Old 09-01-2013, 04:41 AM   #91  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

namaste ~ Wow, congrats on the 22 lb loss! That run/walk combo sounds like it's doing you well. We're totally ready to welcome you into Onederland. So close!

Dottington ~ I definitely agree that I'm thankful for looking up the nutritional info. Glad I'm not tricking myself anymore. Oomph hangovers. Hope you're feeling better!

Rated ~ Welcome back! You'll be back down in no time! I definitely agree with you on the student teaching, since I'd be in the classroom 5x a week like a regular work day. I'm supposed to start sometime next year, but since I'm not in my com. college's university system, I had to ditch that job. With that said, I'm looking at lower elem. Nice to meet a fellow educator!

~~

Wow, today was tough. There was the annual Okinawan Festival in Waikiki today and well, very hard to stay on plan with everyone constantly asking if I wanted all this bad stuff. I have a weakness for andagi (Okinawan donuts), but I managed to not eat one at all. Not to mention on top of this, we had pizza for dinner. Thank goodness for Domino's spinach and feta artisan. 2 slices and salad did me well. The only worry I have is all that extra sodium!

Ugh, now I'm kind of dreading weigh-in though, since I'm using a different scale. We'll see how things go. Also really enjoying how you all talk about camera poses. GOOD GOSH I can't wait for the day I don't have to be taking pics at a certain angle to look good.
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:19 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

I'm definitely not going to be able to keep up with the chat on this thread (except actually maybe when I'm settled in Vancouver, since I won't be working for a little while!) but I have been reading your posts. I've had a big weekend of farewells and so I'm dreading my weigh-in. I've barely had time to think on the right track in terms of food and exercise, so I'm kind of just hoping that with my big move comes a fresh start for me in terms of food. I'll still have a good chunk of weeks to make a loss!!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:41 AM   #93  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Atari- Thanks so much! I'm 9.2 lbs away! So ridiculously close! Glad I get to share it with you guys!

Rated- I agree, and amp it up at a slower pace rather than trying to go all out when you first get started. Like I said, you learn when you've been doing it for a bit that it doesn't work out all that well to work at a 1000 percent at the beginning. Start with 100 percent and go up! lol

-----
208.2 this morning! I saw it earlier in the afternoon yesterday and thought I would have a huge weight loss, but you know how Mom's scale is. You have to stand in exactly the same spot in exactly the same position or it could be off by 3 to 5 pounds. And my mom refuses to get another because she isn't using it! lol

My fiancé is being super nice and chilling for a few hours at home while I go get my run in! He and I are doing a 5K on the 22nd but he doesn't want to spend a lot of money going to the gym. (It's free for me since my parents gifted me a premium membership.) So he basically said, go and get your run in and I'll chill while you do. So excited.

Last edited by namaste984; 09-01-2013 at 07:41 AM.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:14 AM   #94  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Howdy everyone! So yesterday I had an AWESOME day! I started out with doing blogilates, which was tough because I had to start it off with 10 burpees, which I HATE with a passion because it involves jumping into plank and I HATE PLANKS! I always envy those people who look like they're skipping through it like a breeze, I feel like an elephant bumbling around when I do them. Then the boyfriend and I went to see Star Trek which was SO MUCH FUN! I had a great time watching it, I adore going to the cinema it reminds me why I love film so much!

After that we went to meet our friends and went to a Turkish restaurant, it was GORGEOUS there. The staff were so friendly and the food was delicious. I had a flat bread with an assortment of dips (including HUMMUS, which I miss over here!), a stir fry dish that was lamb, tomatoes and vegetables with a little bit of rice and then I was bad and got a rice pudding dessert which was lovely. I'm a firm believer in you only live once so you might as well enjoy food every once in a while, so when I go out for a meal I don't hold back! It's bad for my body but good for my soul, no regrets (unless I went to some fast food place, then that's pretty shameful!)
Then we went to get drinks, unfortunately I'm a bit sick at the moment (nothing crippling right now, but want to take precautions) so I couldn't drink alcohol so I was on orange juice! Everyone else was drinking though, so the atmosphere was super relaxed and we had an awesome night. My boyfriend got a bit drunk, he always gets really funny and affectionate when he is so I enjoyed seeing that side of him =p.

Random stupidly girly note, but my boyfriend accidentally said something about marrying me the other day. He was joking around calling me special (charming, right? =p) and then I could tell it just slipped out. It took me so off guard but I was cool and didn't mention it, but it was super cute. I also dropped a hint that if we were to get married, give me LOTS of time to plan the wedding so my friends have enough time to save up to have it in America! He was all "uh huh, ok, sure" but I made sure he listened to me ;p. So...really happy with how things are heading.

Today I tidied the house and didn't have time to workout before we went out to meet someone who's shooting a music video. We went to a really famous restaurant and I had pancakes, they were spectacular. No regrets ;p. It was nice to meet up with the guy though, hopefully I'm free to help out shooting the music video it sounds like a fun idea.
When I got back I just couch potatoed it and played video games and ate dinner...usually I wouldn't eat an EXTRA meal after having a heavy lunch but I needed to eat it before it went off and I did feel kinda hungry =/.

Tomorrow I'm back to work for reals for a full week (having been off sick) so I'm a bit nervous and I'm kinda excited to be back on a normal schedule again where I know what times I can do certain things. My pledge is to not sit down and slob out but WORKOUT before I do anything when I get home tomorrow!

---

Atarimae - Glad you have a place to live that fits your financial situation. I know how you feel about fearing the dinners that are made for you...my Mum has a really bad habit of making way too much food and getting a bit defensive if someone doesn't finish it =(. It wasn't always the healthiest either. Since living away from home for 9 months, I really do miss her cooking and I intend to nom it down no complaints over Christmas! But before I would talk to her about what I want to eat, make sure that the portion is right for me and tried to suggest more veg etc. She actually was really on board for the most part, I inspired her to cook a bit more healthily. What was the dish you ate all the time? I know how you feel...I looked up a burger I used to eat all the time in the States that was 1450. I know, what was I expecting from a BURGER, 500 calories?! But still, I was shocked that the burger was almost my daily allowance. I also had fries with it and a coke...AND I ate other meals in the day. No wonder I got to 200 lbs!! Good job on resisting temptations! I salute you!

namaste - A BIT of weight?! Girl, you're down 22 freaking lbs!! That's incredible! I agree with you on the running introduction - that's EXACTLY how I started out and I ran 10K's without stopping at my prime. Everyone starts somewhere, but it will only be a matter of time before you're running miles without a strain. Why not just buy another scale? They're not that expensive, mine wasn't horrific and it does the job well.

Rated - Welcome! So nice to see you made it here! Yeah, eating out a lot does shoot up the number on the scale. But like you said, when you're back in your routine I'm sure the lbs will come off!

Dott - Wow, you're SO talented!! Thank you for sharing those videos! That sounds like you had a lovely night with your boyfriend . I love those moments when you didn't really do much but it just feels so exciting and special.

rainbow - No problem, moving is STRESSFUL! Just pop on here and let us know how you're doing and when you're all settled in then you can really catch up =). So excited for you!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:23 AM   #95  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Rie- I think I will do that this week if I can. Right now money is exceptionally tight because of me quitting my horrible job not long ago and then that company stiffing me on a paycheck. I had plans with the money including that and now everything is all screwy. I may just have to use the scale at the gym for now because my gym membership is free (it was gifted to me) and so is use of the scale, and trust me, I'm there everyday! It's a pretty good scale and tends to stay consistent. My mom has had a weight problem all her life and she doesn't want to replace the scale because she's afraid to get an accurate weight, where I'm like, just show me one weight! Thanks for the encouragement by the way.

----
I am so excited because I am going to take a few photos of my fiancé for the transformation section on my blog and FB page, at the same place and time his before pic was taken. He has lost around 25-30 lbs and has stayed at or below his goal weight for 2 years now! I'm very proud of him and I'm soooo excited to be able to put him on my blog. He was really excited about it too.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:24 PM   #96  

Height: 5'4"

Slightly up this week. Ugh! My resolve seemed to have loosened in August, particularly the last week, so I'm glad it's a new month and I can start things fresh.

Unfortunately, I'm starting the month off with a headache and TOM (probably related), and I have so much work to do. I'm in the middle of a [mandatory] clinical ethics course, which has so many time-consuming assignments. It's a long weekend, and it's beautiful... and I have an essay to write. Boo. Though I'd probably be in bed with my headache if I wasn't at my desk.
-------
Riestrella -- love the marriage slip -- so cute! Maybe it won't be too long? I've been with my BF for over 7 years. He's wanted to get married for like the last 5... but I've always been kind of meh about the whole idea. As more and more of my friends do it, though, I'm coming around, but I'm definitely an elopement kinda gal.

Namaste - you are kicking @ss! Amazing work!

rainbowstrip - are you a canadian or a kiwi? glad you've been able to get some nice goodbyes in!

Atarimae - great job with the donuts! You won't regret not having them, but you probably would regret it if you did!

Dottington - i'm another one on the TOM wagon. I know girls in college dorms cycle together, but didn't know the hormones could spread amongst gals in an internet forum :P

----
Time to get back to work

Last edited by shelflife; 09-01-2013 at 05:26 PM.
shelflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:41 PM   #97  
Newb!

Cool, I'm definitely joining. Definitely need some motivation due to the stress that is work and college starting again. Very excited

Ms A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:52 PM   #98  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

rainbow ~ No worries! We're always here for you! (Though I'll admit, usually I'm pretty silent myself.) Hope to see you settled in when you can!

namaste ~ Oh man, I have friends the same way about paying to work out! I see it as motivation, though one of my close friends see it as, "Why pay for running when you can do it for free?" which is a mentality she has for 5ks too. Glad you're staying motivated though.

Rie ~ It's a chili spaghetti with garlic bread. I guess I knew in the back of my mind, it was a splurge meal, but with the whole "My Fitness Pal" restricting me to 1200 cals a day, I don't think a meal that's about 1100 cals would cut it! Oh that burger though...burgers, they're tempting. Wow, your going out meal sounded delish! I agree that it's okay, as long it's not ALL the time! That was a cute slip-up by your boyfriend. I'd be giddy too!

shelflife ~ Hope the headaches pass! Boo on the essays! I feel you on that, since I've got a boatload to do by the end of this week for my classes.

Ms A ~ Welcome! School and work are always obstacles with weight loss.

~~

Agh. I have the worst sleeping habits ever. When I'm chatting w/ friends about things online, I tend to not notice the time. I just went from having like 2.5 hours of sleep the other night to having like, 11. x_x And now I have some homework to finish up. This week's finals week for my classes. They're all online classes and the exam proctoring is way different than it was last quarter. I hope things run smoothly!
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:57 AM   #99  

Height: 5"6

Hey guys! I just joined, a tad late! My name's Sarah and I already have my Marge Simpson yellow body suit/green dress ordered! lol it may not be sexy, but still form fitting! Haha

I am looking forward to embarking on this challenge with you! I started a 30 Day squat challenge today, because we all know Marge has a nice booty :P Let's kick @ss, team!!
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:14 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

shelflife - It always sucks to see a gain on the scale but at least you are recommitting after a week off plan rather than months! I hate being stuck inside when the weather is beautiful, hopefully you had the chance to take a break from your essay and walk around outside.

Ms. A - Welcome! I can understand the stress with work and school best of luck and remember you need some time for yourself.

Northern Chick - What is better motivation than already having your costume ordered. Maybe try it on and take some before photos so you can see the progress you made during this challenge.

~~

I wore my bodymedia core arm band for the first time today and I love it! I am a numbers girl so being able to have a gadget count everything for me is awesome. It actually made me take my dog for a walk tonight when I didn't really feel like it, and instead of having my usual late night snack I had a diet coke (I know still not healthy but at least calorie free). I also ordered my costume last night. I have to wear it to a school which meant a lot of the costumes were off limits (too short, too low cut, or too tight). So I have decided to go as a pirate. Not too original but I think it will work. I will try it on and take a picture once it comes in.
Rated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:48 AM   #101  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 1 Chart everyone!

Old 09-02-2013, 07:20 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 154/150/125

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone! I'm new here so hope it's ok that I joined the challenge even though I'm a starting a bit later! Have always found it hard to lose weight so hoping this will give some motivation!
Sadiechubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:25 AM   #103  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Well I'm regretting my words of "yolo" yesterday - stepped on the scale this morning and I'm 2 lbs UP! Need to learn to relax and have fun within reason!! I'm sure if rainbow is reading this she'll think I'm silly for ever forgetting it. I'm hoping the 158 lbs was purely down to being on my period and not drinking enough water, but it might just be because I porked out! Oh welly, I live with the consequences.

