Old 10-21-2013, 09:02 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

I am joining ladies! I did set an ambitious goal, but I am just hoping to get close.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:02 AM   #47  
Dropweight Diva

S/C/G: 245/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

I'm going to sign up. I'm so bad for keeping track of my weight in the graph but only doing sporadic posting in the thread. With this Fall weather, I am having such a hard time staying motivated. All I want to do is EAT. I'm going to try and be a better poster.

I can't do my usual running right now due to some pain issues (Might be an ovarian cyst. Find out Thursday), but I'm going to try and keep a body-conscious state of mind with some yoga through-out the week until I get the go-ahead to start exercising more again.

My goal is ten pounds in ten weeks. I'm starting at 182.8 right now, and I'd like to be down to 172.8 by New Years.

Last edited by Song of Surly; 10-21-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Song of Surly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:06 PM   #48  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

Went to my very first cycling class today! Can I say, OMG? wow. My legs are wobbly, and even my arms are noodley... I must held on the handles too tight... for dear life...
LittleBlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:36 PM   #49  
just do it :)

S/C/G: ticker!

Height: 5'6

No loss to record for me this week since I weigh in on Wednesdays and I don't wanna mess that up. Hopefully I've got something good for week 2!
lanabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:34 AM   #50  

Height: 5'8

I missed working out yesterday and binged
Not the whole day but later in the evening but I know I can't get down on myself and have to push through

By the grace of God,I will be at least 222lbs by next monday

Last edited by Tohisha77; 10-22-2013 at 07:35 AM.
Tohisha77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:43 AM   #51  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Well 10K training has started off with a big FAIL. I've caught a nasty cough along with the rest of Japan. Felt fever-y and tired for the past 2 days so haven't worked out. I feel like I'll be a coughing wreck if I attempted to run. But after sleeping loads I feel it lifting, so I'm hoping to begin for reals tomorrow.

I got to Skype with my Mum on Sunday, it's always nice talking to my parents (speaking to Dad Friday) but it makes me really want to be home already! 59 days to go. Can't wait for Halloween to be out of the way, because next stop is Christmas! I know Americans get Thanksgiving, but not for us Brits!

Hoopty - Yaay, another Berry girl! I love it, I check it almost every day. Glad the party went well! We all go overboard sometimes, it's hard to say no to cake! Although I think your body punished you enough for your slip up!!

Song of Surly - Welcome! Hope your pain goes away soon and you figure out what it is that's causing it =(. Let's do it! I want to lose 10 lbs too!

LittleBlueCat - Haha, good job on the workout!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #52  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

There are so many parties and get-togethers this time of year. It's hard to navigate it and balance enjoying yourself and staying healthy.

I have a weekend getaway with some friends from high school coming up this weekend. There will be a LOT of heavy, rich foods within reaching distance 24/7. I'm trying to plan for how to avoid most of them. I might make a couple dishes that are lighter (and that I know the calories of - I'm a calorie counter) and take them to pass.

And I weigh in on Sundays, so I definitely don't want to slip right before my first weigh in for this challenge!

Anyone have tips on staying on plan through a party weekend?
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 225/175/140

nothing for me either...been a little down and out...infection, cold, coldsore and then girl stuff.. LOL all within ONE week.
luciddepths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:09 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 162/151/142

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiannaKole View Post
There are so many parties and get-togethers this time of year. It's hard to navigate it and balance enjoying yourself and staying healthy.

I have a weekend getaway with some friends from high school coming up this weekend. There will be a LOT of heavy, rich foods within reaching distance 24/7. I'm trying to plan for how to avoid most of them. I might make a couple dishes that are lighter (and that I know the calories of - I'm a calorie counter) and take them to pass.

And I weigh in on Sundays, so I definitely don't want to slip right before my first weigh in for this challenge!

Anyone have tips on staying on plan through a party weekend?

