3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Adios to the 140's and 150's-7 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/281927-adios-140s-150s-7-a.html)

liliesinmycereal 06-10-2013 12:02 AM

Congrats tehshort1!

curlyfroyo 06-10-2013 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinnyelle39 (Post 4756056)
[B]
Been on track and working out, even skipped my dads amazing bbq ribs this past weekend. Im trying to transition to a more plant based diet, eventually would like to be vegan.Red meat and pork were the easiest things to eliminate. Hit 151.6 , the least Ive weighed in a good year and half so happy about that ;-).

I completely agree, beef and pork were so easy to drop, its been I think a lil over 5 years ive given it up and I dont miss it unless its st pattys day and i want corned beef and cabbage or summer time bbqs when ppl make ribs. But 2 days of the year....ill live. I then cut out fat on other meats/ only eat skinless chicken. I dont see myself giving up fish and chicken tho...it would be really hard for me since im allergic to soy. good luck girl!

Dottington 06-10-2013 03:45 PM

tehshort1 Great job! :)

So I realized last week that one of my biggest downfalls has been going out to eat. It's not that the restaurants I go to are particularly unhealthy, but I'm one of those people who can eat really healthy, but way too many calories. So I've been really challenging myself to make better choices at restaurants and just have salad or steamed vegetables instead of getting a veggie burger or noodle dish. So far its been good and I'm hoping this will help me reign in my calories a bit.

I've been visiting my bf so exercise hasn't been what it normally is, but I did do my ab workout last night an some squats as well as went for an hour walk.

Hope everyone is doing well!

skinnyelle39 06-11-2013 09:43 AM

Hey ladies. Still hangin around at 150. I keep seeing 147, 148 pop up over the weekend, this is usually after some drinks tho. Im hoping this is the last week I weigh 150 anything.

curlyfroyo thanks girl! I think I can live without chicken but I think fish will always be apart of my life. Love salmon!

dottington at least you are getting some movement in :0). Keep up the good work

tehshort1 congrats and welcome!

Dottington 06-12-2013 01:44 PM

skinnyelle That's so exciting you've broke into the 40s! GREAT job! :carrot:

Went hiking this morning with my bff and made us a delicious and healthy breakfast. Day is off to a great start. Going to do ab work later plus squats!

RedRose86 06-13-2013 12:21 PM

Hey guys, so I got into the 150's back in April and after a long plateau of ups and downs I'm finally starting to lose again. I feel like very "decade" I enter into gets harder and harder. Does anyone else feel this way?

skinnyelle39 06-14-2013 10:41 AM

[QUOTE=Dottington;4770588]skinnyelle That's so exciting you've broke into the 40s! GREAT job! :carrot:

Thanks! I just wish it would stick. Held strong at 150 all this week even with several indulgences so hopefully by the weekend or next week Ill be under 150 without bouncing back.

Andi24 06-14-2013 10:50 AM

Skinnynelle, great job! I always bounce back and forth for 3-4 days every time I drop a few pounds!

I'm down to 145, which I'm pretty excited about! 26 down, 23 to go, more then halfway there! I was way to tired to go work out at 4 when I woke up, so I have to get there tonight after work. I did make it to the farmers market last night and bought some fresh zucchini, cucumbers and green beans! I had an amazing breakfast this morning, as I neglected the gym so I had time to kill...so I had an egg sandwich on flour free revolution rolls!

skinnyelle39 06-14-2013 11:50 AM

andi24 you are killing it! im down about 26 as well. I think im going to try to drop about 15-25 more, just depends on how much my body resists.

that breakfast sounds amazing. I had an egg sandwich this morning as well, but on an Arnolds sandwich thin for 100 cals. Tell me about these flourless rolls

Dottington 06-14-2013 01:37 PM

andi24 Great job! Yay farmer's market :) I'm still trying to find a good one near me. I'm curious about these rolls too!

skinnyelle I always do that bouncing around thing too :p I can really relate to what you said about deciding on goal depending on how much your body resists....I feel like once you get to a healthy bmi, its like so freakin hard to lose!

So I really want my scale back! haha Its been almost a month....my measurements have gone down a smidgen. I "feel" smaller...hmmm...have to wait and see!

Visiting my bf in LA, excited to head to chinatown later, I'm totally hoping to get some cute ballet flats :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

Andi24 06-14-2013 02:44 PM

Skinnynelle That's kind of how I am too, actually. I would LOVE to get down to 122, so I can say I lost 50 pounds, but if I'm happy at 130 and I'm having trouble losing anymore, I'm totally fine with 130 being my goal. As long as it's under 136 (with a little legroom) because that's my healthy bmi!

Dottington when are you getting it back? You go girl, for doing so well without it for so long!!! Have a GREAT time in LA and Chinatown! Totally jealous, I LOVE the one in Chicago...so cheap and amazing!

