Minor Successes

• So after about a week of being unable to workout due to horrific sunburn, today was my first day back at the gym. By horrific sun-burn I went to Atlantic City and was swimming on an overcast day for 2 hours and did not feel myself burning, and therefore did not put on sunscreen.

It took nearly a week for me to be able to tolerate any fabric on my shoulders.

Even after such a terrible week I was suprized to find myself a mere four pounds away from my goal that I have been working towards for a while. My mini-goal is 180lbs. That would mean a total of 50lbs loss from my highest weight, and yet another step towards becoming a healthier person.

I am also diabetic, so part of that becoming healthy/working out deals with getting off medication and regulating my blood sugars through diet and exercise. When it comes to exercise I found that I have to be careful and stick to either strength or to cardio for a day or else my blood sugar levels drop too quickly and the world spins.

So now that you all have some background information I'd like to share some of today's successes!

1) 11 minute miles!!!! I go on the eliptical because I hate the treadmill as it is harsh on my joints

2) A1c is looking good!

3) Tightness in my stomach/abdomen area. I spoke with my roommate who lost a lot of weight through diet and taking up running. She said that for her this tight feeling equated to fat burning in her body. Sweet!

4) I also have figured out my senior thesis topic! Totally not related to exercise, but it is a major stressor!
    Thanks for letting me share these successes with you all! Have a great weekend ladies!
  • I love this! WAY to go to you!!! I am so happy for you and your successes! I love when people are being POSITIVE around here!
  • It sounds like you are doing really well!
  • That's so awesome!!! Congrats on all the good news!
    I feel you on sunburn though, I literally get sunburn so many times a year that I'm used to it and have specific summer clothes that I know I can wear when I'm burnt! I know it's no fun but I'm glad you're feeling better!!