Old 01-04-2014, 02:37 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

How's everyone doing so far?

I'm excited because so far my weight is slowly going down each day. Down almost a pound in two days!
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:26 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 255/210/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Ballerina View Post

I'm excited because so far my weight is slowly going down each day. Down almost a pound in two days!
That's great!

I'm doing well too. Slowly losing so far this month. Today I worked out at the gym and walked my dog and ate well so I'm hoping for continued losses.
amerrylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:40 AM   #33  

Height: 5'7''

Quote:

Feeling good so far! Keeping a detailed food journal is enlightening and really motivating!
Anyone else keeping a food journal?

Just weighed in and I'm 1lb down! Woohoo! First lb GONE!!

Last edited by NewKate2014; 01-05-2014 at 04:46 AM.
NewKate2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:30 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

Hey everyone. Glad a few of us are losing weight already! I got a FitBit for xmas, it pretty much tracks your activity level for the day and it really is motivating me to move more. I was not moving to pathetic levels! So I decided to make sure I'm walking more, I'm trying to get at least 6km in a day which usually has me burning about 2200 calories a day. I'm trying to lose my weight slowly (1/2 pound a week) so I've up my calories to 1700 a day. Surprisingly since New Years I've already lost a pound. I hope it continues.

NewKate2014- I use MFP to track my calories so I guess it's a food journal. I love it because it really keeps my portions in check.
Changergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:32 PM   #35  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! I'm on my third day of following french women don't get fat and joined a challenge on diet bet. I'm really excited and motivated to try something new. Yesterday I went without snacking and actually sat down and had dinner instead of watching tv or doing something else at the same time, and i realized that i enjoyed my food more and ate less. I'm hoping this changes something because technically i've been counting calories and/or doing weight watchers for a year with no results.

ohtheplaces and changergirl- I have a fitbit too! i got that and the aria wifi scale for christmas. I feel like its a good reminder to move more and i like how this fitbit is easily used as a watch which makes me leave it on my wrist.

newkate- congrats on the first lb lost! I know it will be the first of many!

I'm trying to keep the motivation to cut my portion sizes. That I can eat anything, but it's really about adjusting the portion so that i can enjoy a little but but don't have to eat everything…
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:49 AM   #36  

Saw a slight rise yesterday, but it dipped back down today.
Started this month at 170.6 and I'm currently 169.2 (ticker doesn't do decimals). Not sure if I'll have an official weekly weigh-in day like Monday -- for January I'm weighing in every day but not updating my ticker as often.

newkate not keeping much of a food journal for now. But I am planning out my meals. (Lunch this week? Soup and salad just about every day.)

changergirl I need to break out my fitbit again! Those sound like good goals.

jayohwhy you're so much better than me! I'm terrible about doing other things while I eat. Reading, TV, surfing on my cell phone....I'm awful.
Maybe I should start small and aim for one meal per day with no distractions. Or maybe one full day per week.

Last edited by Quiet Ballerina; 01-06-2014 at 12:06 PM.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:45 PM   #37  

How's everyone doing today?

I'm feeling good, sticking to between 1200-1400 kcal per day and i'm already feeling used to the deficit.

Back to work today and keeping busy makes it so much easier.

K x
Old 01-06-2014, 06:18 PM   #38  
one pound at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewKate2014 View Post
How's everyone doing today?
I'm also back to work today, and am glad for it. I am trying to drink more water and eat breakfast in the morning. It seems more luxurious to wake up early and eat a sit down breakfast than have to scarf things down during my lunch break while I'm working at the same time. However, today, I ended up having to pack my breakfast and bring it to work because the person I carpool with came early. However, after eating breakfast, I had a snack at lunch (nuts and yogurt) and am waiting to have a real dinner when I get home and not have to rush. I also drank water instead of my usual mid-day coffee.

Quote:
Saw a slight rise yesterday, but it dipped back down today.
jayohwhy you're so much better than me! I'm terrible about doing other things while I eat. Reading, TV, surfing on my cell phone....I'm awful.
Maybe I should start small and aim for one meal per day with no distractions. Or maybe one full day per week.
congrats on being down! It's an adjustment for me to eat without distractions. I find myself having to adjust my meal times to times where I am less busy. However, since I'm working on having scheduled mealtimes instead of waiting until I'm ravenous and eating everything, it works out.

I'm scared that the scale is never going to show my progress. I'm trying to monitor myself really closely since I know that when I get lax on accountability that's when I just fall back into bad habits. I have rid my house of my "trigger foods" that I tend to mindlessly snack on and have only left high quality/ healthy choices for when I'm hungry. This morning the scale showed nothing, but I'm going to give myself a couple of weeks before I really expect to be down some weight.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:58 AM   #39  
one pound at a time

Good morning everyone!

Yesterday I was on track. Ate breakfast, had a snack for lunch (yogurt and nuts) and then sat down to a (pretty clean) dinner of quinoa, sesame chicken, and roasted cauliflower with kalamata vinaigrette (all made from scratch).

today has been good so far. woke up early enough to have breakfast at home and now I'm ready for the day. the scale still isn't registering a loss and I'm trying not to obsess!
Old 01-07-2014, 07:30 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 194/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Hi everyone just checking in.

I went to a weightloss clinic at a nearby hospital and he set me up on a loose mediterranean style diet and gave me some supplements to balance out some of my womanly hormones lol. I have to go in for some testing and what not but I am actually pretty excited.

Today was pretty bad for sugar...I just felt like I needed it. One of the things I think is that I don't have anyone to talk to about my weightloss and food control...my boyfriend eats whatever he wants and my parents are eating well but huge portions.

I've lost around a pound so far, but on my days off it is much harder to stay on track...
SallyLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:34 AM   #41  

Yikes. Yesterday was not a good day for me. I think my monthly "friend" is coming soon because all I want is salt and carbs. The scale was not happy with me this morning.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:01 PM   #42  

Today at work there was CAKE EVERYWHERE! and guess what?
I didn't touch a thing!! Feeling really uninterested in sugary foods which is really unlike me .. I'm a teacher and the staff room always seems to have chocolates, cakes and things (people's birthdays, gifts from parents etc) and I can never resist, being stressed and then being faced with the junk food is so hard normally, but today I wasn't even tempted by a tiny slice of malteaser tray bake which is a total weakness!

And I got on the scales this morning and I'm another lb down! woohoooo!

However - I am feeling mega hungry after work so I've got a milky cup of tea
in hand and I'm gonna chill for a bit before my boyfriend gets home from work.

Hope you're all having a good day!!
xx

SW 191.1
CW 188.8
GW 140
Old 01-08-2014, 04:29 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 255/210/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerrylife View Post
I'm starting at around 210 and want to get to 155 next year, which will be 100 lbs from my highest weight ever.
Christmas was rough and by Jan 1 I weighed 215.

The first week of Jan was good though and I dropped 6 pounds by stopping the crazy overeating and eating out. Overall I'm really excited to be under 210 again!
amerrylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:27 PM   #44  

NewKate That is so, so great! I have a hard time resisting sweets at work too. The other day I had a cookie that didn't even taste that good. Such a waste of calories.

This cold weather is such a bummer. When it was nicer I would go walking for a couple of miles a day easily! Now I just want to stay indoors.

amerrylife Great job on the loss so far! Very exciting for sure!!
Old 01-10-2014, 08:46 AM   #45  

Starting weight: 181
Current weight: 135.6
Goal weight: 120
Dollfaise is offline   Reply With Quote