3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Haircut & eyebrows waxed.. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/287788-haircut-eyebrows-waxed.html)

Savemykissesx 09-20-2013 09:23 PM

Haircut & eyebrows waxed..

I am not very good at going to salon's.... I have a serious problem with getting my haircut. I just find it so awkward going and having it done. PLUS, I never feel like they actually do it the way I want them to. BUT, I last minute made an appointment for this weekend with a new hairdresser.

My point is here --- How many people feel that if they keep up with getting their hair done and their eyebrows done that they just FEEL more motivated to lose the weight?

I am under the impression that if I get my hair done and I keep up with it and my eyebrows I'll be pushed to lose my weight and as long as I keep up with it it'll make me feel better about myself, too.

Am I completely off? OR does this work for anyone else?

Elladorine 09-20-2013 09:29 PM

I'm a little old for this section, but I'd say anything you do that makes you feel well groomed and overall good about your appearance is great motivation to take care of yourself in other ways, including eating better and getting some exercise in. :)

merrilymemory 09-22-2013 01:04 PM

I've actually had some really great success with using this as a motivator! When I was really young, I never took care of myself or my appearance. When I was 19, I made a few friends who decided to do a make-over for me, and it is actually what launched my goal to lose weight.

I have a really great stylist now, that I see every 8 weeks. We've gotten close for a client/stylist, and I'm always really excited to go in and tell her if I've lost weight, or I'll be really disappointed in myself, if the opposite is true! And that day, when I always look my best, I feel like it gives me a lot of energy for the upcoming week to try again if I've been off my diet.

In fact, I've totally changed since my late teens and very early 20s. Now I love fashion and grooming, and it's been a big part of my entire journey.

If you're comfortable going to the salon and getting yourself pampered, I think it can work for you too. :)

triptriptrip 09-22-2013 01:08 PM

I'm the same way. If I don't look good, I just don't feel good and totally get discouraged. Keeping my hair looking pretty good and tweezing my eyebrows regularly keep me on track.

DrivenByAmbition 09-22-2013 01:32 PM

Yeah my eye brows need to be waxed. I feel prettier...

Annik 09-22-2013 02:42 PM

I agree with the concept.

Anything that helps set/encourage energy moving in the way you want it to go will help more of it get going that way.

Things in our lives are more interconnected than we realise/appreciate they are.

alicrimson88 09-22-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savemykissesx (Post 4844956)
I am not very good at going to salon's.... I have a serious problem with getting my haircut. I just find it so awkward going and having it done. PLUS, I never feel like they actually do it the way I want them to. BUT, I last minute made an appointment for this weekend with a new hairdresser.

My point is here --- How many people feel that if they keep up with getting their hair done and their eyebrows done that they just FEEL more motivated to lose the weight?

I am under the impression that if I get my hair done and I keep up with it and my eyebrows I'll be pushed to lose my weight and as long as I keep up with it it'll make me feel better about myself, too.

Am I completely off? OR does this work for anyone else?

I know this one all too well. Before I gained a lot of weight again, I lost 50 lbs. Prior to that time, I did not keep up with myself at all. I often thought why bother? After losing, I found doing makeup, hair, waxing, etc. was much more fun. Since I've gained a 30 lbs back, I'm trying not to let go of caring for myself. It is much more difficult though. haha.

mzshaunna 09-22-2013 06:17 PM

I agree, I'm actually going to the hair dressers in a few days lol I think anything that helps us to stay motivated and keep on track is a good thing :)

souvenirdarling 09-29-2013 08:18 PM

I feel that these indulgences allow us to enjoy who we are as we are, motivate us to take CARE of our whole selves (not just lose weight.)

mhill0823 10-03-2013 11:43 AM

I love the concept! I've been getting my hair trimmed and touched up every 4-6 weeks since I was like 17 or 18 and I get my eyebrows done regularly too. Maybe since it's always been routine for me, I've never thought to use it as motivation. It's a wonderful idea!
I'm thinking when I go next week to get my hair done I'm going to add some more highlights, get a little daring and be pushed to do well on my weight loss!:)

kitkat2114 11-02-2013 04:31 PM

I'm the opposite, I'm never quite sure what I want when I get my hair done lol. But I've never done anything out of the ordinary, just highlights on highlights on highlights

happybug 11-03-2013 02:22 AM

Going to the hairdressers is one of my 'must do' things now, my pamper time. I usually get a few streaks and a cut or trim, my eyebrows waxed. Sometimes the hair cut is crap (well most of the time actually) but the point is that I'm making the effort to look good and now when I sit down in the chair and stare at myself in the mirror, I see the weight loss and remember how I used to look pre weight loss and how I felt frumpy and fat. I feel so much better about myself now and more confident.