Today was my first proper day back at work. It was tough! I definitely got used to it before, because I spent most of the day feeling drained and sleepy! My eating was better today because I was mostly working, but I succumbed to a quick pasta meal when I got home. Damn pasta being bad but so tasty!

I think tonight I'm going to take it easy, get an early night, then really hit the exercise starting tomorrow. If I come back here tomorrow night saying I didn't do my workout then YELL at me!!

---

Namaste - Ahh, well fair enough! Best to use the accurate scale rather than the one that's going bust! Just checked out your blog and saw both your updates, you guys look AMAZING! Your fiance looks like an entirely different person!! Definitely inspiration! What did he do to lose the weight?

shelf - Aww, that sucks =(. Yeah, maybe soon...I hate to admit how much I want to get married...but I really do! I never thought I'd be one to feel that way, but I'm becoming such a sucker to the idea.

Ms A - Welcome!

Atari - Wow...that sounds delicious. Your calorie limit seems so low!! How did MFP calculate that??

NorthernChick - Haha, that's so funny! I love outfits that aren't sexy (I know, hard to believe since I run the sexy for Halloween challenge -_-) and are funny/creative!

Rated - I would love a GPS watch for when I run, I love knowing times and distances! Yeah, I'm in the same boat with costumes, I'm wearing a Totoro onesie for my work party this year!
Old 09-02-2013, 07:53 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 168/168/135ish

ok so it's been a long time since I've posted, but i read everything. it's just hard to keep up with all of you, everybody is on a roll!

well let me start with 5 years ago i was jumping on a trampoline and i swear that my knee cap popped out sideways, and of course my knee has never been the same, but i was young and stupid so i never went to the doctor. now about 2 months ago i started running, and my knee locks up a lot so i started wearing a knee brace, even though i know it weekends the joint. well everything is going fine and dandy until 2 weeks ago i literally hopped out of my truck and my knee popped out again. this time i went to the ER and they said it was sprained, but that since they didn't give me an MRI they have no idea if i have tore a ligament.
so needless to say I'm frustrated, not only have i not been able to workout for 2 weeks but now i also have bronchitis. either way i don't care, because today is the day i get back on the treadmill, my knee hasn't been swollen in 6 days so hopefully it will hold out, my lungs on the other hand are a whole other story. anyways thank y'all for allowing me to rant, apparently it's just not my month lol.

northernchick
- oh we will most deff kick some a$$ lol i have a pinterest post on my page that's for motivation and it says "my feet hurt...from kicking so much A$$" its a runners quote and i love it!

riestrella- now you know 2lbs is not the end of the world, i still say yolo! lol its probably just the water weight and will probably be gone tomorrow. you're doing great

shelflife
- TOM uggg! nuff said lol

ok well i'm soon to be off to work, so much for labor day, no such thing in retail lol

Last edited by jackiedavis87; 09-02-2013 at 07:53 AM.
jackiedavis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #105  

Yesterday was light because of my headache, and today the scale was down 1.6lb from yesterday morning. Obviously not all fat, but hopefully a bit, and any loss is nice to see!

It's another beautiful day, and another day to spend inside doing work. I actually was able to spend last evening reading in the hammock on my balcony. I have a river view, and it was warm so it was just lovely. The nice weather won't last too much longer, so I was just glad to be able to enjoy it a bit!

jackie - Sorry about the knee I have PFPS on my right, and it was really acting up a few weeks ago. I find I do alright running on a treadmill, but when I try to take it outside I aggravate it and pay.

riestrella - Just like my 1.6lb loss isn't all fat, I'm sure hardly any of that 2lbs is fat. Just get back on the horse ASAP. I'm with you on pasta. I can't have it in the house. It is a true weakness (along with most simple carbs), and definitely what I crave if I'm having a bad day.

sadiechubbs & northernchick - welcome!

rated - a pirate costume is always awesome! I have no idea what I'm going to be this year...

atarimae - good luck with your school work! and I hear ya on the sleeping issues...
shelflife is offline   Reply With Quote