I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Week 7 Chart!

Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Hello Everyone! I have been struggling to loose wieght these past few months. But I guess not gaining during the holidays is a win. lol

I keep telling myself that I've got this, but I need to reaffirm my commitment. Just too many tempting goodies floating around.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #228  
just do it :)

S/C/G: ticker!

Height: 5'6

Made goal early!! Super ecstatic, now I just gotta hope it stays/wasn't water weight. Cheering the rest of you on! Keep at it!!
lanabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:06 AM   #229  

Way to go lanabug!!!
Old 12-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #230  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

nice job lanabug
how are you girls doing? This threat has gotten super quiet, I think everyone must be busy preparing for the holidays.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #231  

Height: 5'6"

So this past week was no change, I'm not surprised. I'm suffering through finals and that means snacking for energy. I'm happy that I haven't gained back what I've lost, but I've been using exercise as stress relief. Wishing everyone a happy weekend!

Last edited by grinchygirl; 12-12-2013 at 08:18 PM.
grinchygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #232  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

im 152 today after being 155 yesterday i really wanna put that up as i double checked twice.I just dont wanna see it go up again tomorrow and be disapointed.
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:33 AM   #233  

I am down to 242.8. Not close to goal, but still nice.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:09 PM   #234  

Height: 5'3"

You may as well remove me from the list, I started a new job and I work so much I barely have time to eat let alone work out. I stand on my feet all day and still my weight climbs, I'm just too stressed to be remotely healthy.
Dollfaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:37 AM   #235  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 8 Chart!

Huge congrats to lanabug for taking the lead and reaching her goal already! She's lost an INCREDIBLE 20.5 lbs in 8 weeks!! Wow!! Keep up the amazing work everyone!
Old 12-16-2013, 06:16 AM   #236  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hello my lovelies!

How have you all be doing?

I've been doing well recently! I've been taking time to reflect on my weight loss and why I just haven't been able to lose weight for the last year since moving to Japan. I articulated it rather well in my blog post, which you can read if you click here! If you can't be bothered reading all of it, I've essentially come up with a new system of weight loss that I think caters to my way of living. I will introduce new goals into my life 1 at a time for a certain amount of weeks before moving on and adding a new one. I find I get overwhelmed if I try and put too much on myself at once, so I'm looking forward to starting this new system.

I'm even considering making my new "pyramid" idea my next challenge here on the forum. What do you all think, do you want to try something more than just weigh in or just stick to the numbers? I think it's something I'll give a go regardless, because losing weight is so much more than numbers!

I have 4 days left at work before I finish for Christmas and I get to go HOME to ENGLAND for Christmas! It doesn't even feel real anymore, like I'll get to the airport and they'll just say "uhh..what?! You're not REALLY going home!" I guess I'm weird like that.

So I took a chance and weighed myself this morning. I had a good feeling, and I was stoked to see that I'm at 155.6 lbs, a full 4 lbs down from the last time I weighed in! This isn't the start of me weighing in all the time, but I am happy enough with the number to put myself back on the spreadsheet. I might not weigh in next week but I will weigh myself after my 10K.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #237  

S/C/G: 212.6/Ticker/137

First - congrats on the drop on the scale! I bet you must be super excited to get home for the holidays. How much travel time is it for you?

I like the pyramid idea. When I was reading, I was first picturing the easy goals at the bottom (ie. foundational things that lead up to a pinnacle) but thats just personal. I like the idea of incorporating non-scale goals into a structured game-plan like that. And its reminds you that the little things are noteworthy too. The WW app has similar mini-routines etc you can check off (like go to sleep on time, know what you're having for lunch etc) that I found really helped stay on track. Point is - I like it, I could be interested in incorporating in some future challenge.

Me - I got laid out with a crap-tastic cold last week and just started feeling like a human again yesterday. Weight loss has definitely been put on the back burner while I try and feel normal again. Though its really nice to get back to work and have higher thinking power that "ughh sniff pass that Nyquil over here" haha. I think I'm going to not weigh this week again so I don't get discouraged. I'm back on plan and using the residual complete lack of taste/smell to eat notsoyummy healthy things and pump those vitamins back in. No point in eating unhealthy foods if I can't even appreciate the flavour right? haha
dehtripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:53 PM   #238  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

dehtripper - Thanks for your feedback! I wasn't really thinking properly when I drew it out but I will change it so that the easiest goal is at the bottom. So sorry you had a nasty cold, they don't sell NyQuil in the UK but having an American boyfriend has its perks, haha! Don't know how I was able to cope without it now. Lots of vitamins is exactly what you need, glad you're feeling more human. Understandable about not weighing in, not sure if I would either!
Old 12-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #239  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
Hello my lovelies!

How have you all be doing?

I've been doing well recently! I've been taking time to reflect on my weight loss and why I just haven't been able to lose weight for the last year since moving to Japan. I articulated it rather well in my blog post, which you can read if you click here! If you can't be bothered reading all of it, I've essentially come up with a new system of weight loss that I think caters to my way of living. I will introduce new goals into my life 1 at a time for a certain amount of weeks before moving on and adding a new one. I find I get overwhelmed if I try and put too much on myself at once, so I'm looking forward to starting this new system.

I'm even considering making my new "pyramid" idea my next challenge here on the forum. What do you all think, do you want to try something more than just weigh in or just stick to the numbers? I think it's something I'll give a go regardless, because losing weight is so much more than numbers!

I have 4 days left at work before I finish for Christmas and I get to go HOME to ENGLAND for Christmas! It doesn't even feel real anymore, like I'll get to the airport and they'll just say "uhh..what?! You're not REALLY going home!" I guess I'm weird like that.

So I took a chance and weighed myself this morning. I had a good feeling, and I was stoked to see that I'm at 155.6 lbs, a full 4 lbs down from the last time I weighed in! This isn't the start of me weighing in all the time, but I am happy enough with the number to put myself back on the spreadsheet. I might not weigh in next week but I will weigh myself after my 10K.
ditto, Congrats on the scale drop, and I'm so happy that it's working for you! I like your pyramid idea. Visuals for me was huge when I started (I had like a chart and graphs on my desk area and color coded exercise days on my planner). Your pyramid looks pretty neat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dehtripper View Post
First - congrats on the drop on the scale! I bet you must be super excited to get home for the holidays. How much travel time is it for you?

I like the pyramid idea. When I was reading, I was first picturing the easy goals at the bottom (ie. foundational things that lead up to a pinnacle) but thats just personal. I like the idea of incorporating non-scale goals into a structured game-plan like that. And its reminds you that the little things are noteworthy too. The WW app has similar mini-routines etc you can check off (like go to sleep on time, know what you're having for lunch etc) that I found really helped stay on track. Point is - I like it, I could be interested in incorporating in some future challenge.

Me - I got laid out with a crap-tastic cold last week and just started feeling like a human again yesterday. Weight loss has definitely been put on the back burner while I try and feel normal again. Though its really nice to get back to work and have higher thinking power that "ughh sniff pass that Nyquil over here" haha. I think I'm going to not weigh this week again so I don't get discouraged. I'm back on plan and using the residual complete lack of taste/smell to eat notsoyummy healthy things and pump those vitamins back in. No point in eating unhealthy foods if I can't even appreciate the flavour right? haha
so sorry you've been feeling sick. I also had the cold last week and it had me in bed for a few days. I like nyquil, but if I'm really sick I use the severe warming theraflu.

__________________________________________________ ________

It's been so quiet on this thread! I bet we are going to get a lot of people when the new year starts up. what are everyone's plans for the end of the year? I am super excited because my boyfriend and I will be going to Big Bear and snowboarding for a little mini vacation. I usually don't really do anything on NYE, although the past couple of years I've gone out dancing with my girls. Which is fun, but I'm excited to have a more intimate nYe this year.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:51 AM   #240  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Anyone a fan of Beyonce? I quite like her new (surprise) album! In particular the song "Partition" it's so sexy! Sometimes I like to imagine myself at my goal weight looking all sexy and how awesome I'd feel when I hear songs like that! Do you feel that way or is it just a crazy fantasy of mine?! I can't deny the vanity element to losing weight, I want to feel sexy by the time I reach my goal!

kisskiss - Thanks! The pyramid is still a work in progress, but I'm feeling confident it'll work. Yeah, these challenges get real quiet towards the end! It's a shame, so THANK YOU for coming by and keeping us updated! I am spending New Years with my family. Last year I made plans with friends but it was so stressful trying to arrange and it all fell apart at the last minute! So staying safe and just relaxing with the fam. Wow, your plans sound awesome! Hope you have a great time.

Last edited by Riestrella; 12-19-2013 at 05:54 AM.