The Revolution rolls are great because on MF I can't have bread...and the "bread" substitutions using the soup packets just aren't good. ANd this way I can count it as part of my lean and green meal instead of a medifast meal. I love my sandwiches, so I was excited to find such a great substitute...but it's NOT like real bread, if you love your carbs :) Its on plan for medifast, and my mom does weight watchers, it's 1 point for 2 rolls.

Anyway
http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...200602_272.jpg
*3 eggs at room temperature (I put them in hot water for a few minutes)
*3 T light/reduced fat/regular/fat free cream cheese (SOFTENED)...whatever you prefer (I use reduced fat or regular so I can count it toward my healthy fat!)
*A pinch of cream of tartar
*1 packet/1 t stevia, truvia, splenda, sugar, whatever you use (I use truvia)

preheat oven to 350
separate yokes from whites
add cream of tartar to whites
beat whites to form stiff peaks. If you turn the bowl upside down, it should stay in the bowl!

In separate bowl, combine softened cream cheese, truvia, and yokes, stir until well blended.
Fold yoke mixture into whites
divide into six equal parts on cookie pan, lined with wax paper
bake for 20-25 minutes (until they are golden brown on top...too long and they get stale-tasting, they should be light and fluffy)

Yesterday I had a chicken salad sandwich, and this morning was my egg, beef and cheese sandwich, delicious!

Note that the second pic was a different batch from the first...much darker, I cooked it a few minutes too long, but it still tasted pretty good.

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...052516_838.jpg

Hope everyone has a terrific father's day weekend!!

Mer du Japon 06-15-2013 07:50 AM

After briefly making it to 139, I gained some
back and now am 145.8. Ready to get this weight off and get back to the 130's!

Dottington 06-15-2013 04:05 PM

andi24 Thanks so much for the recipe and the pics! That's so cool you found an awesome substitute! I'm definitely going to have to try it! I was supposed to get my scale back tomorrow, but my friend who had it is actually staying with me for a couple weeks and forgot to bring it >_< So I have to wait a bit longer....

mer-du-japon you can do it!

So chinatown was awesome. Got a cute top, heels, and this lace cami set all for $48! Bf has a lot of work to do while I'm here, so keeping myself entertained by walks and ab/leg exercises.

The bf lives next to this cute little japanese district and we like to walk there at night for either a treat or dinner. Last night we went there for dinner to this awesome little restaurant and I was really good! See I recognized that my biggest hindrance has been eating out and I've been working really hard to make better choices. So I got yakisoba with tons of veggies and then for dessert we split a strawberry crepe.

Hope everyone's having a great saturday!

tofulover 06-16-2013 08:37 AM

Hi ladies, after spending the majority of last year in the 150's, I've finally broken into the 140's! Right now I'm at 147. Unfortunately, the scale seems to mess with my head, so I've decided to take a break for the next 30 days. My downfall is definitely the weekend. Boredom is not a good thing for me. Going to work on planning things to do and sticking to whole foods.. mainly no sugar (turns me into a fiend).

dottington - sounds like your time in chinatown was awesome. one of the perks of losing weight in asia is that i have FINALLY been able to indulge in some cute, cheap clothes that actually fit! yessss.

mer-du-japon - just keep going.. hopefully i can get there as well.

Andi24 06-18-2013 07:01 AM

Tofulover Weekends are the WORST! Good luck on your scale break! Congrats on making it this far!!

Dottington I'm glad Chinatown was fun! Good for you, sticking with healthy choices eating out...that's always hard!!

Three times this weekend I decided that I was going to have a cheat day, and when it came down to it, I changed my mind...so I was proud of myself for that. We were about to go to a Vietnamese restaurant, but then I backed out and looked up the easiest ethnic restaurant to eat healthy...and found this absolutely adorable little Peruvian place where I had DELICIOUS raw tilapia in lemon juice, a dish I never in a million years would have ordered had I not been on a strict plan, and I loved it...so it turns out this diet is making me venture into new things! The waiter was totally nice too, he sat down and showed me everything they could make to meet my needs...yeah, he got a 35% tip.

Then I backed away from a strawberry shortcake that I had already paid for and was ready to eat...I gave it to my cousin and walked away. I just kept reminding myself of the two pounds I had lost the day before. I didn't do so hot on the work out front this weekend, but I was happy I stayed on plan all weekend, when I full heartedly decided NOT to.

I've come to a decision though...Medifast is just getting too expensive. I LOVE the program, the food, the benefits, but I hate the cost. So I'm thinking I'll start phasing out of the program, transitioning to wholefoods, once I hit the higher end of my healthy weight. I'll still have about 10 pounds to go after that but I hope I can do alright on my own. I've also decided that my goal reward is going to be a belly button piercing...I've always wanted one, but always been too fat for one.