3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Then and Now.... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/287123-then-now.html)

jessica2231 09-03-2013 12:39 PM

Then and Now....

So I was talking with my sister the other night and me and her have been working on healthier living for ourselves. We have slowly for the past few years been weeding things out of our diets. Me and her were talking about how disgusting fast food sounds. (thanks be to God because that stuffs poisen.) and lots of other little interesting changes that were difficult at first but are now habits that it seems we couldnt live without.

So I compiled a little list of some things that I have thought of. I found this looking at my then and now was really beneficial. Its amazing how sometimes I feel like I have done nothing or that I will just NEVER change lol. But looking at this I have seen that I am actually improving and making leaps and bounds in progress compared to just a couple years ago. So please join me so we can all see how far we have come and remember that its always a work in progress.

1. I dont eat fast food anymore

2. My daily diet includes 3/4 vegetables and fruits

3. My diet as a whole is 3/4 or more organic

4. when I eat I purposefully add spices and herbs for there health reasons. (for ex: black seed, basil, lavender, flax, chia...etc.)

5. When I eat i dont substitute flavor for sugar or salt. (food is way better with real flavor spices etc.)

6. when I shop I dont druel over what "I cant have" (because I can have it, I choose not to)

7. I mainly shop the perimeter of the supermarket

8. I dont like feeling stufed anymore

9. I dont eat as if it is my last meal anymore (this is huge)

10. I realize most of the time that if I am full, I can eat the rest later. (this is huge to!)

11. I havent binged on anything in a longtime!

What have you changed and what has become habit for you in your life?

iamritu 09-03-2013 12:53 PM

I wish i cud say a yes to all of them...will get there tho. Howeever, shopping the perimeter of the supermarket...when u put it this way, i do it too!!! yeah............

belovedspirit 09-03-2013 12:55 PM

What a great idea and a great list! I have accomplished some of those, too, and am still working on others so this was a great reminder for me -- thank you! :)

I feel too mentally scattered to figure this out at the moment (I tried, it was all over the place, :dizzy: :lol:) so I'll try to come back to it sometime!

jessica2231 09-05-2013 09:09 AM

Belovedspirit- Its totally a process and who knows next week i might need to knock one off. lol but if you look at yourself what things have you improved on? No worries if your scattered it happens to me to.

iamritu- Love perimeter shopping. :) :carrot:

mhill0823 09-05-2013 04:11 PM

I used to eat out at least 5 nights a week and it wasn't at restuarants with healthy options, it was always fast food 75% of the time.
I've noticed lately that I still eat out 2 nights a week regularly(trivia night and friend night) but it's always at a sit-down restaurant which is so much healthier than fast food. I try to make the healthiest decisions possible while I'm out eating. I was just sitting here thinking that I'm trying to remember the last time I went through a fast food drive thru and it's been Weeks, I'm now so proud, thank you for posting this!:)
I really need to get better at shopping the perimeter of the grocery store. Im pretty good at it but I need some work.

I will say that even though I've gained most of my weight back, I have been getting better this time around about making sure that I do it thr RIGHT and healthy way this time and I'm starting with cutting small things.
I've given up caffeine and my sweet tea addiction and I've been working on eating better.

jessica2231 09-06-2013 09:48 AM

mhill- Great job. Im back for a second time. My first time here I lost 55lbs and then just kind of got cocky and gave up at the same time. So I've got a ticket on the boat to. Im back and hopefully for good. :)