Old 06-03-2013, 11:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Wedding in 200 days! Advice

So I am 26, 5'4" weight one ninety, I have a three month old and a 7year old. My wedding is march 15th and I'm in desperate need of losing 40 lbs by the date. I work full time (desk) so I eat what I can. Am I being unreasonable with my busy schedule to want to try and lose that much weight? What dieting tips and or work out tips would you suggest. Treadmill, cardio videos, I cannot use the gym... Advice please ladies
ictangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:40 PM   #2  
forever a lake effect kid

S/C/G: 262.6/181.3/162.6

Height: 5'4''

Focus on your diet, because that's something you can control that doesn't require a time commitment like working out. I think that you can handle 40 lbs, but it will take a real shift in your eating habits.

STOP DRINKING CALORIES. Stop drinking anything except black coffee (sweetened with sugar substitute and a light amount of creamer), unsweetened tea (iced or hot) and water, water, water! Drink water like it's your job. Seriously, this will help you so much. No more diet soda, energy drinks, fruit juice. Fruit juice is fruit with all of the healthy fiber and micro-vitamins taken out and all of the sugar left in! This is always my first tip to anyone who asks about losing weight. It is the single most effective thing you can do to lose weight quickly.

Cut down on white carbs like white bread, sugar, fried foods, flour as much as possible. I didn't say completely cut out, because I know that may seem impossible to you. (It is impossible for me, and I've been doing this almost 18 months now.) Any substitutions you make will really help you. WHOLE GRAIN bread, baked/grilled food, Truvia for sugar, etc.

Eat more fiber. Eat fruit every day. Eat as many vegetables as you can stand. Baby carrots and hummus. Spinach salad. Minestone soup. Get creative, but load up on them. You have to be careful with the sugar content in the fruit, but any fruit is still a better choice than a candy bar or ice cream for dessert.

Work out when you can! On the weekends or in the mornings. Do it when it's convenient for you. Working out helps a lot, but the real way to lose weight it by eating healthy. Working out is just an added bonus to boost your immune system and improve your overall health.

Good luck and congrats on the coming nuptials!!
epicskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:18 AM   #3  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Eat as much healthy, whole, natural food - add in a lot of veggies - and that'll help crowd out any less-than-healthy food. It's doable. Don't look to exercise to make you drop pounds - so not using a gym won't be a roadblock. Be more active however you can. Walk at lunch for heart health and stress reduction. They say weight loss is 90% adjusted food intake and 10% activity.
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:30 AM   #4  

You never heard of the honeymoon salad diet? Lettuce alone? (Let us alone!)

Seriously though, congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Try as best you can to watch your calories and you will be so happy you did.

At my last fitting before the big day, they almost had to let my dress out again because I was stress eating. (We had just bought a house, then I got laid off from my job, the wedding was coming---just a boatload of change and anxiety all within 5 weeks!)

You can accomplish amazing things in 200 days, good luck! And keep us updated. We will be happy to support and motivate you, plus we want all the wedding details!!!

Last edited by elvislover324; 06-04-2013 at 08:31 AM.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #5  

Focus on your diet,
nvidia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:53 AM   #6  
Crimson

S/C/G: HW:150, SW:139, CW:120, GW:120

Height: 5'6.5"

It's 284 days until March 15, a little over 40 weeks out. You might have counted the days until your last dress fitting? In any case, I think with calm dedication it's doable.
alizarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Just received turbo jam, and plan on starting tomorrow. I have been counting my calories for a few weeks now and when I received my package it states that I should be consuming around 1800 calories a day when I start my workout routine. Sounds like a lot to me, so I am going to for a daily goal of about 1500, then throw in the workout on top.
ictangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/135/120

Height: 5'3''

It's totally doable! I went on a strict plan that I met with a doctor for, but you can buy the same shakes on diet direct and they even have plans on there. If you love chocolate I'd definitely suggest that. Good luck, you will definitely get to your goal!
Cgrace is offline   Reply With Quote