So I don't have tips to get through the weekend except to try really really hard to drink water, not go to any event starving, etc (the usual) but if you find any more, please let me know! My sister's wedding is not this weekend but next weekend, and I know I'll be confronted with lots of cake and bacon-wrapped shrimp screaming at me to be eaten!!

So I propose this: how about we make a deal. We both try to be moderate in what we eat. Obviously party weekends are meant to be enjoyed, but we can still have fun and participate in events without stuffing cake down our throats. If you try and control yourself, I'll do so as well!
chubbySister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:54 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 165/160/120

Height: 5' 4''

LiannaKole & chubbySister One thing that's helped me avoid unnecessary foods is to realize that in 10 minutes, it really doesn't matter if you ate the cake or bacon or whatever. I have dietary restrictions, and one Thanksgiving there weren't any desserts I could eat, so I sat awkwardly while everyone else had pumpkin pie and cookies, feeling pretty down that I couldn't have any. Fifteen minutes later everyone was done and we were chatting and playing games, and for some reason it really hit me how fleeting my sadness had been. Even though it felt so important in the moment, I'd forgotten it so soon. Ever since then it doesn't affect me when I can't eat something that other people can.

Good luck with your parties - you can do it!
Espronceda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:36 PM   #56  
just do it :)

S/C/G: ticker!

So I saw a major post TOM drop today (-5.5lbs!!) and it made me realize how low I set the bar for myself for this challenge. I know it may be water weight and I may bounce back up next week, but hey, as of right now my goal is only 8lbs away for the whole 2 months! heck nawww. Gonna lower that sucker from 225 to 218

Lianna, echoing the others my main tip is to make sure you eat before the party! I know that kind of seems pointless because of course there's going to be a ton of food, but there's likely to be a ton of off plan food it's easier to say no when you're not starving. An alternative to that is to bring something to share that is OP for you, so you can eat with everyone else without breaking the calorie bank. Also... it's ok to have a little something! If it won't trigger a binge for you, a cookie here and there is not going to kill you. I know it adds up, but going to a Christmas party and eating one cookie is NOT what made me fat lol. Just remember that failing to plan is planning to fail and you should be good to go!
lanabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:07 PM   #57  

Hello everyone. I would like to join this challenge. I am looking forward to loosing 15 lbs. I am very optimistic that I will reach that goal. Wishing all of us good luck!
Campana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 225/175/140

Finally feeling better today! Going to give Insanity a re-start.
luciddepths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #59  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

I lost 4.4 lbs this week and then I put in that I lost 3 because I didn't know what day it was when I posted.

I've been doing badly this week. I ate a lot on Monday. Yesterday I was doing great but then I was like, screw it, I'll have another meal and go up to 1800 calories. And today Today I did well until lunch but then I decided to eat the leftover bread (which was the whole slice, really) with chocolate spread. So I'll probably go up to 1513 calories. That's not too bad but I was supposed to eat 883 calories today to make up for Monday. I need to snap out of it.
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #60  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

LittleBlueCat:
nice job! I love workouts that make me feel like that because it shows you went at it hard

Tohisha77:
good attitude, one mistake won't stop you. keep at it!

LiannaKole:
I would stick to the lower calorie stuff and try not to snack on lots of items. May be bring your own snacks and drink lots of water. Oh, and have FUN!

Riestrella: you're sick, it's not a fail! I have my first official 10k this Sunday. I started coughing today, and I feel like I might be getting sick. I don't know if I should run if I do get sick. Ugh, hopefully I'll be fine.

lanabug:
wow, 5.5 lbs? that's awesome.

luciddepths:
woot woot, I've also started Insanity. it's so hard for me, but I like it.
I actually saw 141 after staying in the 143-145 zone for like a few weeks. So excited that I may see a 3 in that middle number I'm feeling a little sick, but hopefully I don't get sick. I was planning on playing hooky on Friday to go to Six Flags this Friday. But, I may actually be sick! lol. Good luck everyone.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote