Old 06-28-2013, 06:31 AM   #46  

Height: 5'1

Literally love this challenge! I'm going on holidays on the 30th of July so this would really help! I've been working on getting my food plan on target once again during the month of June and have struggled with it. Exercise has been fine and I have reached my goals for exercise in June. My goals for this challenge will mainly focus on foods and drink.

Goals for my 20 days:
  • Exercise EVERYDAY.
  • 1 - 2L of water EACH day.
  • Minimum on junk food/fast food.
  • Alcohol only allowed to be consumed ONCE. (Planned anyway since I'm saving for the holidays and I've a birthday mid July. Shouldn't be an issue, not a big drinker)
  • FRUIT FRUIT FRUIT! Time to get fruit back into my food plan.

EDIT: Added my name to the list, will weigh in Monday and set a weight goal according. I'll have my progress in this post (as well as the spreadsheet) and get involved in the conversation to keep us all motivated!

Progress:
Day 1 - Day 1 = successful! Start: 142lbs.
Day 2 - Success! Even resisted McDonalds!
Day 3 - While, I'm not updating my weight until Day 10, I did step on it this morning and I'm at 141! 5 mile walk done, also. Been a while since I did that long of a walk.
Day 4 - Today was difficult! So while one goal is to drink water, I am trying to stay away from fizzy drinks in general. Today in work, I was able to resist the urge to grab something from the fridge. Instead I downed a bottle of water! I weighed in at 140 this morning. My plan is to get a 5 mile walk in tomorrow before work tomorrow evening.
Day 5 - Great day! Lots of fruit, lots of water, exercise done.
Day 6 - Another great day! Lots of water and fruit today! Exercise was a little bit of a struggle. Took me at least an hour to get the motivation for my walk but I went and did it in the end!
Day 7 - Lots of water again today, been so warm lately! Exercise was grand, got it out of the way early afternoon. Food was on target, lots of fruit.
Day 8 - Disappointed I didn't get out for a walk this evening. It was just way to warm and I wanted to sit in the garden since sun isn't here too often. I got my weight lifting sets in and I did walk to work. I'm off work tomorrow, my plan is to do a 5 mile walk early in the afternoon so I can enjoy the sunshine. Water and food were on plan.
Day 9 - Exercise was a bit of a struggle today, but I got it done.
Day 10 - Another tough day! But I got through it in the end!
Day 11 - Another tough day! Been working so much lately, that I'm struggle! I want to try stay in this challenge to the end!
Day 12 - Working all day, loads of running around and water needed! Seems to be getting tougher for me than easier as time goes by.

Last edited by Dreamer2012; 07-12-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:06 PM   #47  

Default Brand new... Can I join? :)

Hi all!

I am BRAND new to this website. I found this forum and challenge and decided, that sounds perfect for me! So I created a profile... Is it okay if I join??!

I am a stay at home mama of a 2 year old girl. I'm still trying to lose that "baby" weight... ::blush:: my husband works long hours and I dont have much help, so exercising has to be with my daughter. I try to run 3 miles a few times a week using the jogging stroller. This week hasn't been very good with the rain.

I also have terrible eating habits. I know what good food is and I like fruits and veggies, but give me a package of cookies and they're gone! Im really trying to change my relationship with food. Any advice or input on that subject is greatly appreciated.

Anyways, I love a challenge and accountability. And I figure, I can do anything for a short period of time so... Lets go!

My goals are:
1. Exercise at least 3x per week for 30 min.
2. I will eat real food. No junk.
3. I will only eat my 3 meals per day. No snacking. This is my main problem)

Thank you for reading!

Last edited by Cali627; 06-28-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Cali627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 198/175/135

Height: 5'3

Hi everyone!

I'm so happy to have finally found weight loss support, it was getting lonely doing it on my own lol. I'm currently a 3rd year college student and with college came some extra weight (30 extra pounds :\). I was already a little bit overweight when I started college, but my weight jumped from 168 to a whopping 198 pounds, which did not sit well on my 5' 3 frame. I cut down on my excessive eating earlier this year and easily lost 13 pounds to come down to 185. I've been actively eating better and exercising regular since the end of April this year and I have gone down from 185 to currently 165 pounds. My short term goal is 150 before the school year starts again and ultimately 140 pounds. At this point I've been at sort of a stand still, but I'm hoping this challenge will give me some motivation. My goal at the end of this challenge is to be 155 lbs.

For 20 days straight I will:

Not eat junk food/candy/bread/pasta/white rice.
Workout 2x daily (mix of gym classes and home workouts).
Only drink water, at least 3L/day.
I will learn to say NO and not overindulge when eating out.
I will not weigh myself until the end of the challenge.

Last edited by GabrielleAz; 07-01-2013 at 07:59 PM.
GabrielleAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:12 PM   #49  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Last day to sign up! If you've been on the fence about joining then today is your last day to make a decision!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:13 AM   #50  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

After a terrible eating weekend and yet another week of being a lazy SLOB I am ready to get my arse in gear and do 20 days straight. I'm hoping to see some good results, not only in my weight but in the way I feel about myself. It'd be amazing if I could get back into the 140s, my all time low weight, but 20 days isn't really that long.

I think my ultimate goal from setting up this challenge is to start habits. I hope that once the 20 days are up I can be proud that I stuck by my pledge, but also I hope to continue it on into the rest of my life. I know it sounds very wishy washy but being healthy is a lifestyle and it's not the one I'm living right now. I want to get to my goal weight and catch my reflection and think "yeaahhh, I look awesome" not "oooh, is that how people see me?"

So I'm about to say goodbye to June and hello July and hopefully a brand new start. It's never too late to start over, to change our damaging habits and create a better life for ourselves. Here's to being happy, but most of all - friggin' awesome!

Last edited by Riestrella; 06-30-2013 at 07:14 AM.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:02 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 220/238/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm going shopping today to stock my fridge with healthy stuff. Bring on the challenge!
Dani0112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:33 PM   #52  
Against all odds

S/C/G: 340/331/170

Height: 5'8"

I am so ready for this challenge OMG. I need to change my current routine.
darlingbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #53  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

I was too excited for this! Now I have to change my goals or I'm bound to fail.

#1 - 1500 calories a day
#2 - Do a minimum of 30 min of cardio every day
#3 - Do weight lifting 7 days out of the 20-day-challenge

There, that I can do. I'm gonna draw my own little calendar for this challenge
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:51 PM   #54  
1500 Max!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/119

Height: 5'6"

I haven't had proper internet for five months so I disappeared from the forum! Can I still join? It's only just July 1st where I am. My goal is to not eat sweets and chocolate for 20 days as currently that is my biggest downfall!
LucyOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:56 PM   #55  
look to windward

S/C/G: 185/178/145

Height: 5'7"

Everyone ready to get going? I'm starting Insanity tomorrow, SO pumped to get sore!

LucyOlivia, I'm not the challenge master, but if the sign-up on the Google spreadsheet is still open, I think you're good to go
nightwasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:04 AM   #56  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Let the Challenge COMMENCE! 35 contestants. 20 days. Who will succeed?

Click here bada$$ mofo's to track your progress!

The rules for all contestants:
  • You must put an "X" in your row for each day you are on plan. If you fail to put your X in your row for more than 2 days you are OUT.
  • Be honest: if you break your pledge then bow out of the challenge.
  • Please use this thread to discuss your progress, your weight changes and how you're feeling - give and get support!
  • There is an option to enter your weight on the far right side of the spreadsheet but please remember this is about dedication not the number on the scale!
Old 07-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #57  
1500 Max!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/119

Height: 5'6"

Today I am at the end of my working day and not a single chocolate or candy has passed my lips! This challenge is really motivational! I'm so glad I just made it!
LucyOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:54 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 268/163/155

Height: 5 foot 6

Happy Canada Day to all the canadians on here!. Good day to start this challenge!! plus 36 degrees celcius here today and most of the upcoming week.. so water intake DEF wont be a prob this week!
Kymish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #59  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

The mailman woke me up this morning and delivered my new digital scale. I'd say - perfect timing! It's the beginning of the new month and this challenge and I'm so ready.

I stayed in my calorie range so far though it's hard. PMS is being a pain in my bootay.

And I did 30 min of HIIT running, woohoo! First time since about a month, Jeez.

Weight this morning: 142.0 lbs
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #60  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Been OP all day and got in my workout, this is going to be such a great and successful challenge!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote