did it for 7 months once and it was horrible, but we did make it then so I hope we can make it now. Staying in Japan to finish his school year is really important to him, so I agreed to him staying only if he visited me for a while in that time away. So there's a chance that he'll be staying at mine for Christmas, but we'll see.

I'm still a bit hurt and upset that he ended up walking away, he said to me that even though I probably won't believe him he was going to call me and talk to me about things after. The reason we were able to sit down and talk was because there was some hope that we could fix things. I feel a bit stupid because I told my closest friends and even rang my parents in the UK at 6am to tell them. They were going to be rearranging my flight to go home earlier so I didn't have to stay in Japan. People are telling me that they're happy we're sorted it, but they're worried about me considering what happened. I'm going to be careful, if things just don't seem to be working and when the time comes to plan our marriage/move to New York he's still hesitant then I'm going to have to be the one to walk away. I can't keep fighting for a relationship that he's not fully committed to. Things still feel a bit up in the air because of how soon after it's been since we came through this horrible situation, but I want to make it work so if he does too then I think we're going to be ok.

So we shall see. I love him, he means the world to me, I honestly was so utterly lost about what to do with my life when I thought it was over so I really want to see things through. But I have to be brave and face the fact that it might just not turn out the way I thought.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:17 AM   #210  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Howdy ho everyone!

So it's Sunday and things are really looking up after such an awful Thursday. Things felt a bit weird for a few days between my boyfriend and I. But we managed to communicate and work through the remaining issues. Things are really looking up, I'm more hopeful about the future of our relationship than I was the day after it happened. I was worried that his feelings for me had changed, so we talked about it and he assured me that it wasn't the case. I won't go into all the details, I'm sure it's pretty boring by now! But I just wanted to let y'all know that we're getting back on track and things are good.

But anywhoot, I'm here to boast about my achievements!

Exercise - I completed phase 3!!! Woohoo! I worked out 3 x a week for 3 weeks! This week was a close call, I worked out on Tuesday but then didn't work out a second time until Saturday. So instead of giving myself a break I pushed myself to work out today too. Man today's workout kinda sucked, it was just a 2 mile run but my pace was really sluggish. Think it was because I was dehydrated/not well rested/hadn't ate very well. But I did it, which meant, I GOT MY HAT!

Sorry for the bad webcam picture, but there it is! It took a while of hunting through the sweltering Shibuya streets but I found this bad boy in Forever 21. I'm really happy with it, my boyfriend held up his end of the bargain he proposed and bought it for me. Free hat, yay!

Nutrition just got 3 days to go of counting calories until I move on to phase 4. Still not sure what to do, whether to be strict with calories or try and incorporate a different goal...still so unsure!

That's it from me, onto working out 4x a week now, it's going to be tough but this time I think I'll reward myself with a bikini for my holiday if I complete it. Hope everyone is doing well!