TOM Plateau

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Ugghhhhh a little less than a week from TOM and I've hit the plateau. Can't wait till the woosh afterward. Been working extra hard to make sure it's a good one. Who else has got the TOM blues? Do you lose/gain/maintain before or during?
  • bleh TOM stalls. I don't think I had them before (years ago), but I might have started to recently.
  • Me! Currently on 2nd day of TOM and I'm up a pound. I know that it's just water bc I've been exercising and eating clean, but still, I hate to see an increase. Want my whoosh now!lol
  • I'm telling ya! Haha I get so annoyed as soon as that bloat hits because I know that me and the scale aren't going to be friends for a while.
  • I fluctuate like crazy. I take the pill that allows you to only have a TOM 4 times, so I don't go through the natural PMS cycle. Anyways, when I get my TOY, I can fluctuate up to 7 or 8 lbs. It's super annoying. It usually lasts for a couple of days and then goes away 2-3 days after I'm finished.
  • It's completely normal to gain a few pounds on your period, don't get too down on yourself! It does suck, especially us who are trying to see the scale drop, but again - it's just apart of who we are unfortunately! I'm coming on my period this week, but I've been bad at eating so my weight gain is probably because of me being stupid!
  • yeeesh, it messes up my month EVERY MONTH.
  • Lately I have been experiencing the TOM plateau far too often. I have to talk to my doctor about changing my BC. Currently mid-week two I am starting TOM and it continues for the rest of the pack. It is the most frustrating thing ever because it is so draining and I HATE THE BLOATING!

I'm sucking it up until I see her in November (since I am at school now) and I don't want to just stop the meds and mess something up with my body.
  • I usually gain 3-4 lbs right before TOM, and then it melts off during TOM. Pretty typical.
  • Don't worry about it, it happens.
  • Day 3 of PMS... still no loss. I HATE TOM. haha
  • The woosh will come.
  • And now I'm up 2 pounds. Feeling a little discouraged.. But that could be the hormones talking.
  • I got my period Friday night. I went up 9 pounds. I've only managed to peel off five. This week will be a wash at best.

Don't get discouraged. Your body is functioning the way it's supposed to, whether we like it or not.
  • Thanks lady! I actually went back to my posts from 2010 and saw I posted about the same thing and posted after about the weight that came off. It's been so long since I've payed attention to my body, I forgot it's patterns. Feeling a lot better today